Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

For people who have played, roughly how long does it take to get to the point where you can trade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Uhh basically at the start of the game, like one battle then u can book it to the poke centre to trade.

Cool, thanks. I asked because for....several generations now, my partner and I have had a system where I trade him the two other starters, before starting my own game for real, and then in turn he trades me hatched ones down the line for the two I didn't choose. It's not been as necessary for....a while, what with the GTS and all, but we have just kept on keeping on with it.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Magikarp decided gently caress waiting around for Todd, it's evolving its own drat self.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Lol, did they really make a stupidly-long staircase to the school just to hide a loading zone? :allears:

I love little tricks like that in games to mask loading. The goofy rear end elevator conversations in Mass Effect were my jam, as well.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Arven is kind of a dork, and I am here for it.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I was weak when I ran into a clearly older man, without realizing what he was wearing until the close up and getting whacked with "Student (whatever his name was)". As someone who was previously a returning student considerably older than many of my classmates (not nearly that much older, though), I thought it was neat.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The chanting also works better when the fight is in....you know...a stadium. With a crowd.

Not when there's a group of like...maybe five randos watching the fight.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Am I just stupid, or is there seriously no way to lock the orientation of the map?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Clive has style for miles.

god I love how absolutely see through that disguise is. come on, man, clavell

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I was not prepared for how adorable Clodsire is.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I very much want Saguaro's apron. Honestly, all the teachers are pretty great so far.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Fancy is the only natural spawn.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The Tera Raid battle theme is pretty baller.

Also I seem to have stumbled my way into another "Better get on the Ultraviolence quick like, because everyone can kick some rear end but has all the fortitude of a wet sheet of tissue paper" team.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

doing the finals for every class really brings me back to my school days, by which i mean it causes me to yell at the screen "what the gently caress do you mean four out of five correct, which did I get wrong!? Let me retake the test, darnit, I want a perfect score!!"

The incredibly obvious in retrospect trick question in the second (I think) math class filled me with an incandescent rage.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Gonna take a stab this isn't a fix for if you have a physical cart, right?

Also, Brassius is such a nerd, I love him. Bow howdy, the framerate did not like ten Sunflora happily running along around me, though.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Streaming was a logical next step for a gym leader's gimmick, since Dragon guy from SwSh was a Social Media guy. His animation for Dynamaxing has him pause to take a selfie even.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Professor Gible for Teacher of the Year.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My partner really likes Grusha's scarf and I managed to find reasonable color matches from my usual source for yarn. So now I'm working on drafting up a concept pattern to knit it for him. Most difficult part is going to be the Pokeball on the end of it.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Scholtz posted:

You'll probably have better luck crocheting that ball if you know how, and if you don't a sphere is incredibly simple to do.

Here's a pattern for a pokeball:
https://www.theblueelephants.com/2016/09/crochet-ball-pokeball-pattern.html

Yeah, that's what I was figuring, especially since I am not the best at knitting in the round.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

I wonder, is Team Flare the last unambiguously evil Team we've gotten?

Team Rainbow Rocket.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I have found all of one Ditto, and that was only because I managed to fall off a cliff and onto a Grimer's head, which turned out to be said Ditto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I did Water third, and then Electric, because the last Pokemon in the Electric gym is very rude.