Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Smugworth posted:

All Cops Are Buffoons

:siren: says the self-proclaimed cop :siren:

Wild story involving knives. No leads, yet they claimed it was a targeted attack. How exactly are you going to know that if you have no idea who did it or why? I remember my dad telling me they thought it was a lovers' quarrel when the story first broke. Cops and/or media just making poo poo up for kicks.

Fun fact, I lived in Idaho for a while and I worked with someone who was murdered with an axe.

Another fun fact, in the early 1900's Moscow expelled the towns' small Chinese community. A spectacular Northern entry in establishing a "Sundown town". Now, it leans liberal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I'm genuinely curious to see what they actually have on the guy. So far they said he lived near where the killings occurred, so it's not bizarre that his car was seen nearby, and DNA evidence without context doesn't mean much. Right now it seems like everyone is playing up the "that guy was always weird" crap because he came into work with stubble or was doing research projects on crime despite that being normal for a student in his profession. I fundamentally don't trust cops and they've literally released nothing on why they think this is the guy.
Absolutely agree. This whole thing sounds like conjecture. I even saw an article that noted how the police chief "regretted not being transparent earlier" and all I can think is "earlier?". What is the motive, connection, anything?

I bet a cop did it. Just came to investigate a party or something and lost his poo poo and killed everyone and then the rest of the police covered it up for him and have been fumbling around for a patsy ever since. That bullshit I just made up is more believable than anything any cop has said about these murders.

I loving hate Idaho. It's one of the most beautiful states in the country ran by the shittiest people imaginable and full of the dumbest white supremacists assholes that have ever existed.

Jelly fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 3, 2023

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

stephenthinkpad posted:

Does the suspect have a prior arrest history? If not how do the cops have his DNA record anyway?

"public genealogy databases"

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

quote:

Police have said they cannot reveal any information, including a motive or further details about how they tracked down Kohberger, until he is back in Idaho.

Many details of the case remain a mystery including a potential motive for the murders or how Kohberger knew the victims.

Why? He is in custody you loving idiots.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/idaho-murders-suspect-identified-dna-genealogy-databases-police/story?id=96088596

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

stephenthinkpad posted:

He and his dad got pulled over for tailgating? Do people actually get pulled over for this? Nothing from this case sound normal.

Absolutely not. Being pulled over for tailgating isn't a thing. At least not for white people.