Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Nanigans posted:

I’ve also seen people go with SpAtt and HP, and Calm Mind over Metal Sound.

Typically it's recommended to do hp instead of defense so that way you can use the same pokemon for special or physical attackers.

And the idea of calm mind vs metal sound, especially in this raid, is that the raid pokemon nullifies effects on itself more often than it lowers players stats, so you get a longer lasting effect from calm mind.

Nasty Plot/Lightscreen/Make it Rain Tera Steel Gholdengo does well in this raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

The next gimmick should be one that makes Ledian and Seaking good.

Just give them a new evolution imo.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Honestly these two raids are pretty easy. Annhilape wrecks iron leaves and bellibolt wrecks walking wake.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

qnqnx posted:

All tourneys should be through Pokemon Showdown

Hard agree.

And also, bringing back the battle facilities chat, I want there to be another battle factory. I could never build a team good enough in terms of IVs and EVs in emerald, so I just did battle factory all the time.

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 14, 2024

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Well I just played using someone else's Pokemon in a tera raid. They were using my ursaluna and I was using their iron thorns.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I hate this raid.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I solo'd it with a bulky/defensive skeledirge with a shell bell and slack off for recovery, sunny day to get rid of the snow/neuter surf and torch song to attack but it took a few goes to get the right luck and actually win.

I've helped a decent amount in hosted raids using blissey with light screen/sunny day/heal pulse/helping hand and cheers.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

The man called M posted:

Just curious, for everyone's first playthrough of Legends Arceus: Did you guys focus on catching everything before or after Catching Dialga and Palkia?

I tried before, then got impatient and completed the story because I wanted to see what the massive mass outbreaks were like.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I introduced my friend to my team of shiny rock polish/shell smash/explosion 6 iv miniors last night.

He was not amused

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Honestly I enjoyed the Volo fight in PLA. My team was pretty under leveled so it was difficult.

Then I used H-Zoroark and Cress to beat Giratina.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Sap Sipper H goodra with a balloon can literally never be hit by the mighty venosaur, nice cheesy strat for the current raid. You just have to protect for the turn where your ability gets nullified.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Make sure it’s a Hisuian Goodra and not the regular one; the strategy works because hGoodra is part steel and thus immune to poison attacks.

Something two separate people didn’t realize in two different raids last night…

Yup, same.

Here's my setup:

Hisuian Goodra with Sap Sipper and Balloon, Tera Steel
Moves: Curse, Iron Head, Gyro Ball, Protect

Curse until Venosaur nullifies your abilities, protect the next move. Curse yourself a couple more times to really lower your speed (this is important for Gyro Ball)/raise attack, use Iron Head 3 times, Terastylize, then Gyro Ball until Venosaur is dead.

It does require you to have the dlc for the Gyro Ball TM for this strat unfortunately.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
If anyone needs help with the Blastoise raid my support blissey is good to go!

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I just used my normal tera raid iron hands lol.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Lux Anima posted:

a good pick, if you don't care about playing support! I haven't trained one of those yet - again I prefer to avoid the super-common meta-picks like legendaries, and that particular paradox mon is kinda similar in how commonly it is found in the online Tera raids.
I DO have a shiny Huge Power Azumarill, tho (Peanut Bunner)! I keep trying to retire it to make room for more support-mons in my Tera-raider box, but I just can't deny that big punches = big life...

When it's ev trained in HP and Attack it absolutely dunks on tera raids, especially when you've got drain punch and give it a metronome.

Also for support I suggest blissey as a special wall and for a more low-key physical wall, cloyster.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Sesq posted:

Looks like if you've caught the raid Charizard before, you can't do it again. If you don't have it, Fake Tears/Calm Mind/Draining Kiss Sylveon seems to work well.

I'd bet a fluttermane with that same moveset would work.
Huge power/Belly Drum/Play Rough Azumarill works against it as well, but you kind of have to die to make it work.

Edit: woah fluttermane makes this one easy. It's way easier than Azumarill. Use a cloak to avoid confusion from hurricane and it's incredibly easy to solo.

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 13, 2024

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Nessa posted:

I’m classing Shuckle as the slime mold I think it’s supposed to be.

I always assumed it was an endolith, which probably wouldnt change it's taxonomy on your list

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Flamigo is a great addition to the early route birds.