Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
Fun while it lasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Best 8 at the World Cup. About the best you could have hoped for with this squad tbh

Wonton
Jul 5, 2012
Nah man. 90% Argentina fans, with some really questionable ref. The 2nd Dutch goal with free kick at 110 minutes was a genius play.

Netherlands really held their ground and the last 15 minutes so many corners and shots they held through. Even the penalty shootout was entertaining, not like japan or Spain.

Good try NL, almost beat handball Messi

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/theeuropeanlad/status/1593742272146857989?s=46&t=nN_Pjl2C5E6eQ5b5x23tkw

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

:geert:

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.
Lol at everyone in the Dutch camp still calling penalties a lottery. Guess we just have the worst luck in the world.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I for one enjoyed that glorious 20 minutes of Total Longball

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Super Dutch guy cannot be mad

But the ref hosed us.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Adhemar posted:

Lol at everyone in the Dutch camp still calling penalties a lottery. Guess we just have the worst luck in the world.
Well maybe it's like US Powerball and they have roughly a one in a billion chance to win.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
An absolutely standard Dutch world cup performance

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.

Crazy Ted posted:

Well maybe it's like US Powerball and they have roughly a one in a billion chance to win.

:hmmyes:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lolland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

I liked the bit where they lumped it up there for van Crouch and Cascarinooij