Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Hello, I got Violet from the library and caught all the Pokemon before the Great Crater acted like Season 8 of Game of Thrones and retroactively disenchanted me from the game.

Whenever I last paid attention, there was some kind of well regarded fan Pokemon game people were talking about, I think. Does that still exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Pink Tina, my Tinkaton, was my mvp for sure.

The tea cup ghost has good spA and decent speed

Pawmi nuzzled Pokemon for me through the end of the game

Ninja bug is pretty cool. Lokix? Something like that.

Real talk I couldn't resist Spore Breloom and Talonflame. They're just so useful!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Is there any point playing Shining Diamond if I've got a copy of platinum lying around I've yet to get to? Assuming that internet is not a thing I have access to for trading.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Man, Old Gateau is such a pro tier translation. Iirc, a goon was the main translator at that time.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

broken pixel posted:

The Pokemon Center cancelled my Joltik plush order!

:negative:

I am devastated

Man, you were so amped.

Watt a tragedy, I wonder whose volt it is.

Sorry for your current situation.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
So one of the things that weirds me out about PL:A is the complete lack of abilities. I mean, being able to knock out geodudes in one hit, and not getting effect spored are nice, but it feels off.

There are way too many shock lions and cordyceps nightmare bugs. They're like Zubat and tentacool for this game.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
So far I've got full odds, no outbreak, shinies of Geodude, Onix, and Gligar.

I wonder if the game is trying to tell me something.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

MorningMoon posted:

First two episodes aired today. In the final weeks of the previous season, they had a pokemon from paldea show up in a minute long skit at the end, but for some odd reason they didn't credit Sprigatito but did every other pokemon. Turns out that's because Sprigatito is voiced by Jessie's VA.

After saying goodbye to the old cast, Pikachu and Jessie still stay in main roles lmao.

https://twitter.com/AnipokeFandom/status/1646829317513711618

What's that Pokemon zipped into a costume at :30?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Didn't know about this thing so I looked it up.

Why did they change mareep's cry to sound like "Daddy"?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Flopsy posted:

This is actually so beautiful it makes me angry and I can't fully grasp why.

Is it because Gamefreak doesn't treat these games as the AAA titles they are and just shoves them out the door with bugs and lag and lazy graphics?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Rudoku posted:

So they do treat them like AAA titles then?

Touché

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
So I never got the SwSh expansions. Are they worth it?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Do Alpha Pokemon have moves that they ordinarily can't get, or could they be applied some other way?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I caught a shiny Tsu....SUSHI FISH because it was white and I hadn't seen a white one and how many varieties of this thing are there?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Flopsy posted:

Six I think? Counting the shinies anyway.

Well I was trying to convey what I was thinking at the time, which was boredom/mild frustration.

Then some YouTube pops up saying it's one of the rarer shinies.

Edit: all my shinies are original odds

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 23, 2023

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I've always wanted to use a mew as a starter, but no way am I paying money to migrate all the DS pokes. They can stay safe and sound in Moon.

Some of them are from Emerald/FR/LG.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Kikas posted:

I somehow always end up with a team that's weak to electric :v: I just can't seem to find any good ground/rock types I like. Gigalith was a workhorse of my Gen V team, but that dude died to a wet rag and most of his use was "send out the Sturdy one, giving me a chance to revive 2". Really should play more with Pooper. Little dude completely no-sold Ionos gym, but alas I benched him afterward.

Grass resists electric too.

The last few gens I haven't been looking at Serebii and I've ended up Fighting type heavy...my least favorite, but they've been my partners for so long...

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Man, I need to get a computer so I can get in on this.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Are... Are you posting from your smart fridge?

Phone. Haven't had a PC in 12 years because...I procrastinate and this is good enough.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It's the 11th hour. Should I transfer my Pokemon or leave them eternally behind?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I heard somewhere that they heartily recommend moving everything by April 8th.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It is my understanding that a homebrew replacement is being worked on by people with skills and abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
There's a lot of Pokemon id like to use, but I don't really have the patience for anything that doesn't outspeed 90% of npc pokemon