Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Hope the day 1 patch addresses some of the performance issues being shared online.

Unless those are people playing on emulators and not saying so, which wouldn't be the first time it happened but it's not like Pokemon games are exercises in optimization that squeeze every drop out of the system. They're not Monolith Soft after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Blaziken386 posted:

sometimes I look at the bullshit monolith soft pulled off in xenoblade (all three of 'em)

All four of them you mean :eng101:

...I mean sure, XCX is an unfinished mess but the freedom of movement and exploration in that game is top tier for the series.

Aristide posted:

One day I'll update the actual trading thread (Or make a new one) but until then, babes, new version of my legacy transfer chart is up:

Pokemon Trade Thread: All Dogs go to Home.

So most/everything from SwSh can go into SV via Home right? If so I might have to use it, briefly, to grab stuff like my perfect IV german Ditto I got from farming raids and swapping mons with foreign goons long ago.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

also you can't put stuff into SV yet, they don't add home support for new games until a couple months down the line.

Oh right, well that sucks. :(

TheKingofSprings posted:

Xenoblade is now dead, Monolith Soft develops Pokemon forever now.

I would absolutely take a Pokémon game from them even if it delays xbx2 or xbc4. It’d run properly and the Pokémon would be to scale I bet.

Eiba posted:

. Eventually I found a gyarados in a slightly hidden path underneath not-barcelona and though it nearly wiped out my team, even though I was a higher level, I eventually caught it. But I'm not sure if using a gyarados for something like this would feel like cheating.

Gyarados is the series’ early access to Pokémon of mass destruction. They exist for you to bust out when playin fair doesn’t work in the early to mid game. Once you start hitting third forms it’s still powerful but not as much as vs second forms in the 20s and low 30s.