Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Mega64 posted:

I like Pokemon, and I am NOT sorry.

ME TOO :shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lux Animus posted:

What kind of Pokémon are you?

A moist one.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

LMAO oh sweet Jesus this Gen's gonna rule.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

WarpDogs posted:

if you reverse the gif it's kinda like she's throwing up a jpg of a sandwich. just something to think about, about pokemon

You and I both know that sandwich is a hallucination.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Beezus posted:

Someone reminded me today that there's a sex lizard Pokemon and I've been mad about it for hours.

Why?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I dunno, it's like getting mad that bread exists.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Crawfish posted:

I know this is predominantly an american forum, but did anyone else here get the EU/AUS/NZ versions and choose someone other than weed cat?

I got myself a ditto and have secured some weed cat eggs i'm up for trading for access to fabulous duck and fire croc.

Would love a weed cat egg but I've already made a deal to exchange a cassoulet recipe for one and I don't want to renege on that. Honestly though I have no where near access at the moment to make you some top tier quaxly eggs. I need to transfer my breeding stable to start making proper battle beasts.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zore posted:

They also created the most insane move ever this gen

Population Bomb, 30 base power Multi-Hit move that hits between 1-10 times. And there's a held item that skews it to the upper end. And the Pokemon who gets it has Technician and a version of Dragon Dance that clears entry hazards.

I did some calculations on it and if you high-roll you can just delete literally anything that doesn't have an immunity or 4x resist.

Guess it mitigates them low stats with sheer skill alone.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lux Animus posted:

poo poo that sound effect was like crack to me

also go for it if you want no worries

Nah dude, you're getting that recipe. On that note I just found out the loving lunatics made it possible to put noodles and rice on your loving sandwiches. Guess I should've seen something like this coming what with the curries but reading that was like a punch in the face.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Crawfish posted:

Ah, no, I just meant that i'm looking to borrow peoples starters so I can make my own eggs of them and then return said starters to people.

Ah, well...sorry I'm going to be bit behind the curve as it is unfortunately. Good luck though!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

I know it's hard to see, but it says "with open arms" right there!

Least the subtitles match.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Is the game actually playable? Because reading about everyone's experience with it sounds like the thing barely functions. :(

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Should I just wait until a second patch is implemented to play?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

So doing a little homework I found the main cause of this poo poo is memory leak and the worst of it can be alleviated by restarting the game. Still they absolutely need to make a patch for this.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dr. Stab posted:

Probably more than just one memory leak.

It has to do with towns loading I believe.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SaberToothedPie posted:

My last 5 preorders: This game, elden ring, cyberpunk, no mans sky, diablo 3

20% is pretty bad

I was never into cyberpunk but did they ever manage to make that game playable?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SaberToothedPie posted:

I replayed it last month and they mostly fixed it.

Well at least we know they can eventually put this thing back to rights but launching it like this is loving dumb.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

New terror unlocked: I want to evolve the new mons but I don't know if they have requirements as for once I went in unspoiled. I sure hope Cruggy the weird berry dog hybrid doesn't need a certain move and phase of the moon to evolve so I can swap it out at some point :v:

You need to put your fidough in an oven.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

So is the jank fixable? Like can this be patched or is it just broken beyond all measure?

Seeing as the issue is memory leak if they identify the source it's patchable.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Wile E. Toyota posted:

So what did y'all name your bread dogs? :kimchi:

Canelé :3:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

IronicDongz posted:

That's certainly not the only thing making the performance bad. It's frequently bad right after starting up the game.

From what I heard that's the main issue going in but I'm hoping they wouldn't half rear end the second patch considering how poo poo this all is.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Feeling pretty comfortable about my decision to sit on my Scarlet game for a bit. Aux is setting me up with a weed kitty tomorrow but I'd like to wait bit until I can trade for a set of malicious armor as well.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

Check out it's stats, you will see why :getin:.

Gonna name mine Doflamingo because I shall never be free of my filthy weeb ways. Also glad to hear the physical copy is doing okay as that's what I've picked up.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Have any maps showing the pokemon locations been released yet?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

just beat klawf, this game is pretty neat

also koraidon reminds me of toothless from httyd? very catlike dragon. he's a big sweetie. :kimchi:

Best boi is the Flintstones dragon.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lux Animus posted:

Shinies make the sparkle and sound when you start a battle with them, not when you spawn them in like in PLA.
Source: "is that the lighting or is that a blue Shuppet staring at me?"

Hey Aux, finally ready for tradings now! Out of curiosity is it going to be an egg or a kitty?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

wizard2 posted:

the Home app said in unambiguous terms there was a banwave for "altered data" but as best as anybody can figure out they actually meant weird url spammers and particularly egregious hacks. and I still havent heard of somebody getting banned

Yeah that scared the poo poo out me so I mass deleted all the shiny url wonder trash I had. Really they were kinda useless as I could no longer use them to get the rare exchanges I wanted and a lot of them were just hideous. So far as I can tell they haven't noticed poo poo and I have access to everything so it's fine?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

-attempt to join random tera raid
-game tells me i'll be temporarily banned if i disconnect in the middle from poor internet
-join anyways
-game crashes when starting the raid
-still banned

okay but you understand that's not my fault, right gamefreak? you get that, right?

Gamefreak hates all of us lovely connection having westerners with the power of a thousand burning suns.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

kiminewt posted:

And another thing - in Brilliant Diamond I would box my entire party after every gym to make the game more difficult.

However, here because of the weird tristory system and the fact the game keeps throwing strong and varied pokemon at you this doesn't seem like that's a good method.

Anyone else has their own methods for increasing difficulty?

This has been a surprisingly difficult trek for me. Not quite on Legends par but it's up there. Mela was a loving slaughter machine I spammed my way through. It's also slowly begun to dawn on me that team Star is actually stronger than the gym leaders so that's pretty wild. Also Clavell is becoming one of my favorite characters and I did not see that coming. I thought he was going to be the secret villain or something but it turns out he's literally the embodiment of of "How do you do fellow kids!". He's a massive nerd and it's kind of adorable.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Calico Heart posted:

I literally cannot decide between Sprigatito and Fuecoco. I dislike Sprig stage one but their evo’s are very good whereas Fuecoco is perfect throughout. Problem is I like ghost Pokémon and wanna catch the new ones but knowing Fuecoco eventually goes ghost is turning me off it. Also I have always picked grass up to this point. I have a serious brain problem. Someone help me. This is a game for babies.

They got you young just like the rest of us. Just accept you're in the brain rot pit but you're in good company. Also you can just ask somebody for an egg and do both, it's working splendidly on my end.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Been playing a physical copy on handheld and I feel like i've dodged a bullet with the worst of the jank. Aside from occasional slowdown of npcs in the distance, phasing through doors once or twice, and the camera slightly dipping into a the ground once during a battle I haven't gotten anything really and I'm grateful.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Hammerite posted:

Just got through the desert zone to the west town. I appreciate them putting mazes back in the game, after all the routes in sword/shield that were barely disguised corridors. I like a good maze.

Me and Arven are apparently a pretty decent team. We finished off the Titan in only two turns.

Saw a Klawf hanging from a wall. Only problem was, it was two or three feet clear of the wall, hanging in the air.

My team now has 5 mons in it, I added Barbecute the Charcadet.

Finding a charcadet is an absolute motherfucker in this game. For presumably being everywhere they're extremely hard to find. Kinda had to give up my dreams of using a ceruledge because the one I caught has a modest nature. She's too well suited (heh) to being an armarouge.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I honestly do appreciate that this game has some simpler Pokémon designs. Kinda nice to have "just a flamingo" and "just some mice, but more" again. Feels like a return to Gen 1 designs.

Also Clodsire is one of my new favorite Pokémon ever. It's perfect.

I named mine Sploot because his natural position is like one of my cats dragging themselves across the carpet.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They just tell you 3 mons that can spawn in the general area pretty sure.

Yeah this, it's kind of frustrating to know a rare mon could show up but you have no loving idea where.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I've encountered Emilio the neckbeard and now my meta pokemon experience is complete.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

i just beat Mela and holy gently caress her walk cycle is incredible, 10/10 game of the year. I love this dumbass in her giant stompy boots

It get even better when you realize one of the Team star members is a weeb/larper and makes all their outfits according to their taste.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I'm going to be posting my review once I've finished the game. But for those upset thinking the games are forcing you into a set pattern just raid battle and pick up some exp. candies. I did Katy first just because she seemed the easiest but if you want to improvise from there the path is open.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 21, 2022

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Okay it's probably explained in one of the terrible terrible dialogue boxes I've been mashing through, but I do not understand the area numbers. The left side of the island it seemed obvious like oh okay so area twos seem to be like level 20+. But then this desert has mobs that are like 30+, but the trainers are all around my lower 20s level? So okay maybe i'll try exploring the right side. Oh area two is on the other side of area three, I guess I'm gonna to be needing to avoid really tough encounters for area three while I make my way to area two! Oh wait no, this Pokemon I just ran into in area 3 is level 14. What on earth?

I know people hate this kind of thing cause I guess it ruins the mystery of the open worldness, but I would love for it to just show a Pokemon level range on the map in each spot so I can get a better sense of things.

Go on serebii and look up poke-earth.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Non Compos Mentis posted:

He'll be alright down there

Unrealistic, fat floats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Finished last night and I'm planning on dropping my review bomb soon. Are spoilers still required at this point? Asking so I can make edits in advance. I'm going to the separate it into three parts; The bad, the good and the weird.