Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Being performatively miserable is very off-putting to people who are not also doing the same thing. If you have interests other than saying you're depressed on the computer, you will develop important social connections with other people and can enjoy eachother's company and might find you have a lot in common with them, if you have an open heart and a healthy outlook :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
oh great. wonderful. now someone will have to quote all of the previous happiness tips into this thread. oerfect

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
meetup.com is a great place to potentially find others with similar interests!

good luck and stay safe!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Be best

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
happiness tip: keep your happiness tips organized in a single thread!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

trying to haha

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

happiness tip: drugs

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

thank you for all your threads recently OP theyve made animal trash posts better by comparison

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

im being performatively miserable. and loving it

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gas

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

How do I go outside without having to spend money constantly

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Blockade posted:

Go to a park and play basketball
Go for a run
Walk in the woods
Roll around in a detention pond
Dig a big hole

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
if we could get a mod to stick the happiness tips thread maybe bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m will stop forgetting that they already made this thread :)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Blockade posted:

I believe in your intelligence as a person and trust you to be able to figure things out for yourself :)

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Capitalism is hard, but a nice hot shower can turn your day around! Consider jumping into the "steam room" next time you feel gross and see how much difference it can make!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

You can also take a nice bubble bath when your muscles get sore from the gym or you just want to take some time for yourself. :)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

best to be happy but if you can't be happy then best to be feared - leonardo de vinci

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Not sure why we need all these threads and tips. Just be happy, simple as :shrug:

Its that time
Nov 8, 2011
Every morning I put happy thoughts in a jar.

Then, once per week, I open it, set it on fire and douse it with my own piss.

#happylife

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
jack off in VR chat to build meaningful connections

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Not sure why we need all these threads and tips. Just be happy, simple as :shrug:

That's a good point, and I'm sure that tip will work for some people!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

You can also take a nice bubble bath when your muscles get sore from the gym or you just want to take some time for yourself. :)

Maybe add some soft music and use the bath time to journal? I like to write one thing I'm thankful for at the beginning and end of each day.

Its that time posted:

Every morning I put happy thoughts in a jar.

Then, once per week, I open it, set it on fire and douse it with my own piss.

#happylife

As an alternative, consider writing down your happy thoughts and posting them on your bathroom mirror! You go in and out of there a lot throughout the day, so you'll never be far away from something that made you happy.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Being performatively miserable is very off-putting to people who are not also doing the same thing. If you have interests other than saying you're depressed on the computer, you will develop important social connections with other people and can enjoy eachother's company and might find you have a lot in common with them, if you have an open heart and a healthy outlook :)

When I'm feeling misanthropic, I like to shut my laptop, set a timer, and spend the next 10 minutes meditating or engaging in a sensory task!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
happiness tip: sit down and shut up

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
happiness tip: get super invested in an internet community: reddit, twitter, tumblr, SA, whatever feels good. make thousands of posts, start a whole gimmick, get some posting feuds. if you start seeing posts that make you feel bad or maybe challenge your values just post even more

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

go bird watching, imo

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Wakko posted:

happiness tip: get super invested in an internet community: reddit, twitter, tumblr, SA, whatever feels good. make thousands of posts, start a whole gimmick, get some posting feuds. if you start seeing posts that make you feel bad or maybe challenge your values just post even more

To me, this is an UNhappiness tip because feuds tend to leave both parties feeling rough. You know what they say: revenge is a poison chalice from which you willingly drink.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

happiness tip: sit down and shut up

Especially when you're treating yourself to a special meal after achieving a goal or making a big change to your routine! If you're eating with a loved one, consider sitting down and opening up! People who care about you want to know how you're doing, and being honest can help you feel better about yourself.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

I agree, farting makes me happy too. Be careful not to shart though! Unless that also makes you happy I guess, it takes all types.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Especially when you're treating yourself to a special meal after achieving a goal or making a big change to your routine! If you're eating with a loved one, consider sitting down and opening up! People who care about you want to know how you're doing, and being honest can help you feel better about yourself.

Light a candle or 2 to make any meal feel like a special occasion :)

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

NeatHeteroDude posted:

To me, this is an UNhappiness tip because feuds tend to leave both parties feeling rough. You know what they say: revenge is a poison chalice from which you willingly drink.

uh oh! looks like NeatNegativityDude has shown up. there's lots of ways to find happiness, and nothing makes friends faster than having an internet feud in common. have you thought about taking a break from the computer and maybe going to the gym?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Wakko posted:

uh oh! looks like NeatNegativityDude has shown up. there's lots of ways to find happiness, and nothing makes friends faster than having an internet feud in common. have you thought about taking a break from the computer and maybe going to the gym?

I'd like to buy an Internet feud

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

do the drugs that make you happy :)

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Wakko posted:

I'm on my way there now! It's bad to text and drive, so I'll check in later to see even more awesome happiness tips.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Happiness tip: It doesn't matter how you feel inside, you know. It's what shows up on the outside that counts. Take all your bad feelings and push them down, all the way down past your knees, until you're almost walking on them. And then you'll fit in, and you'll be invited to parties, and boys will like you.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Try drugs or butt stuff. Safely and responsibly :angel:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

happiness tip: buy yourself something lacy to really wow the man at home

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Happiness tip: World of Warcraft Dragonflight launches worldwide on November 28, 2022 at 3PM PST

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Ha! Penis thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I think happiness is mostly about finding a band that you like that was popular 20 years ago and buying some merch to put on your walls and maybe going to a show if they're in town even though they're middle aged and pathetic now