Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The starter swapping in Gen 1 was the easy part! Don't forget that you'd still have to grind out Eeveelutions and the fossils, both of which took hours of gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Well shoot, I want the fun new guys, but I literally started the game Saturday. Is there any way to reasonably make this happen while the event is active, without pissing off randos?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Larryb posted:

Even though I’m pretty sure other instances of him doing the same got left in (maybe it had something to do with the fact that particular disguise had breasts)

There was also the infamous seizure inducing episode that resulted in poor Porygon and all its forms getting blacklisted from the anime for a crime that Pikachu committed

Jessie and James cross dressed almost every episode if memory serves. We love a queer icon.

That banned episode was because James had a serious pair in a bikini top. I can't blame 4Kids for just punting on that one.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

HopperUK posted:

*Genuinely* not sure. It is becoming free yeah, but I have no idea how it'll act if you've never had a paid sub. I expect it to be fine but Nintendo's decisions are sometimes unfathomable.

This is my understanding, yes. I feel like it might be worthwhile to pay for a year just to be safe beforehand, but it's weird.

That said, general bank question- I hadn't paid for it for a few years. I finally logged back on, and there was an odd assortment of mons. I swore I had a living dex. If it's gone, it's gone, but does it make any sense that only some of them would be deleted?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Can I ask on the forums which Pokémon has the stinkiest feet

Well it's gotta be Garbodor

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Terrorforge posted:

Anyone have recommendations for one of these? I'd like to experience some of that strategic depth, having to rely on synergies and strategies and good comps and whatnot. Ideally without just being bullshit impossible, but in a pinch my bullshit tolerance is pretty high.

Not quite what I'd consider bullshit on that level, but Infinite Fusion will break your brain a few times and redo how you think of team construction.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Lol Past Paradoxes continue to be radically different redesigns while future ones are zero effort “I dunno just put a chrome texture on it” glorified shinies. You could tell people that Forretress’s new texture was actually Future Paradox Forretress and no one would doubt you.

The future paradoxes have some GOATed animation cycles but yeah, they aren't that thrilling to look at in a static image.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

It's the Mission Impossible style briefings that self-destruct after being used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

victrix posted:

I'd like to get a physical pokedex as a gift for a kid who's loving Violet - is https://www.amazon.com/Super-Deluxe-Essential-Handbook-Pokémon/dp/1338714120/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3NH2VX9Y9UXR6 the most current super pokedex out there? It looks like that's a year prior to Violet/Scarlet

There's a Pokedex book that does the mons in alphabetical order, which is real sicko poo poo. Buyer beware.