Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Violet_Sky posted:

I'm glad they aren't going for a legends Unova cause I think the Internet would have a collective meltdown over the supposed treatment of the indigenous Unovans. I think Gamefreak knows it too.

this is why you do my idea of 1910-20's style unova and the main villain is the pokemafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Personally I'm excited by Kalos forms and maybe not having to battle to capture once again

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

There probably will be but I also liked having that few fights. Felt refreshing and also battles are my least favorite part of the game

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Especially for battling yes.

Filling out the dex is the best part of the game imo and the additional goals in pla added a ton of game time for me.

I was super disappointed when sv didn't have any of that

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Just do catch and release. Just like irl.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Spacebump posted:

I wish the new Legends game would just copy battles from the main series.

Man I want this so so little

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

dracky posted:

I liked legends arceus because I always liked catching pokemon and filling out the pokedex more than battling them

Big same. I honestly don't really like battling much at all so being able to only have to do it a few times ruled

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

It also proves that Poke Pelago was the best mechanic because then nothing is rotting in boxes, they're having a vacation at an island resort with the occasional mining and farming you could force on them.

It was great. Give me that poo poo back.

E: also if we're using ash as rationalization we can't forget that he caught like 30 Tauros, sent them to oak, and visited them like twice in 20 years.

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 28, 2024

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Technically they're data in a computer in every game. And so are we.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I'm friends with all 30 of my starly.

What I can't believe is that people would take their besties and force them into combat to the death with another animal.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Fine, forcing them to fight within an inch of death. Sometimes against literal soul sucking spectres

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It's canon and textual that mega evolution is excruciatingly painful for the pomemon

But they ARE extremely cool and I want new ones

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Imo pla took out most of the annoying busywork

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Definitely not

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Muscle Tracer posted:

It showed us a future with no IVs or EVs, no half-baked multiplayer features shoehorned in... and it was beautiful :frogbon:

Yeah you don't need that garbage when you have like 9 total battles. It's a real contender for the best mainline game

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

dracky posted:

arceus definately could have been better but I was disappointed when in SV it went back to having to battle everything you wanted to catch and you couldn't just chuck pokeballs around willy nilly

Big same. At least it still cut out trainers in the field hunting you down.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

The battle system being stripped down doesn't matter if you never have to battle. (But also I liked it way more than the normal system when I was forced to engage)

The checklists added at least a hundred hours of playtime for me that I wouldn't have on any other game in the series

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

there are a lot of ways i think they can go with it and i'm excited to see which one they pick

give me collecting and light city building stuff

anything besides battles

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Syenite posted:

I want there to be checklists, but not necessarily stuff like "Catch 50 Pikachu's", but rather things like observing wild behaviors, feeding them to see what they like and all that stuff. Give us more ways to interact with Pokemon than just battle. I loved LA because it actually tried new gameplay ideas, so I hope they do that again.

this would be good. put some snap in the game without making it be an on-rails thing

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

it's good. it's just the on-rails nature doesn't quite do it for me, and to my autism brain capturing photos isn't the same as capturing in a ball so i don't get the same chemical hit.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Lux Anima posted:

a game of rock-paper-scissors rocket tag that forced you to use type-advantages to win and an occasional signature move.

this is how i approach every battle in other mainline games though, so all that was really different for me when i was forced to fight was the ffx style turn order bar that i liked a lot

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

dracky posted:

Does anybody actually like the story mode battles, like they're not hard they're just boring

no they suck. all they go is make it more of a chore to fill out my dex

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Usually for raids I go in until I find a team that can carry me through. Usually only takes <12 tries

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Yeah like the pretty decent world building, and grabbing new guys for my living dex. This is nearly entirely what these games are for me.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Capturing without having to fight is the best feature these games have ever had

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It is, but it loses it's new car smell after the first dozen and when all the game is just throwing balls at guys as you run buy (Or occasionally throwing out a rock at a guy that's too mad to catch) it's a lot more boring than having fun fights now and then.

I literally never got bored with it through like a hundred hours of playing

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Kikas posted:

Yeah I also love Quick Balls! :v:

they're the only ones i use in normal games.
i'll reload legendary fights till i catch one in them

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

no battle capture AND auto battle is the loving dream (for this gamer)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Muscle Tracer posted:

Give me a standalone Pokepelago game based on Animal Crossing, starring my friends from Pokemon Home. Is that so much to ask?

*nodding* put home support in pokemon sleep

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

i've still got pokemon trapped in there

i don't even know which of my wiis it's on

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

it was cute and nice but also too expensive

you could also get a few legendaries from it

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Larryb posted:

They usually include both Legendaries in these situations yeah (also they’ve been mentioned during the ED rap as well)

Those two will likely appear in some capacity (maybe Arven’s parents as well) but I’m not sure about the DLC stuff (last game I believe the Gen 8 manga covered both but I don’t think Journeys ever did)

Journeys went to both dlc locations but didn't engage with the stories from there

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Larryb posted:

Ah right, they included the locations but not any of the characters

They included mustard and the slowpokes

That's how Gengar learned to gmax

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

And eevee...? Dog or cat?

yes

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I instead want to see the other half pieces in a new set of 4. Fish Body with Dragon Head, Fish Body with Ice things head, Bird body with dragon head and bird body with Ice things head.

This is the correct opinion on this matter. Quote unquote fixed versions would be boring

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

lickitung is just a little guy

lickilicki is a man

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Thanks to npcs having no EV’s, npcs not evolving their Pokémon even at the end of the game, and the fact that you are often over leveled even if you try not to be, you’ll be out speeding 90% of trainers even with slow Pokémon. Only a small handful of absolute stinkers like Crabominable are actually too slow for campaign.

ugly garbage crab was still in my alola e4 team

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Regular sumo doesn't go nearly as hard as ultra. It's maybe slightly more challenging than a normal game but not much

Ultra they decided to try and break children and I kinda respect it

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I just want Johto gym leaders to mostly use Johto Pokemon

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

i didn't fill out types that didn't exist in that gen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Types, but also boxes for that gen's pokemon since I don't use old Pokemon until post e4