Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The clip function only caught the last frame of this so I had to up the brightness but lmaooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I climbed to the peak of the mountain without getting a single badge

Also I really like that egg farming is AFK now

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I wish they would've given Scarlet access to outfits with brown pants. Do the same for Violet and give them blue pant variants

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Did you mash through the tutorial?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hrist posted:

My 1% spawn probably. :negative: And so on.

Spawns are a lot easier to game out now that you can eat food that makes certain types appear

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Bee posted:

The thing weirder to me is that you can't actually interact with your friends in the overworld beyond sharing a physical space. It'd be nice if you could talk to them to request battles and trades directly, or talk to a raid den they've activated to join the fun, rather than needing to go through a menu prompt. Or if you could spectate trainer / gym leader battles, and join them for Titan fights and Starfall raids.

Well at least we can show off our fashion choices!

:negative:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The romhack scene for Scarlet and Violet is going to be so good in a decade

I'm half joking but honestly these games, despite their flaws, have made me more excited for the future of Pokémon than any other game. The flesh is rotting in some places but the skeleton has never been better.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

HopperUK posted:

Is there a better dedicated capture mon than kricketune? I used one for that all through PLA but whittling everything down with Maushold who knows Thunder Wave is exhausting. The cricket can learn false swipe.

Speaking of, make sure to go back and chat to the teachers and take classes. The biology guy just gave me three false swipes.

Sunny Day, Hypnosis, False Swipe Gallade

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Unlucky7 posted:

So I did not look closely into version differences and I want to get Scarlet. Is there anything major I am missing out on other than what is to be expected?

Good pants

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Spoilers, but this is actually Deadly Premonition 3

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

They gain the ability to make their own sandwiches

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

ROFL Octopus posted:

The Beast Ball is truly one of a kind, which sucks.

Excited for Tera Raids to get hacked like Dynamax Raids were so I can just get 999x of these

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

AngryRobotsInc posted:

My partner really likes Grusha's scarf and I managed to find reasonable color matches from my usual source for yarn. So now I'm working on drafting up a concept pattern to knit it for him. Most difficult part is going to be the Pokeball on the end of it.

You'll probably have better luck crocheting that ball if you know how, and if you don't a sphere is incredibly simple to do.

Here's a pattern for a pokeball:
https://www.theblueelephants.com/2016/09/crochet-ball-pokeball-pattern.html

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Indicat or Cativa, depending on your preference

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Vegastar posted:

I’ve been able to solo most of my 6* on the back of belly drum, swords dance and nasty plot and resistant typing.

Well that just sounds like a horrible moveset. :rolleyes:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It was a little bit of a bizarre choice for the pre-release game trailers/previews to highlight the 2nd Star Captain and the 2nd & 3rd Gym Leaders

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Is Pokerus in the game?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I think a lot of people forget that you can talk to Nurse Joy and she will tell you where your pokemon are the proper level for

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Stux posted:

i just ran around w my pokemon out as i played due to having a normal brain

Stux posted:

its no injoke. its a statement fo objective fact regarding my birth and food preferences

Well, which is it??

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Flopsy posted:

The twist being Clavell is in fact the actual professor of the game. He's named after a flower and even tells you later on he did work as a Pokemon professor before taking up the mantle of director. His office still has the design and hallmarks of his original lab. Sada/Turo were red herrings from the word go and I kinda love it.

I think the actual actual professor is Mr. Jacq, since that's an actual tree

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't actually the last season of Ash, and at the end of the Gen 9 season we get a glimpse of old Ash and he says "Hey, did I ever tell you kids about the time I went to [Gen10Region]?"

They'll probably only pull this if the season bombs but if they do it it'll give a good opportunity to reboot him and/or change VAs.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Rock/Ghost (Yes Golurk is a Ground/Ghost. No it doesn't make sense for a literal rock golem.)

Golems, as well as Golett & Golurk, are made from clay, which is a type of soil. :science:

e: wow I got beat to this a while ago

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Incredibly bummed that I wasn't able to dupe Beast Balls before it was patched, especially with limited time starter pokemon raids!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Pokemon Sword & Shield release date: 11/15/2019

Pokemon Sword & Shield Expansion Pass announcement date: 1/9/2020

Total time: 55 days

Wow, can't wait to hear what the Scarlet and Violet Expansion Pass will be next Thursday on 1/12/2023!!!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79WYaflsGCQ

Wolfe Glick is hosting an Invitational Tournament today, 8 content creators that were coached by 8 pros.

It started about 30 minutes ago and they're about to wrap up interviews; seems like it'll be pretty fun and it's in person so the energy is great so far.

Commentary Couch:
-Wolfe
-Rosemary Kelley
-Aaron Zheng
-Aaron Traylor

Trainers:
-Ludwig
-JaidenAnimations
-Sykkuno
-Alpharad
-LilyPichu
-ConnorEatsPants
-Void
-BoxBox

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Rudoku posted:

I have a Dragonite with only Dragon Dance and Fly (raid bosses can't use moves like that) for that problem.

https://youtu.be/r5_NvFTfAWc

This but a Dragonite

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

:toot:

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1622490525000409089/photo/1

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/all#type=psychic

Looks like Alakazam has the 3rd lowest attack stat for fully evolved Psychic types, excluding Wobuffet and Darmanitan's zen mode

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1625370007424188416

Getcher free Apricorn Balls

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I signed up for my first VGC regionals because they're coming to my city at the end of next month.

It's throwing money down the toilet, but I'm bringing my boy Dudunsparce.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/03/growlithe-joins-the-build-a-bear-pokemon-collection

ATTN: PKMN Trainer Red

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm at work right now, but through the power of turbo/macros, I have a Sylveon at home grinding the Academy Tournament.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Zuzie posted:

https://twitter.com/AnipokeFandom/status/1636677766115635201

There's also this guy. I feel like the new series isn't going to have a talking Pokemon like Meowth so there's this guy instead.

Oh great, instead of a cute talking cat, we get... some pervert??

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Scholtz posted:

I signed up for my first VGC regionals because they're coming to my city at the end of next month.

It's throwing money down the toilet, but I'm bringing my boy Dudunsparce.

Sorry to report that there's no way I'm gonna be able to bring my boboy Dudunsparce to regionals this weekend. I had no idea it'd be Regulation C and that I'd be going up against the Treasures of Ruin, which kinda counter the gimmicky stored power moveset I was considering.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It's also worth noting that Pokemon B2W2 have a challenge mode, when you get to them.

quote:

In Challenge Mode, opponents use more competent artificial intelligence and the level of opposing Trainers' Pokémon are higher than usual (1 level higher at the start of the game, and rising to 5 levels higher by the end of the game). Gym Leaders and the Elite Four each use one additional Pokémon on their team, as well as their party having different movesets and held items, and their Pokémon's IVs are all set to 30. However, Trainers' Pokémon's stats are still calculated using the levels from Normal Mode (for example, a trainer's Pokémon will appear to be level 63 but still have the stats of a level 59). The raised levels are taken into account for both prize money and experience (the player and their Pokémon will receive more of each).

The way to unlock it is kinda asinine (you have to have someone who's unlocked it transfer the key to your game because starting a new game deletes your key) but if you're emulating I'm sure there are save files with it already unlocked

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Wait, Salt Cure doesn't OHKO Wo-Chien? What kind of oversight is this??

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

For Tera Mimikyu the hat flops around with their "head" :kimchi:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

broken pixel posted:

Finally, he’s here! Joltik is real! It only took 4 whole generations of plush to get to my boy

Hey, sweet! I got got free shipping!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Scholtz posted:

Hey, sweet! I got got free shipping!

In happier news...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

broken pixel posted:

I’m glad your pals came in! You have some primo picks in there, too. Be sure to share the lineup later!

Thanks! I got my BW and B2W2 teams. I'd normally only get 6 but Unova is my favorite gen

BW:
Archeops
Cryogonal
Darmanitan (and Zen mode despite not having the HA in my playthrough)
Galvantula
Golurk
Throh

B2W2:
Chandelure
Eelektross
Garbador
Gigalith
Scrafty
Swoobat

There's also a Heatmor and Carracosta that I got for a friend in there

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 11, 2023