Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Kohberger, who authorities say lived just minutes from the scene of the killings, is a PhD student in Washington State University’s Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology, the school confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
If this guy is in the law enforcement school, the thread title should be Dexter: Idaho Edition

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Does the suspect have a prior arrest history? If not how do the cops have his DNA record anyway?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

He and his dad got pulled over for tailgating? Do people actually get pulled over for this? Nothing from this case sound normal.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
They already passed the case to the prosecutor? So there won't be any chit chat with the suspect without the presence of the lawyer.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Well they said the cops nailed him thru DNA, phone history with networks and videos

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/01/05/us/idaho-murders-kohberger-news

I think the most damning evidence is that surveillance video recorded his car circled the neighborhood 4 times. The cops spent all this time probably just trying to secretly obtain his DNA (probably through that tailgating stop).

I think this is the guy. And he probably did it before.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I think the zeitgeist of serial murders has been moving to the mass murdering in recent year is because how cheap it is put a camera outside of your house 247.

This is especially the case in place like China where the detectives can freely use cellphone base station data to fine comb the movement of the individual cellphones during the time of murder, and also there is no anonymous prepaid sims. Also rise of DNA analysis can nail down individuals much more precise than blood types.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I still think you don't randomly find a house and kill 3-4 people, you probably have done it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Mulaney Power Move posted:

One thing I missed: apparently he had his cell phone on him so the investigators were able to track that he was in that area at that time. He is not a smooth criminal.

Why would you have your cell phone on you lol no wonder he was getting kicked out of grad school

Is "tracking cellphone tower history fingerprint" allowed in every state? I have heard about it being done in Chinese detective cases; I didn't know it's common in America.