Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Haven’t played a new Pokémon since Sun and Moon put a bad taste in my mouth. Looking forward to smoke pouring out of my Switch as it struggles to hit 20 FPS when I throw a Pokeball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Game is good. I can see the jank, but I feel it’s either a) slightly overblown or b) I don’t have high standards. Playing on an OG Switch handheld.

Definitely needed a bit more time in the oven, though. Maybe a decent patch will smooth things out. The actual content is fun as gently caress though, as someone who took a break after being disappointed by Sun and Moon.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Lol an NPC in Los Platos walked toward me and just phased out of reality like a ghost.

Game rules.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

National Parks posted:

I feel like I'm playing Early access pokemon.

Game is good though on first impression. I like the pokemon that's literaly just a flamingo with no alterations.

Tandemaus and Maushold take the cake for me in “this is kinda lazy but I love it”.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Love my floating bread dog

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

This game is a work of art

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Thanks, weirdly possessive rival. Now I gotta go charge my JO tera crystal.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Stux posted:

anyone else thinking this is the best pokemon game ever

Yeah I haven’t had this much effortless fun since Gen II. It isn’t perfect and the jank is very real, but the pure enjoyment factor outweighs those for me.

Also found a rock that, when you stand on it, locks you in place and the game just gently resets you next to it. Lmao

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Scatterbug when you run into it: :byodood:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
S/V is a moist, delicious cake that got decorated in a 30 second rush before it needed to be out the door.

Still great, big “gently caress it” energy.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
There should be a SV Remaster, but on the same system lmao

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Blaziken386 posted:

beat area zero and rolled credits

goddamn this game loving whips rear end. bunch of good fights, bunch of good pokemon, and good writing. now if only they could patch the memory leaking and framerate issues (lmao at the credits getting framey) this game would be amazing

Lol this game is one of the worst reviewed in the series, and it actually might be my second favorite after Gen II. It rules.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Slightly disappointed when you make an awful sandwich you don’t just poo poo yourself and die and respawn at the nearest Pokémon center.

My chorizo, hamburger, banana, and mayo monstrosity did make my guy wince though.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

ImpAtom posted:

Upon thinking about it Pokemon should replace Ash with Larry. I think it would be more accurate to the modern day Pokemon experience.

Also they should just casually reveal Ash is actually 36 years old with no further explanation

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Yeah like I totally understand why people would bounce hard off this, technical issues included but…this is the best Pokémon game since G/S for me.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver could also be fun remakes to be bundled together

FireHeart/GreenSoul, if you will.

Just connect all the regions together and release an absolute tome of a game. You’ve collected 59 badges and switched identities at least six times. You have nine moms who keep giving you Pokédex after Pokédex. You are so so tired.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah I laughed when I opened my menu and suddenly there were more mice. Just like in real life!

Maushold might be my favorite Pokémon name pun in a long while.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Geostomp posted:

Jokes on you, I was five years late to learning new slang since I was a kid!

I just learned what “rizz” means (short for charisma!), which signifies that word has probably long cycled out of youth vocabulary.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Next generation will have a kebab mini-game where you have to skewer ingredients using the gliding mechanics from PLA.

Okay but that actually sounds good

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Yeah Gen II still tops it for me, admittedly maybe for pure nostalgia reasons, but IX is definitely second or third place now.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
A party of six Flamigos all named Flamigo

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Same. The first 350 we’re fine for memorization, but now my 34 year old mush brain just sees a floating screwdriver named Squiboplebop or something and goes “yeah sure that seems right” and then I immediately forget it exists.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Resdfru posted:

I'm about to go beat up Nemona and then whatever all that is up there. Just wanted to say thanks for using spoiler tags

Also, all the recent talk in this thread just reminded me how little I actually know about pokemon. Been playing since Pokémon blue and I've played (but not always finished) most of them and I still have never done breeding and I have no idea what half the stuff youre all talking about even is. Just crazy how much depth these 'kids' games have

I’m with you here. I vastly appreciate how much depth has been added to the games over the years, but damned if I don’t think much more beyond “fire makes grass go woosh!” and “make level big number”.

Basically I play Pokémon as if I were still a fifth grader.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
“Bug fixes” actually just refers to adjusting stats on bug Pokémon

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I would kill for a Pokémon game cel shaded in that early hand drawn style.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I’m 34 years old and I beat Violet mostly spamming Play Rough, because I am lazy and dumb

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I’m probably heartless but Penny/Team Star resonated with me more than Arven.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Venusaur is a fictional creature in the popular video game series Pokémon.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Cleretic posted:

I want an entire team of Regular Goddamn Animals.The sorts of Pokemon that people look at and go 'but that's just a bird'.

Said team may be difficult to compose without faltering to a massive Electric weakness from having too many normal-rear end birds and fish.

A rock type but it’s just a Pokeball full of gravel that you chuck at someone’s Squawkabilly

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

This is fantastic, but I also can’t help but laugh because if you showed this to someone pre-gen 9 it absolutely would look like a shitpost.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
DLC but it’s just Nemona’s semi-transparent head taking over the screen.

“We live inside a dream tatachaaan”

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Pokémon Ibiza with acid house soundtrack.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Marill will always be my forever fav because it reminds me of furiously searching the early internet for “leaked new Pokémon Pikablu!!!” before G/S came out.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Kvlt! posted:

purple>orange

:hmmyes:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Lol yeah wasn’t the original R+G basically held together with twine and hope

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Nessa posted:

If anyone has accents in Masters, Nemona’s should be Spanish for sure. Penny’s should be British, or maybe Irish. Do any of the Kalos trainers have French accents? It would be cool if they did.

I like when games utilize a wide variety of accents because it makes it feel like a more fleshed out world. I’ve also loved that Xenoblade uses British accents as their default. I think British gamers would find it a nice change of pace as well.

I’m playing Xenoblade 2 right now and I am loving the Welsh and Scottish overload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Same. I know different strokes for different folks, but after Gens 6 and 7 basically killed my interest in the series, SV was what I needed to come back.