Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
On the one hand I trust in LvG. On the other I think we'll probably get out of the group and then crash out in hilarious fashion when whoever gets made starting goalkeeper cracks under the pressure and lets in some howlers.

Thanks for making the op AJ. Here goes nothing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Jose posted:

Should've called up botman and now deserve to go out

Agreed, no idea why he's not in the squad.

Vegetable posted:

Defense looks great and attack looks pretty middling. Weird thing to be saying about the Dutch team. What’s their likely first XI?

I reckon something like this:

code:
                               Pasveer
          Timber/de Vrij        van Dijk      Aké
Dumfries                                                       Blind 
                     Koopmeiners        de Jong

Berghuis

Janssen/Depay        Gakpo

E: I suck with code tags.

Elliptical Dick fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 17, 2022

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Well that was disappointing

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

They do seem set up to hit teams on the counter rather than have to break them down so there's probably something to that.

This is true, but NL were exceptionally weak in possession in this match and the defense was shaky to9 against a team that's not exactly renowned for its attacking prowess. This coming after a performance against Senegal which was very similar. I don't think it bodes well for their chances in the knockout rounds.

This group of players is roughly the same as last year's Euros and I'm sure you remember how that turned out.

Adhemar posted:

You’re right, and defense looks solid. Just hoping they can show some improvement on possession.

I have to say I don't exactly agree that the defense looks solid. Senegal and Ecuador were unable to capitalise on the mistakes that were made but they were there and stronger sides will rip this team apart if they don't improve.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Best 8 at the World Cup. About the best you could have hoped for with this squad tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

:geert: