Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

For what it's worth Sword shield's combat has slow as molasses "Pikachu attacked!" *Show attack* "It's super effective!" *health bar drops* in separate steps, whereas what I've seen of ScarletViolet that stuff seems to happen much more quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

too good for this timeline. may the mew truck hit me and mandela me into a better world

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Evil Fluffy posted:

Hope the day 1 patch addresses some of the performance issues being shared online.

Unless those are people playing on emulators and not saying so, which wouldn't be the first time it happened but it's not like Pokemon games are exercises in optimization that squeeze every drop out of the system. They're not Monolith Soft after all.
sometimes I look at the bullshit monolith soft pulled off in xenoblade (all three of 'em) and i just have to stop and stare because what the gently caress. even with the funny loading tricks they used in xb2 where stuff would occasionally be big blobs before the textures actually loaded in, it still looks stupidly loving good.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

oddium posted:

too good for this timeline. may the mew truck hit me and mandela me into a better world

What we did get for this concept was pretty good though.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Did any of the leaks show the movesets for the starters?

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I'm pretty excited! Gotta work til 5 or so tomorrow so hopefully my copy has been delivered by then.

Looking forward to building a very cute team.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

For people who have played, roughly how long does it take to get to the point where you can trade?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Excited for this one

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Having fun so far with Scarlet but boy am I getting graphical and lighting glitches just popping off constantly, hope there's a patch to fix it soon or something.

For actual content I'm loving the wide variety of pokemon that's catchable before you even get to school, feels kinda crazy to me.

AngryRobotsInc posted:

For people who have played, roughly how long does it take to get to the point where you can trade?

Uhh basically at the start of the game, like one battle then u can book it to the poke centre to trade.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

Did any of the leaks show the movesets for the starters?
Yeah. Serebii's actually got the whole Paldean dex up now, too, though (since it's technically been released at least somewhere in the world). Here's some quick links for the starters, if you're okay with seeing their evos and such.
Sprigatito
Fuecoco
Quaxly

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Oh I guess spoilers are off? That's a bummer, didn't want to see any more mons spoiled but at least they're not that consequential to me.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Uhh basically at the start of the game, like one battle then u can book it to the poke centre to trade.

Cool, thanks. I asked because for....several generations now, my partner and I have had a system where I trade him the two other starters, before starting my own game for real, and then in turn he trades me hatched ones down the line for the two I didn't choose. It's not been as necessary for....a while, what with the GTS and all, but we have just kept on keeping on with it.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

One day I'll update the actual trading thread (Or make a new one) but until then, babes, new version of my legacy transfer chart is up:

Pokemon Trade Thread: All Dogs go to Home.

Aristide fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 18, 2022

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.

Vandar posted:

For a great number of reasons I would prefer to have physical.

Broken record as this point but you can get it at GameStop at 11 pm tonight so you aren't stuck waiting on your wife's car all day tomorrow. Not sure if it's too late to preorder or what though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Aristide posted:

One day I'll update the actual trading thread (Or make a new one) but until then, babes, new version of my legacy transfer chart is up:

I would add "original game boy cartridge" or something below gen 1/2 (to mirror the "virtual console re-release" text below the gen 1/2 rereleases)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

oddium posted:

You'll get your moment one day Cherubi. :(

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Aristide posted:

Pokemon Trade Thread: All Dogs go to Home.

Not sure if this counts, but it's actually really easy to use pokemon save editing to rescue pokes from Gen 1 and 2 and toss them on a Bank-compatible game to get them into Home. PKHeX is remarkably robust and even tests it for legality in case you're nervous about getting banned

It's absolutely a brain worms thing, but I felt genuine joy being able to get my pals from my 2005 Pokemon Blue and Silver run into Home.

Obviously the caveat is that you need access to the save files, eg. from emulators or homebrew, but I imagine that's most people these days

e: wait, I'm wrong, I'm thinking of the remake versions of Gen 1/2. Sorry!

WarpDogs fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 18, 2022

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I know this is predominantly an american forum, but did anyone else here get the EU/AUS/NZ versions and choose someone other than weed cat?

I got myself a ditto and have secured some weed cat eggs i'm up for trading for access to fabulous duck and fire croc.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I would add "original game boy cartridge" or something below gen 1/2 (to mirror the "virtual console re-release" text below the gen 1/2 rereleases)

Done and done!

WarpDogs posted:

e: wait, I'm wrong, I'm thinking of the remake versions of Gen 1/2. Sorry!

Yeah, just updated the chart to specify that it's strictly the cart versions of Gen I & II that can't transfer up.

Thank you guys for the feedback!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Played through Scarlet with Weed Cat

Now for Violet with the Jojo Duck

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Crawfish posted:

I know this is predominantly an american forum, but did anyone else here get the EU/AUS/NZ versions and choose someone other than weed cat?

I got myself a ditto and have secured some weed cat eggs i'm up for trading for access to fabulous duck and fire croc.

Would love a weed cat egg but I've already made a deal to exchange a cassoulet recipe for one and I don't want to renege on that. Honestly though I have no where near access at the moment to make you some top tier quaxly eggs. I need to transfer my breeding stable to start making proper battle beasts.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Browsing through Serebii’s dex and man, it sure is cool that they made an electric/fighting Pokémon…and it’s options are Thunder Punch, Wild Charge and the new exclusive signature Electric-type Burn Out. Is especially weird because also just browsing they added stuff like Ground Close Combat and Water Double Edge.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah but it also gets another new move that revives a fainted Pokemon so like can we really complain about this little guy?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
They also created the most insane move ever this gen

Population Bomb, 30 base power Multi-Hit move that hits between 1-10 times. And there's a held item that skews it to the upper end. And the Pokemon who gets it has Technician and a version of Dragon Dance that clears entry hazards.

I did some calculations on it and if you high-roll you can just delete literally anything that doesn't have an immunity or 4x resist.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zore posted:

Population Bomb, 30 base power Multi-Hit move that hits between 1-10 times. And there's a held item that skews it to the upper end. And the Pokemon who gets it has Technician and a version of Dragon Dance that clears entry hazards.

I did some calculations on it and if you high-roll you can just delete literally anything that doesn't have an immunity or 4x resist.

Guess it mitigates them low stats with sheer skill alone.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zore posted:

I think that move works like Triple Axel, not Rock Blast, in that it just attacks until it misses (or caps out). So Wide Lens would be the item you'd want, not Loaded Dice

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I saw a clip of the map just not loading and popping in and out during attacks and someone going 'the game is like this all the time'

Is it really a unplayable nightmare or did one person run into a bug and blow it out of the water. First pokemon game I've been interested in awhile and making me nervous

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

apparently while overworld shinies are a thing, they got rid of the very very useful "hey there's a shiny here!!" sound effect that made PLA so good for fun sparkledog farming

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I saw a clip of the map just not loading and popping in and out during attacks and someone going 'the game is like this all the time'

Is it really a unplayable nightmare or did one person run into a bug and blow it out of the water. First pokemon game I've been interested in awhile and making me nervous

The vibe i'm getting is that it's mostly fine for the average user just a lot of slowdowns and minor graphical glitches, but as a true open world game there's a ton of variables so some folk will end up having dogshit experience.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Last Celebration posted:

Is especially weird because also just browsing they added stuff like Ground Close Combat and Water Double Edge.

I thought those moves were introduced in Legends Arceus.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Blaziken386 posted:

apparently while overworld shinies are a thing, they got rid of the very very useful "hey there's a shiny here!!" sound effect that made PLA so good for fun sparkledog farming

poo poo that sound effect was like crack to me

Flopsy posted:

Would love a weed cat egg

also go for it if you want no worries

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lux Animus posted:

poo poo that sound effect was like crack to me

also go for it if you want no worries

Nah dude, you're getting that recipe. On that note I just found out the loving lunatics made it possible to put noodles and rice on your loving sandwiches. Guess I should've seen something like this coming what with the curries but reading that was like a punch in the face.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

reminds me of a game with euro jank in which it's definitely like this all the time and the question will be whether you notice or care or get used to it

but every single review talks about it, so, safe to say it's not a "one person ran into a bug" thig

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Flopsy posted:

Nah dude, you're getting that recipe. On that note I just found out the loving lunatics made it possible to put noodles and rice on your loving sandwiches. Guess I should've seen something like this coming what with the curries but reading that was like a punch in the face.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Would love a weed cat egg but I've already made a deal to exchange a cassoulet recipe for one and I don't want to renege on that. Honestly though I have no where near access at the moment to make you some top tier quaxly eggs. I need to transfer my breeding stable to start making proper battle beasts.
Ah, no, I just meant that i'm looking to borrow peoples starters so I can make my own eggs of them and then return said starters to people.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I did not see anything as bad as those tweets in my time with the game, but I did see some wacky poo poo. Clipped through a shop door once!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Crawfish posted:

Ah, no, I just meant that i'm looking to borrow peoples starters so I can make my own eggs of them and then return said starters to people.
could people not just send eggs? when it hatches it gets your OT

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
have fun

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yeah but it also gets another new move that revives a fainted Pokemon so like can we really complain about this little guy?

I’m glad for my adorable new pal’s status as Certified Uber but it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if they just made a physical electric-type Thunderbolt, is all I’m saying. Especially since my other weirdo juggernaut yeti electric pal doesn’t get a super OP looking competitive move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

Blockhouse posted:

Clipped through a shop door once!

Haha, yeah, I just had this happen where I tried to go into Nemona's house after meeting her and my character phased clear through the door before popping back out to do the door opening animation properly and went inside