Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Excited for this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I haven't finished getting the badges and stuff but I did all the titan spots and Arvens story is my fav so far

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The fact that the 30, 40, and 50 year old NPCs are also students wearing the same uniform makes me think they just ran out of time

Man I like Pokémon and I liked sword and shield but this feels like it’s not even close to a beta

It's never too late to take up pokemon courses!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Similarly, I have only ever done the 'throw out your lead Pokemon at something to catch it off guard" thing by accident in SV - it's just plain faster to battle normally than to try to line up a good surprise attack, and lining up a surprise attack isn't fun or engaging enough to bother with on its own.

I do wish this mechanic was to catch without battling. Surprise attack is worthless lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The glide not working similar to Arceus's was a bummer and lol the drop off of your path if you glide for too long.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BAD rear end minion memes! posted:

My hot take is that there's nothing stopping you from getting into a battle and immediately throwing a ball anyway, so throwing a pokeball from the overworld should at least be an option (that kicks you into a battle if the pokemon breaks out).

Agreed!

Echophonic posted:

Oh lord, only the learner needs the herb? RIP 30k. Oh well, not like money's that hard to come by with my Tera Raid addiction.

What the gently caress, that takes like 20 seconds. That's insane and I love it.

I'm hoping the answer is no, does the herb get consumed when the move is learned?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Syenite posted:

I mean, it's an exploit in that people can just bring a level 1 Pokemon to kill the timer since there's an active incentive to lose as fast as possible to farm loss rewards.

From the video I saw you want to bring a lvl 100 pokemon because when it dies it removes a bigger chunk of the timer. Also you attack your teammates so everyone dies faster

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zore posted:

2 requirements. 1 Win the post-game Academy Ace tournament, 2 have beaten at least 10 4 or 5 Star raids

Is it beat or host(even solo host) 10 of them? I've heard both so I'm unsure

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

Is there any sort of reliable way to get EV reset berries, even if that method is "run around in this particular area picking up the glowing bits"? I can't for the life of me seem to find enough Kelpie (sp?) berries that knock down the Attack stat.

I really hope the dlc has some guy that wipes evs or at least a berry garden lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Big issues are online raids kiiinda suck, it desynchs almost instantly and I can only use the Random function cause specific raids desynch.

Also I though 4* and up raids had diferent icons in the map, but I see none right now? Am I doomed to have only 3* raids until the day passes or I do some of them?

4-5* don't, 6* and event raids do

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Oooh, they were probably event raids then. I knew something weird was going on when they were all Florges and Mimikyus.

Also for EV berries, the three best sources are apparently the Marinada auctions if they have them, the Alfornada minigame which gives multiple of them and sparkling points on East Province Areas 1 and 2 (each has 3 types of them)

Minigame?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Oh neat

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Man, it's kinda wild that now, as long has the correct ability since that's the hardest thing to change, you can pretty much turn any Pokemon into competitive viable just by paying 640k money (520k for vitamins, 100k for 5 bottlecaps, 20k for mint) and getting them to 50. Since GF refuses to change how IVs work this is the next best thing.

Instead of trashing our old partners and doing 3h of eugenic crimes, we can just load them full of steroids vitamin supplements and food and they'll be ready to go.

We just need a rusty bottle cap to set a stat to 0 lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
drat I've had some bad luck today. Have the shiny charm, made perfect sandwiches, tried farming a mass outbreak of varooms 4 times and no shiny. Decided to go try roaring moon shiny farming and 3 attempts only 2 shiny zweilous. Thank goodness for manual save so I didn't waste herba mysticas

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hammerite posted:

When I got into the entrance of the cave at the bottom of area zero there were two or three wandering around. That was the only place I saw one

For Flutter Mane, eat a fairy encounter and sparkling sandwich, go to the bottom of Area Zero during the day and the only thing that'll spawn down there will be shiny flutter manes.* Once night falls if your sandwich power is still up you'll encounter normal flutter manes as well.

By bottom of Area zero I mean the area of the cave that leads to the final boss room.

*it may take some running around to make it spawn fyi

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Flopsy posted:

I figured out the problem is a glitch that only lets them spawn at night. They also spawn in the cave next to research station #3.

Yeah, just wanted to toss out the "easy shiny flutters" thing since I did it myself and caught 4 in a half hour. Been struggling with the other paradox shinies though.

That cave by station 3 is a good place to farm roaring moon shiny, I recommend dragon sandwiches for that, if you do dark you'll get a lot of sableeyes and zweilous whereas dragon is just roaring moon and zweilous

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Flopsy posted:

I'm in a bit of a difficult position because I'm trying to test the waters for a modest or timid one. Usually if I find one I just save and restart and start using my dream ball to try and catch it. But this daytime glitch makes them despawn sometimes and I loving hate it.

Ah yeah that sucks. I gave up trying to catch one with a specific nature drove me nuts.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Most raids can be won by using Perrserker, Iron Hands, or Azumarril. Sylveon and Flutter Mane are two other popular choices I've seen.

There's a lot of strategies around lowering the raid targets def/spdef and increasing your own attack/spatt to setup ohkos before the shield goes up.

Like with Perrserker you can screech (a couple times if solo), swords dance then iron head with great success. Iron hands and Azu are built around belly drum then drain punch for IH and the healing shell item for Azu, though these are more grinds than ohkos

You can solo a lot of stuff with those tactics.

E: serebii also has a list of all the raids and what movepools the pokemon have access to so if soloing you can setup a good mon to use pretty easily.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 8, 2022

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Guess I finally gotta train up a Sylveon for raiding, been using Perrserker mostly.

This game owns

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

How did you go about setting that up?.I find that every time I do a sword's dance or two (ps what are good moves for boosting SpAtk anyway?) they just get randomly nullified...

E: also, any suggestions for for ground types to train up for raids? Wound up against a 5 star electric and just couldn't bring it down before the timer. I actually have a well trained Garchomp but it's only level 45 which may be the issue

6 star raid pokemon are level 75, 7 star (like the charizard was) are level 90

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Had a shiny rellor kill itself with recoil last night :(

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
6* also have their own icon, but you should only have 1 of those a day on your map

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HopperUK posted:

I got 70 premier balls for almost nothing because the game values them super-low (I guess because you acquire them for free so it can't be an endless money exploit) and that was pretty satisfying. I catch all Tera pokemon in them.

Lol I did the same

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Pretty much all raid mons should be Hp and their preferred attack stat. Just make sure it's lvl 100 as well.

The only build I've seen different than that was a support grimmsnarl build

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I think different pokemon have different timing. Could be raid based, but it seems like clodsire always wipes team stats in the first two turns while amoongus wipes team stats when his shield its half/almost gone

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

humpthewind posted:

I'm about to dive into the world of sandwiches and shiny hunting but the info out there seems all over the place. I saw this guide to sandwich making:

https://imgur.com/a/BTuymY3

and it seems pretty straightforward. Is there someone that can give me the basic order of operations? Is it as easy as make sandwich with only the ingredients in screenshot > eat sandwich > go to place where pokemon spawns > catch shiny hopefully?

Basically. If you're not hunting in area zero you can go to the place of the pokemon you want, do a picnic eat the sammy and go hunting. Protip, turn autosave off, save BEFORE MAKING THE SAMMY, if you don't catch a shiny or you're trying to catch 3-4 and don't you can reset and try again without losing mats. If you're going to area zero you can picnic in front of the ramp that leads to the area zero entrance building.

Another tip, if you're in an area you can picnic in while hunting you can start a picnic then close it and the makes the pokemon in the area respawn. Personally I prefer running around to make them spawn but I've seen the picnic trick work in some videos.

The first image in that link is all you need if shiny hunting solo and those sandwiches are easy to make, another protip is that you can drop the top slice of bread off to the side if you find ingredients keep falling off when you try to top the sandwich.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I didn’t think you could picnic anywhere in area 0? Are there spots that you can?

No, you can picnic in the area you fly to when u want to access area 0 tho, and you can't use the picnic respawn trick in area zero at all.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Guess I've been lucky, I started to think the game had a mercy rule that after so many balls you get a crit catch lol. I think the most tries it took me on any legendary was 15-20 balls

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I enjoy shiny hunting this generation. It's fun

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I just spent 35 minutes attempting to host a grass tera Hydreigon raid

I had to keep canceling it because literally every single time some dildo would try to bring one of the charcadet evolutions, not understanding that hydreigon is still offensively a dark type and will immediately one-shot them

I gave up in the end.

I would try using this site or something similar if u can find it: https://gamewith.net/pokemon-scarletviolet/article/show/36573

I've had good luck hosting raids through this (not 100% wins though) and you can set parameters on what you want people to bring.

I also like using it for joining raids, but you have be drat quick with code input to get into them.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I did the slowbro way with psychic terrain instead of slack off and when I hit him he was basically dead dead (modest, life orb, 252 spat/hp).

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Scuba Trooper posted:

GOD DAMMIT I threw a repeat ball at cinderace when I meant to select the fast ball

U can release it to catch a new one fwiw

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Scuba Trooper posted:

I'm gonna take it on the arches and just trade for a fast ball scorbunny

I dunno when I'll get around to breeding but I got a fastball bunny

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Klungar posted:

There are still people who have Duped Raidons, I’ve got 6 Lucky Eggs myself.

Same. Clones me some fast balls last night even lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Flopsy posted:

You got any spare moon balls on hand? I'm just paranoid now they're going to launch an Inteleon raid in the future and I'm not gonna be ready.

Yup! I love moon balls they're my fav lol. I'm out n about for a bit, but I can definitely send ya some when I get free time

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol saw this today

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Flopsy posted:

You got any spare moon balls on hand? I'm just paranoid now they're going to launch an Inteleon raid in the future and I'm not gonna be ready.

free now if youre around

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Flopsy posted:

Probs because it's only a ten percent chance in those?

Replied to your pm!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hes from a rich family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I like this shiny hunting recipe guide more but it requires a specific herba so it might not always be useful, the sandwiches are much easier to make lol