Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B.F. Pinkerton
Nov 29, 2021

Paul's Boutique
(+1) 718-498-1043
Brooklyn, New York
Many years ago, Hernan Cortes and his conquistadors brought forth on this Earth a new nation, conceived in the blood of millions of Native Americans, and dedicated to the idea that Spain could make a fuckton of money if they bought a shitton of slaves and forced them to work the vast untouched natural resources of India (North America). As it turns out, two bad things (Spain + genocide) can make something incredibly good: MEXICO. For decades, Mexico was on the cusp of becoming something more than a regional power, what with abundant natural resources, natural beauty, a large population, and a gently caress ton of regional influence. That changed after a myriad of conflicts between the rich and the poor, as well as the Catholics and the atheists, and a subsequent dictatorship essentially smothered the country. Now, Mexico is the downtrodden older brother of Canada and the United States whose most famous exports are alcohol, food, and their own citizens. Since Mexico has repeatedly failed to one-up the perfidious fat American giant, just above and across the border, on the world stage, they've instead decided to one-up their fat American and admittedly-nice Canadian siblings on the most equitable and important field known to man: EL CAMPO DE FÚTBOL by maybe-possibly-potentially winning this time (please god)

What, neither Americans nor Canadians give a gently caress about fútbol? Are you loving kidding me? At least we've got los brasileños to argue with, I guess.

EL GRUPO:
Mexico will be playing in Group C contra los Polacos, los Argentinos, y los Sauditas:

EL ESCUADRÓN:

EL GERENTE:
Gerardo "Tata" Martino is the man tasked with coaching the Mexican National Team. Mexican law states that you are legally not allowed to represent Mexico in any way if you are Argentinean, Brasilian, or American, so for the purposes of this World Cup he has been made un mexicano honorario. As a side note, if he fails to secure a win for us, he will be banished from the country.

So go, crack open a beer (MODELO), recline that armchair (LA SIESTA), and turn on that TV (TELEMUNDO) - THIS YEAR IS OUR YEAR BROS. VIVA MEXICO!!
Legal Notice: Mexican diaspora reserve the right to host insane celebrations in the US states of New York, Illinois, California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas should Mexico finally win. The Mexican Government is not responsible for any annoyance or damages caused by the celebrations. Maybe youse would understand if youse guys were good at anything other than that fake 'Football' youse guys play. Joder a los Americanos, viva Mexico

B.F. Pinkerton fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
you forgot mexicos best world cup moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0fRh7NFOUU

deetron69
Jan 18, 2005
Raul hasnt been the same since he got his skull cracked last year, maybe he's been phoning it in in anticipation of this

Also surprised they didnt truck out rafa marquez for one last lap

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Strong contenders for best kit of the tournament imo

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

webmeister posted:

Strong contenders for best kit of the tournament imo

Pretty much perennial winners imo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It wouldn't surprise me if Mexico don't get out of that group but they were always going to lose in the Round of 16 anyway if they did.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Sweden send their regards

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

deetron69 posted:

Raul hasnt been the same since he got his skull cracked last year, maybe he's been phoning it in in anticipation of this

Rafa Marquez is too busy laundering money for the Sinaloa Cartel to play in a World Cup

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
El Ano indeed

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I recommend stocking up on beer, mezcal, or tequila and drinking heavily as Mexico gets loving destroyed because their back line is bad and Memo Ochoa's reaction times are equal to that of a tortoise.

Here's a Mezcal Paloma recipe:

Ingredients

2 oz. mezcal
3/4 oz. triple sec
3 oz. grapefruit juice freshly squeezed
1 oz. lime juice freshly squeezed
Club soda
Ice
Grapefruit wedges

Instructions

Add ice to the cocktail shaker.
Pour in the mezcal, triple sec, grapefruit juice, and lime juice.
Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
Add ice to a highball or tumbler cocktail glass. Strain the cocktail into the glass.
Add a splash of club soda on top. Add grapefruit wedge for garnish

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Everyone knows that the traditional Mexican drink of The Ray Parlour is the Brandy Alexander.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Actually it was sweatpants goalie dad 2? world cups ago

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

deetron69 posted:

Jimenez is a fraud and I've never rated him

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Its wild that there is not a single good player in that entire roster, like there have been some dudes on the national team that were absolutely trash, I mean hell German Villa went to a world cup, but this has to be from top to bottom the least talented Mexico team in my lifetime, these loving losers might drop points to Saudi Arabia

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Ah huevo.

https://twitter.com/ricardocarino/status/1593507953918808065?s=46&t=36LAWTBv-6FkFCr2T1g6IA

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Mexican fans will feel right at home in Qatar chanting homophobic chants I reckon

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

stab posted:

Mexican fans will feel right at home in Qatar chanting homophobic chants I reckon

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....ULO!

E: I was born in the US, but I remember watching La Seleccion with my dad. Watching Luis Hernandez, Cuaohtemoc, Jorge Campos. Futbol Mexicano de los 90s era chido, pero esta seleccion le falta algo, yo no se.

Nos vamos a perder el quinto partido

Okuteru fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 19, 2022

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Forceholy posted:

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....ULO!

E: I was born in the US, but I remember watching La Seleccion with my dad. Watching Luis Hernandez, Cuaohtemoc, Jorge Campos. Futbol Mexicano de los 90s era chido, pero esta seleccion le falta algo, yo no se.

Nos vamos a perder el quinto partido

tssss facts!

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
https://twitter.com/masiglory/status/1595113132426338304?s=46&t=M8sHGyD_jQvpIcbJ2Ozycw

deetron69
Jan 18, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKws7N8vTrM

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Pues, ahí se queda.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Canada is gone, the US is hinging on a victory with no strikers against a stout Iran defense.

¿Pero sabes que? A lo menos metieron goles.

Uno cade uno, pero todavía.

¿Y nosotros que?

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
https://twitter.com/negritotuitero/status/1596665408802766850?s=46&t=oFXpNt2daMFHuvx2KuTzxQ

:smith:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mexican't

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
ah jeez, sorry to my Mexican brethren

lol

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
At least we scored.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

And to think the Mexican FMF did things like suspend promotion/relegation between the top two divisions to favor all the premier clubs there so they could be stronger and yet still achieved this crap-rear end result.

Good job administrators!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1598223678520852486?t=-SDxKS5AQTm13qbeM0RHfg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Mexigoing home.