Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Gotta say, Project Voltage has been a very succesful endavor, given that I have been listening to Hatsune Miku and other Vocaloids for the past 4 months :v:

(Party Rock Eternity is the best one)

EDIT: OH COME ON WHY IS THIS A SNIPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

My faves are

What Kind of Future
I GOT YOU
Battle! Hatsune Miku
I'm A Ghost-type
PARTY ROCK ETERNITY
Glorious Day

Honorable mentions to Electricity Forecast, The Pokemon Inside My Heart, GO! Team BIDOOF. Awoo and Psychic Psychic

The sheer variety of styles makes for a fun playlist

Voltage wasn't even the first time Miku's partnered with Pokemon; back in 2020 the Sapporo Snow Festival used Snow Miku with Vulpix

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kikas posted:

Gotta say, Project Voltage has been a very succesful endavor, given that I have been listening to Hatsune Miku and other Vocaloids for the past 4 months :v:

(Party Rock Eternity is the best one)

EDIT: OH COME ON WHY IS THIS A SNIPE

Editing that in is very cringe

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Wanted to know how you yall use and organize your boxes? I use to do by types when I was a kid but then started doing by evs/ivs of pokemon I wanted level up later.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Types, but also boxes for that gen's pokemon since I don't use old Pokemon until post e4

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Ulio posted:

Wanted to know how you yall use and organize your boxes? I use to do by types when I was a kid but then started doing by evs/ivs of pokemon I wanted level up later.
Violet:
EV Trained
Untrained good pokemon
7 Star Raids (largely given up on following these but whatever)
Marxists 1 & 2(I'm trying to get one of every mark, or at least I was, might pick this up again eventually)
Shinies
Then a few boxes of random poo poo in more or less Pokedex order

Home
Living Dex (a little more than 40 boxes)
Shinies (3 boxes)
Spare Rare (5 or so boxes)
Oops, All Scythers! - A Scyther in every kind of Pokeball except the Arceus ones
Legacy (5 or so boxes) Pokemon I used in old games that I wanted to save, though of course I don't remember why most of them are saved at this point. I do have at least one from what I think is my first Platinum play through, which would be my oldest mon, since I foolishly only played gen 3 on emulator and now pretty soon it'll be impossible to get a genuine gen 3 Pokemon up into your collection.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I primarily sort by type, and within each type I sort by mons I’ve EV trained, mons I went through a prior game with, shinies, raid event Pokémon, and everything else sorted by generation.

But I recently pulled all my ev trained mons into their own separate boxes since I have so many of them. I’ve also been taking old mons I went through prior games with and ev training them, and giving them mints and bottle caps. Keeping them all together just makes it easier to find good Pokémon to use in a raid rather than scrolling through every single box. Now I just have 4 boxes to look through.

I also usually have boxes for hatchlings and wonder trade fodder and one for mons I have yet to train.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
when I was wake and bake, I would spend whole 10 to 12 hour shifts meticulously organizing, but now after years of painful sobriety and responsibility, it's a total disaster.

at this point, I just stuff em in there and hope for the best. good luck in there, Pokébuddies!

:911:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

in ScVi I only have a handful of organized boxes: Parties, To Home/Dittos, Raid Guys (which is for guys I beat in high-level Tera raids since the guys I use go in Parties), Maybe ‘Mons (guys I might use in VGC), VGC (guys I do), and Buddy Trades (Pokémon with NPC partner marks from the Blueberry Academy).

everything else is just scattered around randomly. if I need it I’ll search for it!

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Diet Poison posted:

I do have at least one from what I think is my first Platinum play through, which would be my oldest mon, since I foolishly only played gen 3 on emulator and now pretty soon it'll be impossible to get a genuine gen 3 Pokemon up into your collection.
If you have the save, there are ways to inject or import those Pokemon into a retail cartridge.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Pretzel Rod Serling posted:

in ScVi I only have a handful of organized boxes: Parties, To Home/Dittos, Raid Guys (which is for guys I beat in high-level Tera raids since the guys I use go in Parties), Maybe ‘Mons (guys I might use in VGC), VGC (guys I do), and Buddy Trades (Pokémon with NPC partner marks from the Blueberry Academy).

everything else is just scattered around randomly. if I need it I’ll search for it!

I am thinking of doing parties but isn't there a system for parties in Scarlet?

wizard2 posted:

when I was wake and bake, I would spend whole 10 to 12 hour shifts meticulously organizing, but now after years of painful sobriety and responsibility, it's a total disaster.

at this point, I just stuff em in there and hope for the best. good luck in there, Pokébuddies!

:911:

Ya since Lets go this has become hard for me as well because I use to be the type who only caught what they wanted to train and didn't know EVs/IVs/natures. But with catching granting exp, I just catch everything so thats why I asked the question since I have struggled to organize my box.
At the end of each play session I am just organizing my box for 30-40min.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Ulio posted:

I am thinking of doing parties but isn't there a system for parties in Scarlet?

There honestly might be but without checking at home I only know about Battle Teams

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Ulio posted:

Depends on the game but I usually reserve the last box in the PC for my team of Pokemon I regularly use

For Home I've got a living competitive dex that's generally ordered by generation but includes all the members of a family, like say, Meowth, Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth, then Persian, Alolan Persian and Perrserker all next to each other. Right now I've also got shiny boxes at the end of a generation that have Pokemon of that generation in them. I've also got a Hisui Alpha Pokemon Dex that includes most of every Alpha Pokemon that can be caught in Legends. I'm still missing a few of those like Cyndaquil and the fossil Pokemon.

I've also got some boxes for Pokemon from Pokemon Go, a Ditto Box, a Pikachu Box and an Unown box.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
What I wouldn’t give for the ability to access Pokémon Home from a computer. Imagine being able to easily move, categorise and find your Pokémon.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

At this point in SV I've got two boxes for Tera raid guys, one for support and the other for offense, with various type coverage. The rest of my guys are in a bunch of boxes on Home called "Veterans" because there's nothing to do with them in SV, but in SWSH they were organized by type.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I use the last box for pokemon I either actually have an interest in raising or that are event pokemon that will probably end up transferred to Home at some point.
And then I don't organize the rest because odds are anything else is just something I caught for the pokedex and will ship it off in Mystery Trade if I ever interact with it again at all.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Home...

4 "working" boxes for mons I need to make decisions about/move to the right box
19 CHS
18 CHT
18 FRE
16 GER
18 ITA
27 JPN
17 KOR
12 SPA
18 Shiny
1 box containing "oddball" mons in like Pikachu in a hat, non-legendary event mons etc.
8 boxes containing legendary and mythical mons (English - foreign language mons are in the boxes for the appopriate language)
1 box containing Vivillon and Minior forms
1 box containing all 28 Unown
A couple of boxes of spare Vivillon/Furfrou/Alcremie forms/Galar fossils
2 boxes of Gigantamax factor mons (I had more of these but thinned them down and wonder traded most away)
4 boxes of item/trade evolution mons for trade fodder
3 boxes breeding stock/breeding rejects from past games
8 boxes of miscellaneous mons with no particular distinguishing features
3 empty boxes

Scarlet...

1 "working" box with recent catches and raid mons
1 box with mons that are special in some way but that I don't use, like legendaries, in-game trades, blood moon Ursaluna and so on
1 box with mons that are more or less rare
1 box of potential breeding stock if I did decide to breed anything (I don't bother with breeding in SV)
5 boxes of foreigners I haven't moved to Home yet
3 boxes of shinies I haven't moved to Home yet
1 box of Blueberry League Common Room NPC trades
3 boxes containing dittos with various combinations of high IVs from that event they did (need to slim these down and wonder trade some away)
1 box of raid trophies
12 boxes of high-level Tera Raid mons
2 boxes of "miscellaneous" mons, mostly starters/their evolutions/rare or version-exclusive
1 box of paradox mons

I need another 100 boxes in Home please, Game Freak

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Pokemon Bank is still up as of an hour or so ago when I sent some Skarmory I chained in Platinum up to Home.

By the way, I have a shiny 5 IV Farigiraf and a shiny Vibrava to trade away. They were both from raids I wasn't the host of. I am getting rid of them because upon consideration, I decided it is likely the raid host manipulated the device's clock to get them to appear, and I have decided that it incompatible with my policy. Post if you want one of these. You don't have to give me anything good for them but I would like foreign mons (particularly CHT or ITA or KOR) if you have them.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I highly doubt they're going to just randomly pull the plug with no prior warning. When Bank does shut down, you'll hear about it ahead of time.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Bank will remain up until we hear otherwise, so no surprise there.

I don’t know if I have anything you’d want but RNG’d is perfectly legal in VGC and I could use Farig maybe…? (I already have one trained up though, so let’s make sure no one else wants it first!)

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Yeah I'll eat my Pikachu's hat if they give us less than two months warning before Bank shuts down.

GTS musings: Why does everyone specifically want a Japanese Calyrex all of a sudden?

Also I decided to get one of every Alcremie. I love that you can filter by icing because damned if I can tell the difference between half of them without really scrutinizing, but I wish you could filter by sweet because I exhausted most of my resources into the Cram-o-matic and I'm still short by like 6 love sweets and 3 star sweets.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Everyone wants Caly because everyone thinks shadow rider is gonna be busted in the next VGC regulation.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Shadow Rider's basically Flutter Mane on steroids, which is saying something since Flutter Mane is also a beast.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Diet Poison posted:

Yeah I'll eat my Pikachu's hat if they give us less than two months warning before Bank shuts down.

GTS musings: Why does everyone specifically want a Japanese Calyrex all of a sudden?

Also I decided to get one of every Alcremie. I love that you can filter by icing because damned if I can tell the difference between half of them without really scrutinizing, but I wish you could filter by sweet because I exhausted most of my resources into the Cram-o-matic and I'm still short by like 6 love sweets and 3 star sweets.

Pretty sure I’ve have a dozen of every sweet that I’m never going to use if you want them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

AlternateNu posted:

Pretty sure I’ve have a dozen of every sweet that I’m never going to use if you want them.

Thanks, but mission already accomplished. A side effect of not being able to specify sweets on the GTS meant I was able to find a bunch of love sweet Alcremies and trade them for strawberry sweet ones, terrible deal for the recipient but I am not sorry, and then I just ate through my dynite and armorite ores until I got enough star sweets.

Next up, I guess I'm going to tackle getting all the Furfrous. All it takes is periodic re-checking of the GTS and every so often somebody wants to exchange one for a Zygarde or Zekrom, of which I have heaps. Real loving annoying that they decided you're not allowed to trade "Mythicals" on the GTS though. Oh well, they'll probably have a Pecharunt distribution in five to ten years...