Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

My wife called violet so I'm stuck with the stupid scarlet wheelguy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Blaziken386 posted:

sometimes I look at the bullshit monolith soft pulled off in xenoblade (all three of 'em)

All four of them you mean :eng101:

...I mean sure, XCX is an unfinished mess but the freedom of movement and exploration in that game is top tier for the series.

Aristide posted:

One day I'll update the actual trading thread (Or make a new one) but until then, babes, new version of my legacy transfer chart is up:

Pokemon Trade Thread: All Dogs go to Home.

So most/everything from SwSh can go into SV via Home right? If so I might have to use it, briefly, to grab stuff like my perfect IV german Ditto I got from farming raids and swapping mons with foreign goons long ago.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Evil Fluffy posted:

...I mean sure, XCX is an unfinished mess but the freedom of movement and exploration in that game is top tier for the series.

So most/everything from SwSh can go into SV via Home right? If so I might have to use it, briefly, to grab stuff like my perfect IV german Ditto I got from farming raids and swapping mons with foreign goons long ago.
XCX is also, notably, not on the switch! :eng101:
also from what I heard it runs terribly unless you specifically download the entire game onto the wii u's HDD

also you can't put stuff into SV yet, they don't add home support for new games until a couple months down the line.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Evil Fluffy posted:

Begone.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I cannot describe how much I hate the player character

Also when I chose the cat the lighting and textures all unloaded for a minute so that was funny

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Crawfish posted:

Ah, no, I just meant that i'm looking to borrow peoples starters so I can make my own eggs of them and then return said starters to people.

Ah, well...sorry I'm going to be bit behind the curve as it is unfortunately. Good luck though!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

oddium posted:

too good for this timeline. may the mew truck hit me and mandela me into a better world

gently caress I forgot about pineapple oddish and it's fake? :negative:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The clip function only caught the last frame of this so I had to up the brightness but lmaooo

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Scholtz posted:

The clip function only caught the last frame of this so I had to up the brightness but lmaooo

lmao this gen rules

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Scholtz posted:

lol

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Scholtz posted:

this is actually a traditional Spanish salute, the Pose de Christo

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Scholtz posted:

T-pose for dominance

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I know it's hard to see, but it says "with open arms" right there!

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Scholtz posted:

I had this exact same thing happen but didn't clip fast enough

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Scholtz posted:

this rules

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
My girlfriend and I stood out in the cold for a little while to get ours at midnight. Was not expecting the line to be as long as it was.

I'm going to bed. I took the day off so I'll play tomorrow.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I want to play more Pokemon but it's two AM and I can't keep my eyes open :ohdear: Performance issues aside, this one's really fun so far!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

I know it's hard to see, but it says "with open arms" right there!

Least the subtitles match.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

My wife called violet so I'm stuck with the stupid scarlet wheelguy

:(:hf::(

I'm in the same 'get the dumb red lizard to make my dumb spouse happy with the purple one' boat.

As for graphical glitches, I'm normally not one to complain about that sort of thing. I figure I grew up on the Gameboy and NES, graphics don't matter as long as the game is fun! But man SV is really pushing it at times. I played for about an hour but the stutter whenever I turn the camera too fast (which is apparently all the time) actually gives me a headache. I can ignore the pop in and the jank-rear end shadows, but I've never got a headache from bad graphics before.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So if I'm looking at this correctly, Snorlax is unobtainable, like it can't even be transferred over through Pokemon Home?
gently caress that poo poo, if that's true then call me when they inevitably release a DLC that makes him available.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I knew SV were going to be unpolished and janky, but I'm surprised and dismayed at how severe their technical problems are. The pop-in, lagging, etc., hugely detracts from the experience, and I've never felt so unenthusiastic towards the beginning of a core Pokémon game. Past generations had their own irritating problems, but I'd always been able to dig in on launch day and have some real fun.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Immensely disappointed at the lack of clothing options in the game. Seeing the new options available was always a highlight of getting to a new city in the previous few gen games. Doesn't help that the default outfits are all mega ugly.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Is the game actually playable? Because reading about everyone's experience with it sounds like the thing barely functions. :(

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Oh god the low framerate animations from all the students in class. This game absolutely needed another year. Unbelievably bad performance.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Saagonsa posted:

Oh god the low framerate animations from all the students in class. This game absolutely needed another year. Unbelievably bad performance.

I just started laughing when that cutscene started, it was so absurd. Like holy poo poo Gamefreak, I’m going to buy your games regardless so my opinion means nothing, but this is just embarrassing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Flopsy posted:

Is the game actually playable? Because reading about everyone's experience with it sounds like the thing barely functions. :(

It’s definitely playable but performance is very bad and very prevalent.

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

Flopsy posted:

I seem to have avoided the worst of the problems people have had so far. I've played for a couple of hours or so and caught like thirty Pokemon and it's mostly just been a fair bit of slowdown and some really bad framerates on characters in the distance with the camera clipping into the ground once or twice while battling on a slope.

I haven't actually entered the school area yet or started the main quests or anything though so there's plenty of time for things to fall apart!

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

The first game I know of that runs better in an emulator than on original hardware at loving launch lol

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
It's potentially caused by a memory leak and rebooting the game once in a while might help some.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CentroPokemon/status/1593367316275908608

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's mildly amusing that the raids look great, go fast and are silky smooth (as opposed to the open world stuff)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's mildly amusing that the raids look great, go fast and are silky smooth (as opposed to the open world stuff)

and the music is a #1 jam

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Holy gently caress this game is a mess so far. You guys went to class? I threw a pokeball at a toxel right past the first pokecenter and wandered off into sector four when that teleported me across the ledge. My dropout is grabbing level 30 poo poo

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Why the gently caress am I stuck wearing the school uniform for the entire game, I can change all my accessories but the school outfit is all I'm legally allowed to wear apparently.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What level does Tarountula evolve at. If it’s not soon I’m gonna replace it with a cool dog

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Judge Tesla posted:

Why the gently caress am I stuck wearing the school uniform for the entire game, I can change all my accessories but the school outfit is all I'm legally allowed to wear apparently.

It's so bad. I just want skirts back, man.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Bogart posted:

What level does Tarountula evolve at. If it’s not soon I’m gonna replace it with a cool dog
Just 15, nothing fancy.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

Holy gently caress this game is a mess so far. You guys went to class? I threw a pokeball at a toxel right past the first pokecenter and wandered off into sector four when that teleported me across the ledge. My dropout is grabbing level 30 poo poo

I like the idea of this as a secret speedrun trick to get across big gaps or ledges you're not meant to cross. Would it ever be useful? Who knows

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

probably not, the level 30 stuff doesn't obey you even though you're the one that caught it.

e: seriously, this is making sword and shield look put together well. The camera keeps clipping through walls and poo poo.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

FoolyCharged posted:

the level 30 stuff doesn't obey you even though you're the one that caught it.

Their eggs would obey you, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think it's funny I'm likely to complain the most about this poo poo but I'm also the same kind of person to just be like 'lol, lmao' when tech problems happen as long as I'm enjoying myself. Curious if it'll break me.

Also why the hell is Route 1 littered with every dumb baby in the franchise my god pichu azurill, igglybuff etc they're all just here!! I can't raise friendship that fast!! Route 1 is literally the land of Little Guys!!