Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I saw a clip of the map just not loading and popping in and out during attacks and someone going 'the game is like this all the time'

Is it really a unplayable nightmare or did one person run into a bug and blow it out of the water. First pokemon game I've been interested in awhile and making me nervous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I cannot describe how much I hate the player character

Also when I chose the cat the lighting and textures all unloaded for a minute so that was funny

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think it's funny I'm likely to complain the most about this poo poo but I'm also the same kind of person to just be like 'lol, lmao' when tech problems happen as long as I'm enjoying myself. Curious if it'll break me.

Also why the hell is Route 1 littered with every dumb baby in the franchise my god pichu azurill, igglybuff etc they're all just here!! I can't raise friendship that fast!! Route 1 is literally the land of Little Guys!!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New terror unlocked: I want to evolve the new mons but I don't know if they have requirements as for once I went in unspoiled. I sure hope Cruggy the weird berry dog hybrid doesn't need a certain move and phase of the moon to evolve so I can swap it out at some point :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Flopsy posted:

You need to put your fidough in an oven.

I hate that I can't tell if this is a joke or not

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wile E. Toyota posted:

So what did y'all name your bread dogs? :kimchi:

Isabread

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Should I be focusing on Gyms

I did the first one, then fought a titan and kinda wanna poke a team star base but my mons are all around 24ish and I don't want my team to just stop listening to me :/

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Larry buddy you need to play the games you were doing this in the sonic thread too :v:

Though my own question I need to ask, gonna play with friends tonight and well, How does multiplayer work? Will we need to be at the same pokecenter stop thing? If one of us starts a raid will the other players get a pop up to join no matter where they are or what? I know that you're not locked out of story/doing whatever but I'm not sure how 'friendly' it is in terms of me just letting friends into my game and then that's about the extent of things.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Those are area aces, the 'bosses' of each route (or what counts as one)
They used to give big prizes for beating them but dunno if they still do or not. They were in Sun/Moon

Also I love getting popups about outbreaks of new mons and not being able to find them. What the gently caress is a Gabbadadook game!! Same with these cute white hello kitty rear end mice that showed up on my minimap but weren't actually there.

Also, also, shout out to a trainer saying "I refuse to accept defeat" then crashing my game making me do a team star base run all over again :argh:. I genuinely think this is probably the best pokemon game since B/W, or rather it would be if it just wasn't for all the technical bugs and poo poo programming. I'm loving everything I'm doing and I actually like the characters outside my player one but god it's just so jank and unfinished/polished.

Like I don't get people who like any of the losers in Sword/Shield. Marnie had like 2 lines the whole game and some gym leaders were literally copy pasted dialogue wise (or in the ghost boys case only had one line). Here I actually like Arvel and his plotline and your rival doesn't annoy the hell out of me. Letting the gym leaders/E4 just kinda chill and talk to you adds a lot and even Team Stars whole thing seems interesting at a glance. It's such a improvement.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How do eggs work anyway? I forget picnic is even a thing and the couple times I did the basket was always empty.

Like without a ditto I haven't really been thinking about it but I *would* like to get the other starters for my dex at some point

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I still have no idea what the gently caress fairy typing is

I've played every game since it was introduced and none of it or it's combinations stick

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Asked the pokecenter where to go, said to head to the fighting star base

I have no idea how to actually get there :negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

oddium posted:

y is the map

Yeah, the only ways around it are blocked by mountains it seems.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I caught a zorua by bumping into some random shithead and 'surprise it's a funny fox'

Just had a *ditto* do that and accidentally KO'd it. Is there like... a sign that a mon might be fake? Because oh *no*

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Finished the main story and lol at the credits having framerate issues

But seriously that was the best final chapter of a pokemon game period holy poo poo I loved every moment of it minus Nemona being like 'wow arvel ur dad died but look how cool this dragon is wanna go on a adventure it's gonna be great'. Like holy poo poo lady Arven has been through the wringer let him have some time

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

End game pokemon spoilers I'm honestly really let down by the names of the Future Pokemon, I get they're undefined but it's weird calling them Iron ___. I don't know what a juggler even is!! The lack of dex descriptions, short as they are also kinda stinks.

Same late game mon, but honestly am I the only one that finds Delibot really disturbing? It's *adorable* (I like normal Delibird a lot despite being trash) so when I KO'd the story one I had to do a genuine double take 'wait what the gently caress" when it's head blew up. Like jesus christ buddy what course did nature take to make your head do that???

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I really am curious to the pokemon 'timeline' now after everything shown in this game

Implies ancient pokemon didn't even want to give humans a chance, but slowly grew domesticated. Then something happened to just mutate and turn all my buddies into machines that hate people again. Like what the hell happened to make everything turn into robots.

It's genuinely kind of unsettling having them at picnics because they look like they're a step away from killing you at all times.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just realized why Tinkaton's shiny is the way it is and that's so loving funny

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Only music I didn't like was the Gym Leader theme. It just doesn't really fit and they shouldn't have tried to ape Sword and Shields chanting. Also I kinda wish the gym leaders aces tera'd into a type to counter their weakness instead of just 'now this thing is a bug, it will die like all the rest in one shot to flame thrower.

Also I don't really remember the E4 theme at all

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Honestly I didn't like the cheering in sword/shield either

It feels so awkward having it start up then the gym leader's ace insta dies and it's just like 'well then'. If you one shot the gym leader the crowd should have this awkard like, 'ehhh' toning down effect

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah it's Corviknight. It's dex entry states that they tried to make the taxis work but Tinkatons kept trying to kill them, and Tons own dex entry is 'it tries to kill them to make them into hammers'

*It's* not shiny, there's a reason it's hammer is :)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think my favorite visual glitch is the Tera prompt in battles. It's its own light source so in certain areas when you open the fight menu the lighting just breaks. Area Zero is especially bad as it breaks shadows entirely there

As for the theory pokemon mentioned (final boss spoiler) I think people are looking too hard into it and the pokemon really are from the past/future. I mean you LITERALLY see a master ball pop out, catch a mon and then get thrown at you in the final boss fight. I think there's something weird and alien down there but also there's a legit time machine

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Larryb posted:

So I hear that the end of the Titan story spoils the end of the Team Star story a bit if you finish the former before the latter. I already pretty much have an idea of how the latter is going to turn out but how big a spoiler are we talking here?

I was debating which of the two I wanted to finish first since I’ve already decided to save the 8th gym and Elite 4 for last (which just seems appropriate honestly)

He says that you're going to need help for the next plot beat and says Nemona or Cassiopia can help (but with Cassiopia's real name) because they're so strong. It's goofy but also kind of obvious

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is this the first gen without a legendary?

I mean you can kinda count the grudge/ruin mons but Koraidon and Miraidon as cool as they are are literally all over the place in the future I guess.They're just lads.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

HopperUK posted:

Yeah, how are you defining legendary? The ruin mons seem obvious even if you ignore your bike.

A lot of legendary pokemon are masters of elements, emotions, etc. The Ruin mon (unless I misunderstood) are just Pissed Off Ghosts (not actually ghost type)

Though fair if I'm not recalling that right.

Like imported China relics that got pissed off over greed and became pokemon right?

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 1, 2022

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blaziken386 posted:

the gen 1 legendary trio is just Cool Birds, and gen 5 are just strong pokemon that learned to use swords

Fair, I thought the birds were weather control creatures and mewtwo was a clone of a mythical. Gen 5 I admit I forget about entirely though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I never understood why people considered a battle tower good postgame as it's just talking to a clerk and then fighting nonstop with no story, hooks or any real reason behind it. You get the same thing from being told 'go fight all the gym leaders again and we'll hold random contests.' only now you get to see a bit more of these characters being well, characters.

Then again I'm not much of a competitive person so maybe I missed something :shrug:'

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wonder if there's a good solution to make star fall fights interesting

They give you 10 minutes and you usually finish it in like 40 seconds and it's just pointing your character in the direction of a few enemies

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Flopsy posted:

Well folks it's finally happening. Beast ball charcadets incoming. If anybody wants some nows the time because I am breeding baybeee.

I'd love to get in on it later today if possible!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

BrainDance posted:

How does Pokemon canon work when there are plot differences between the two versions that matter?

I love the idea of Pokemon canon specifically because it gets so absurd, so this seems like and is a stupid thing to be concerned about but it's fun for me this isn't a "getting mad about Ash being still 10" thing

But, so canonically then is it Arven's dad who's dead and built a time machine, Arven's mom, or both and somehow these same events happened twice in his life without him ever mentioning "drat almost this same exact thing happened to mom?" Or is it even more alternate universes where there now have to be two universes in 1 gen?

Omega Sapphire/Ruby actually covered that there's multiple different timelines and realities in episode 0. It's why there's megas and stuff you can use as they're just around in the remakes timelines

Flopsy posted:

No problem! Shoot me over a PM whenever you're ready to go. They're all jolly because I was breeding with Ceruledge in mind though. Would you like them nicknamed in advance?

Sent a message, and I love nicknames, but nothings coming to mind really but if you got something I'm fine with it :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I found a shiny Pawmi while getting chips for a Ceruledge for a friend. "Neat" I thought as I finished up and flew up to the autumn forest near the snow mountains only to get jumped by a hot pink heracross

I love pink so I'm not complaining but I had to stare at the bug for a good minute to realize what the hell I was even looking at lmao. "I have nearly the entire dex what the gently caress is that??"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PLA kicks rear end and I think it's funny people complain about the combat when there's like 2 trainers in the whole drat game. You'd think it would be obvious that battles aren't *really* the point but alas.

As for my things to check off, all that's left on the dex is:

Applin
Crabominiable
Torkal
Stonjorner (Exclusive)
Evolve funny reddit man

I'll need to reach out for Stonjorner but I'm kinda hoping tot touch trade the reddit goblin so I have a excuse to explore with the shiny charm as I get my own. (Is Gimmieghoul shiny locked btw?)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Desperate Character posted:

Gimmieghoul is shiny locked; if you get a eiscue use link code 0320 and that should give you someone trading a stonejourner. The rest can be found on the map (Applin requires ramming trees in Tagalog forest

Oh sweet, I'll have to give that code a shot.
I never really looked for mons in trees so that would explain why I never found a drat apple too lmao.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is there a easy way to get a Masuda ditto? I wanna shiny hunt the starters.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Box full of cats, no shiny
Looked around a fairy ^^ for a shiny Valiant, nothin (expected though)

"Fine, gonna go check for a raid and get herba mystica (or try)" and a shiny Vaporeon jumped me

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm losing my mind. I saw a shiny Iron Valiant casually walk off a cliff in the last area and dove after it with a audible OH NO

Caught it and went 'man that was close' and wall climbed back to the top of where it fell and... a second shiny Iron Valiant was waiting at the top. There's no sparkle burger or anything in effect.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

This. I've seen lots of people getting send to the Bug Gym then the Dark Base and then the Ground Titan and getting murdered because the last one is level 44.

Yeah she wanted me to fight Eri when my dudes were level 30 and I didn't even see the ice mountain or Larry or anything yet. It's even in my post history that I couldn't figure out how to get there because I wasn't anywhere close to it as I didn't have mountain climbing or anything lol

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want a shiny scream tail because they're so loving funny. Alas I am violet.

Also genuine question: Do they ever address all the bodies under Medli Cities Gym? Waiting for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lore wise did Arceus just get powercrept by a tiny turt

Cause lmao at it creating a whole new type just to kill you let alone the poo poo it does at Crystal Pond