Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Nanigans posted:

What happens when you get to Cubone

Criminal skull shape (the crime is desecrating a corpse)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Magnezone: definitely dog.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

wizard2 posted:

The only Pokemon you need is Pikachu. All else is vanity, and there's nothing wrong with that!

Geodude is real and my friend.

I don't know where they're going with cross generational trade, but with DLC being an option, I could see the entire national Pokédex eventually being available within I've generation.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

galagazombie posted:

Speaking of fossils. Past Paradox’s just don’t work good as an concept because we already have loads of prehistoric Pokémon. Not just fossils but Ancient Power evos, Relicanth, Lapras, etc. Killer Robots on the other hand are at least something we’ve never seen before. Plus the story makes sense as “These super advanced beings from the future are invading the present day like it’s Terminator 2!” While in Scarlet it’s like “Oh no some old Pokémon that weren’t able to stop themselves going extinct are coming. You know like Omastar. Beware the world ending terror of Omastar!”.

Your overall point is good, but generally, disrupting an ecosystem by introducing alien species is bad, like rabbits or cats in Australia. Or, more accurately, imagine how well a herd of velociraptors or brontosauruses would integrate in modern Spain.

Also magneton is the weirdest choice for an ancient Pokémon.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

From the perspective of a having only played up to generation 3 previously, and really only blue on Gameboy, the rest on emulators, open world in SV is loving awesome. Especially in the context of introducing a 6 year old to it. It just feels more immersive, especially the 3D. Plus you can just walk around wild Pokémon, that's great.
I do agree that they should make it more linear though. I ended up going counter clockwise, and up to the top I was amazed at how much high level content there must be. Then I started going down and realized that I should have zig zagged, which was disappointing.
Also, it's quite empty. I hope they put in more stuff and maybe a bunch of side quests in the next installment.

Finally, I feel like some Pokémon should have been way larger. Please put in earth sized Torterra

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

All the birds, especially the normal/flying ones. From generation 1, I've thought of them as not-pidgey, because pidgey was somehow worth having, and the others were not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Kieran's whole arch didn't land for me, precisely because his main gripe becomes that the player is the main character of the story, which the game can't and won't really engage with (and I would have been pissed if Ogerpon couldn't be caught because Kieran got it). I feel like the whole "don't keep secrets and don't judge outsiders before getting to know them" part was resolved pretty well though