Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I saw a clip of the map just not loading and popping in and out during attacks and someone going 'the game is like this all the time'

Is it really a unplayable nightmare or did one person run into a bug and blow it out of the water. First pokemon game I've been interested in awhile and making me nervous

I did not see anything as bad as those tweets in my time with the game, but I did see some wacky poo poo. Clipped through a shop door once!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's mildly amusing that the raids look great, go fast and are silky smooth (as opposed to the open world stuff)

and the music is a #1 jam

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mesadoram posted:

This soundtrack so far has been awesome (especially Team Star's theme)

it says a lot about the quality of the OST that toby fox did half of it and the other half tried to match his energy and mostly nailed it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
found a wild Terastilized flying Meowth last night

I believe I said "eh this shouldn't be too bad" immediately before it one-shot my starter with loving Aerial Ace, a move Meowth learns for some reason

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also a good chunk of the NPCs in this game like...aren't white.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's wild how much stuff in this game just isn't surfaced, like the pokedex awards and the loving social link system with the teachers

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Scrap Dragon posted:

The what now?

Go back to the school. There's a ton more rooms to explore and you can talk to the teachers. Sometimes they'll ask you things and you can give answers that'll increase an invisible friendship meter with them. Doing classes will unlock more stuff and you get rewards at the end of the chain from each teacher like 10 Protein from the end of the battle studies teacher's line or 50 tera shards from the math teacher.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HopperUK posted:

oh my god the way the new Tentacruel-a-like just fuckin *books* it away from you. I had to bean it with a pokeball because no way was I catching it on foot.

woopwoopwoopwoopwoop

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
background spoilers I guess? love the Paldean lore you get from the history class about the country being ruled by an empire that start collapsing when the last emperor just started sending people into the crater en masse to find some kind of treasure he was totally convinced was there

"maybe if we throw enough people into the crater their corpses will make a staircase to the bottom!" - this guy, probably

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

barclayed posted:

idk if there's a dedicated scarlet/violet thread but like. y'all be real with me. is the game worth getting rn? because i am hearing some poo poo about it, but at the same time, some friends of mine are having a good time and it makes me a little torn.

If you can deal with the jank it's one of the best Pokemon games. If you can't, it isn't. It's pretty much that simple.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The fact that the 30, 40, and 50 year old NPCs are also students wearing the same uniform makes me think they just ran out of time

Man I like Pokémon and I liked sword and shield but this feels like it’s not even close to a beta

There's a ton of NPCs that aren't wearing the uniform and probably a greater overall npc model variety than sword/shield so I don't think that has anything to do with anything other than a deliberate choice

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vinylshadow posted:

Seems like it bugged out for a lot of people and only played the intro file

Song's a bop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4DybEiz7NI

yeah I know like two different people who got the bug it seems more common than a lot of the other Really Bad poo poo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I kind of feel bad for Katy and Brassius because every gym leader you're supposed to do after them have roughly 100% better and more memorable designs and personalities

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also late but the whole "Wow this game runs better if it's not an SD card" thing happens every time a new big switch game comes out and it's bizarre how everyone collectively forgets how it works when it comes up again

The game isn't magically performing better because you changed it over, it's because it was running worse to begin with when your SD card is a cheap knockoff that sucks rear end. If you have an actual decent SD card you're not going to notice a difference.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I thought poison types were immune to being poisoned?! Because my Clodsire is current poisoned and I’m confused!

Nope, they've always been poisonable. Steel's the only immune type.

e: wait, no, you're right. Maybe they changed that this gen?

e2: oh right Pokemon with Corrosion can still poison Poison-types

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Epilogue: I appreciate Pecharunt not having some secret motivation for revenge like Necrozma and appears to just be a real piece of poo poo, just a total little rear end in a top hat. They basically made Evil Celebi.