Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

That was ORAS, and SM hinted that Looker and Anabel were from the non-Mega timeline, which involves the GBA/DS games, and could explain the lack of Battle Frontier in the current timeline since you'd be missing Salon Maiden Anabel

Although we don't know where the Mega Frontier Brains are, and it'd be interesting if they showed up, doing other pastimes

Heck, make 'em Gym Leaders in Gen X to really screw with people, especially if they incorporate bits and pieces of their Frontier Brain gimmick into the fight

If Caitlin can graduate to Elite Four in another region, the other 9 Frontier Brains should be allowed to return. Teachers, Gym leaders, as a random tournament participant, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Dogmeat posted:

It would be neat if it flipped their Water type to Ice at least.

Ok, but if Game Freak won't buff the Ice Type, letting them punish other Pokemon by turning them into Ice Type is good.
Deep Chill, like Soak, but worse (for you)

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Pokemon Hopes and Dreams versions with Born from a Wish DLC

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Cleretic posted:

All I know about ScarVi's story is that it has to be related to that weird symbol in the Roaring Moon/Iron Valiant cave.

3/4 of the symbols on the title emblem are present in the game, lower right I couldn't find

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

indigi posted:

how many Pokémon designs do you think they come up with for each Pokémon that makes it into a game? I’d guess like 125 doodles/first draft sketches per mon/stage

A beta pink Shellos and Gastrodon was in a previous, unfinished RSE, iirc. Who could say of a generation what wasn't designed years ago for a different game.

HopperUK posted:

The gangtag is uploaded! I'm heading for bed now. Post if you want it.

Thanks so much Red for making this lovely tag!

Red's done amazing work here and in the horror thread, would love a tag.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Serebii lists Alpha, Titan, and Jumbo as separate marks for XXXL. Alpha and Titan marks would be mutually exclusive.
Breeding a Jumbo is still extremely rare, congrats on the Sneasel!

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Nessa posted:

Doing this is making me think about Pokémon that are missing and that I’d like to see. Like, we need more bivalves. Maybe a Psychic/Rock giant clam with Water Absorb. I’d also like to see a colossal squid and a vampire squid.

Disagree. They’d still exist. I love fossil Pokémon, but I refuse to use those ones because I hate them. I would only use fixed versions of them.

Didn’t know that! I think I missed getting Delphox.

Absolutely agree, we need more cephalopods.

The Galar Fossil Friends are fun, love those freaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

Trying to obtain all the Pokemon I can't otherwise get without downloading the DLC via the GTS (lol, lmao) and holy loving poo poo could they please put in an option to just hide all the people looking for Furfrous?
e: God damnit I thought I had the obvious answer, to just remove Furfrou from my Home... but it can't be transferred into any of the Switch games? Is that right?

Just fuckin' around a bit, and there's one where I get a page of Furfrou demands with all the boxes unticked, then when I tick "include people searching for legendaries", then I only get two results. Both Furfrous. What the hell.

Furfrou, like Ursaluna, isn't a legendary so the checkboxes won't unpollute listings.
However, going by Wanted Pokemon and offering something of value (nonEnglish mon, Legendaries, trade evolution, an extra Spectrier you got from Depositing a shiny) can get you better options than Searching.