Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

A group of 4 college kids gets murdered in Idaho and no one has any leads? Seems pretty suspect and likely related to the plot of the hit 1997 film.

Anyway lol have your friends murdered in your apartment but you're too drunk or something to wake up and find them dead

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/us/university-of-idaho-killings-thursday/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Sorry OP but unless guns killed them this doesn't even get any consideration for entering the news in any capacity

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

EorayMel posted:

Sorry OP but unless guns killed them this doesn't even get any consideration for entering the news in any capacity

Whites! Girls! White girls!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
the whole thing is real sad but uhh

"a senior majoring in general studies"

lmao

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Nooner posted:

lmao

it's actually the studies of generals, like Hannibal, General Tso and uh Patton

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

George H.W. oval office posted:

A group of 4 college kids gets murdered in Idaho and no one has any leads? Seems pretty suspect and likely related to the plot of the hit 1997 film.

Anyway lol have your friends murdered in your apartment but you're too drunk or something to wake up and find them dead

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/us/university-of-idaho-killings-thursday/index.html

Two roommates were home holy poo poo. Who are they murdered by, loving Ellie circling around the kitchen island?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

lmao

Another one was a Marketing major so yeah I have real conflicting feelings here

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
no one gets out of idaho alive

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:rip:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

It wasn't me, that's for sure.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

flubber nuts posted:

It wasn't me, that's for sure.

My "Not involved in any mass murders" post has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my post.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

No bullshit: this is hosed up!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

They found the dude who did it by genealogy stuff. Lol owned

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Kohberger, who authorities say lived just minutes from the scene of the killings, is a PhD student in Washington State University’s Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology, the school confirmed.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

stephenthinkpad posted:

Kohberger, who authorities say lived just minutes from the scene of the killings, is a PhD student in Washington State University’s Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology, the school confirmed.

Must not be a very good school if he got caught.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Wifi Toilet posted:

:zpatriot:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Wifi Toilet posted:

All Cops Are Buffoons

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007
My family has had a vacation house in the community where he & his parents live, since 1995. It is a boring little private community in the Poconos with a large portion of houses used as vacation homes and do not have full time residents.

My mother would routinely leave the doors unlocked and windows open when she stays at the vacation house. Luckily she has dogs, but still that is not safe. When she found out about the (potential) killer living in the community the color in her face instantly drained.

He also apparently went to my wife's high school and worked there as security after he graduated. My wife graduated years before him though so she would never have had any interaction with him, however she has friends who work at the school who knew him/ of him.

It is crazy how one day the world is impossibly huge but then can become so small instantly.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
If this guy is in the law enforcement school, the thread title should be Dexter: Idaho Edition

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

stephenthinkpad posted:

If you watch a lot of True Crime you quickly notice that half of all serial killers are in law enforcement or retired police officers themselves.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

exquisite tea posted:

If you watch a lot of True Crime you quickly notice that half of all serial killers are in law enforcement or retired police officers themselves.
Or tried to be police but failed.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Seems like some sort of pattern here. :magemage:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

more like Caughtberger amrite?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Smugworth posted:

All Cops Are Buffoons

:siren: says the self-proclaimed cop :siren:

Wild story involving knives. No leads, yet they claimed it was a targeted attack. How exactly are you going to know that if you have no idea who did it or why? I remember my dad telling me they thought it was a lovers' quarrel when the story first broke. Cops and/or media just making poo poo up for kicks.

Fun fact, I lived in Idaho for a while and I worked with someone who was murdered with an axe.

Another fun fact, in the early 1900's Moscow expelled the towns' small Chinese community. A spectacular Northern entry in establishing a "Sundown town". Now, it leans liberal.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
I'm genuinely curious to see what they actually have on the guy. So far they said he lived near where the killings occurred, so it's not bizarre that his car was seen nearby, and DNA evidence without context doesn't mean much. Right now it seems like everyone is playing up the "that guy was always weird" crap because he came into work with stubble or was doing research projects on crime despite that being normal for a student in his profession. I fundamentally don't trust cops and they've literally released nothing on why they think this is the guy.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I'm genuinely curious to see what they actually have on the guy. So far they said he lived near where the killings occurred, so it's not bizarre that his car was seen nearby, and DNA evidence without context doesn't mean much. Right now it seems like everyone is playing up the "that guy was always weird" crap because he came into work with stubble or was doing research projects on crime despite that being normal for a student in his profession. I fundamentally don't trust cops and they've literally released nothing on why they think this is the guy.
Absolutely agree. This whole thing sounds like conjecture. I even saw an article that noted how the police chief "regretted not being transparent earlier" and all I can think is "earlier?". What is the motive, connection, anything?

I bet a cop did it. Just came to investigate a party or something and lost his poo poo and killed everyone and then the rest of the police covered it up for him and have been fumbling around for a patsy ever since. That bullshit I just made up is more believable than anything any cop has said about these murders.

I loving hate Idaho. It's one of the most beautiful states in the country ran by the shittiest people imaginable and full of the dumbest white supremacists assholes that have ever existed.

Jelly fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 3, 2023

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

did the victims have a butler? i think the police should check on the butler.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Does the suspect have a prior arrest history? If not how do the cops have his DNA record anyway?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

stephenthinkpad posted:

Does the suspect have a prior arrest history? If not how do the cops have his DNA record anyway?

"public genealogy databases"

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

quote:

Police have said they cannot reveal any information, including a motive or further details about how they tracked down Kohberger, until he is back in Idaho.

Many details of the case remain a mystery including a potential motive for the murders or how Kohberger knew the victims.

Why? He is in custody you loving idiots.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/idaho-murders-suspect-identified-dna-genealogy-databases-police/story?id=96088596

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

He and his dad got pulled over for tailgating? Do people actually get pulled over for this? Nothing from this case sound normal.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

stephenthinkpad posted:

He and his dad got pulled over for tailgating? Do people actually get pulled over for this? Nothing from this case sound normal.

Absolutely not. Being pulled over for tailgating isn't a thing. At least not for white people.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

I mean, ideally they want to interview him and see if he produces any contradictions before they reveal what they know, but the dude is a criminology PhD student who obviously already lawyered up and knows not to talk to the police, so :shrug:.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
They already passed the case to the prosecutor? So there won't be any chit chat with the suspect without the presence of the lawyer.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

stephenthinkpad posted:

If this guy is in the law enforcement school, the thread title should be Dexter: Idaho Edition

People think criminology is either criminal psychology or this but mostly it's a subdiscipline of sociology (almost exclusively this at the PhD level) and it's more say, why do Republicans arrest more minorities disproportionately as immigration increases in their communities or why is Chicago more violent, and hardly ever what did this serial killer feel like. Although this guy was into emotions and crime and qualitative research apparently...which it's always the qualitative ones....

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

So they released the affidavit and it looks like they do have some pretty good evidence that this dude did it. But the most incriminating thing by far is that he applied to be a cop intern a couple months ago.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
I hope he murdered a bunch of young attractive white women just to see if he could get away with murdering a bunch of young attractive white women, but entirely for the Guinness World Record entry when he manages to pull it off.

motive established afaic

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The affidavit is some genuine nightmare fuel. One of the surviving coeds heard one of the murdered girls say "There's someone here." She later stuck her head out of her room and the dude walked right by her.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wnYNTyE4IA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Well they said the cops nailed him thru DNA, phone history with networks and videos

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/01/05/us/idaho-murders-kohberger-news

I think the most damning evidence is that surveillance video recorded his car circled the neighborhood 4 times. The cops spent all this time probably just trying to secretly obtain his DNA (probably through that tailgating stop).

I think this is the guy. And he probably did it before.