Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
What kind of Pokémon are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Thats a lot of dogs

Frankly not enough, but at least we can all agree on their goodness

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
do you have to buy the bread in this game?

or can you go into the sandwich shops and say, "can I have some bread? It's for a duck."

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Beezus posted:

Someone reminded me today that there's a sex lizard Pokemon and I've been mad about it for hours.

I hate lickitungs too man

now weepinbels are where it's at for us cool dudes :c00l:

- James
®~^uẘu^~ 🚀ROCKETS UNITE🚀 ~^uẘu^~®

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I am actually mad about the bread dog

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
the forbidden carb

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Blaziken386 posted:

apparently while overworld shinies are a thing, they got rid of the very very useful "hey there's a shiny here!!" sound effect that made PLA so good for fun sparkledog farming

poo poo that sound effect was like crack to me

Flopsy posted:

Would love a weed cat egg

also go for it if you want no worries

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Evil Fluffy posted:

All four of them you mean :eng101:

Begone.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Scholtz posted:

The clip function only caught the last frame of this so I had to up the brightness but lmaooo

lmao this gen rules

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

FoolyCharged posted:

the level 30 stuff doesn't obey you even though you're the one that caught it.

Their eggs would obey you, though

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
By the time I'd finished exploring the first area on foot and made it to the school town I somehow had evolved my starter cat once, caught a shiny Hoppip, and evolved a Happiny I'd caught holding an oval stone at lvl 7 into a Blissey at lvl 9...

Meanwhile a picnic at egg lvl 0 has netted nothing in the basket in close to an hour? Do I need to get the basket explained to me before eggs will appear or something?

Game is definitely underbaked in all kinds of areas.

E: ate a jam sandwich and one showed!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Shinies make the sparkle and sound when you start a battle with them, not when you spawn them in like in PLA.
Source: "is that the lighting or is that a blue Shuppet staring at me?"

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
BTW who the hell answers the phone when their secret boss calls them and they're hanging out with two bossy, nosy people, then puts them all on speakerphone??

I do birches :c00l:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Flopsy posted:

Hey Aux, finally ready for tradings now! Out of curiosity is it going to be an egg or a kitty?

Temp trade room (online mode): 25253636

It's an egg currently!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I used to give my guys 1x rare candy for hitting lvl 99 but now there's no rush to 100 for hyper training

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/StarLoveDeluxe/status/1594491710004166661?s=20&t=qEt4-fMq_gqnUkcokPGxSw

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Found a Red-flower Floetta (Fairy type that holds a flower) with Tera type Grass, which I thought was really cool because its Ability makes all Grass allies (intended for doubles battles, obviously) immune to status effects, which now include itself while it's Terastylized. Neat!

Tera transformations are gonna be such a strategic explosion, if this hasn't been made clear enough.

Other interesting tera finds: a Jolly Ice-Tera Charcadet, a male Water-Tera Pichu (future surfing Rai-guy?), a Jolly Steel-Tera Falinks (named 'The Horns' and wearing a Rocky Helmet ATM), among too many others, and I noticed that only one of the Tandemaus wears the Normal-tera diamond ring hat (all the single ladies?)!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
BTW in case anyone was wondering

:siren: SYNCHRONIZE NO LONGER AFFECTS ENCOUNTER NATURES :siren:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HopperUK posted:

I got a dragon-Tera wattrel and I don't know if it'll ever be useful but it looks neat.

I should take a pic of the Dragon-tera Finneon I caught it looked like I was fighting a western classic winged dragon with a fish-shaped body! I don't know if it looks good on all pokemon but for a first sighting for me it worked really well.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Blaziken386 posted:

what the gently caress

I tested it at the zone-in between the school town and the path to the elite 4 with an adamant Kirlia i'd already named 'Adamant' (:mad:), for a complete zone/wipe, and then also verified it from poketubers online

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Bleck posted:

That thing in Let's Go! where you could put little outfits on your Pikachu/Eevee except for every pokemon in the game.

They literally made a new battle system revolving around putting any of your pokemon in a fancy hat

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
christ almighty I am relieved as well by the Tinkaton line's designs because in the seedy early leaks online it was originally referred to as the 'loli with a hammer' line and I was v worried

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HopperUK posted:

Is there a better dedicated capture mon than kricketune?

Dreadnaw (chewtle evo) with false swipe and shell armor ability (no getting crit) is a good wall I already used in my first Gen8 capture run. Bring something else for grass and ghost.

Also Scythers learn false swipe and arent Kricketune

E: So does Falinks but mine's wearing a Rocky Helmet atm, so-

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Seriously though if you want an all-in-one (whether making a catching set or a gym-tackling set):

Breloom (with Spore, fighting/grass, & can learn False Swipe) is tough to beat, so long as it doesn't, like, look at a bird by mistake.

Shame the best new 'mon seems to be Maushold with Thunder Wave and Hyper Fang, IME.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

no, you got a B on your cake for his class. Are you even paying attention?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Wait the desert Titan is WHAT level????

https://twitter.com/StarLoveDeluxe/status/1594915918483959808?s=20&t=3mvdhpRSv0-DxhQRcMKgSg

R.I.P. 'The Horns'

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Barreft posted:

I broke his back and made him humble

B- is for Broken Back on your Humble Pie assignment

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Wile E. Toyota posted:

I found a pack of the dolphin Pokemon but I can't get it yet because I can't swim. :mad:

In the East near to the elec-gym town there you can actually walk quite far into the water "on the sandbars" as it were, on the way to the islands. I tried to catch gyarados and dolphin there, no problem on foot or dragonback.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 22, 2022

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Kinda weird that they have full moons in this game but no item to evolve Ursaring during one (PLA exclusive evo, I assume). Also no way to skip forward in time in ScarVio so it would be a real PITA to do, anyway

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Vinylshadow posted:

The sports chanting really doesn't work when there's like...three people watching the fight

The sports chanting doesn't really work when the X-type Gym leader Terastilizes their final, non-X-type pokemon to be X-type, the type you've been sweeping with a single pokemon all fight.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

How does this game look run and feel worse than arceus which came out… 10 months ago

pokemon: now with textures! battle system intact again!

sacrifices include: dramatically less clothing options, shadows that flicker and pop-in, a new white bar/line that appears on the left side of the screen when you press A to proceed dialogue while the camera is panning (missingno cousin?)... and so much more!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The fact that the 30, 40, and 50 year old NPCs are also students wearing the same uniform makes me think they just ran out of time

Man I like Pokémon and I liked sword and shield but this feels like it’s not even close to a beta

I think those forever-students are hilarious but I suppose if I stop to think beyond how funny/sad it is I would realize that none of those adult students can be seen on school grounds.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I feel like the Director should run a Star-gang for the older students....

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Frankly I miss my OP dodge roll and I wish my dragonbike would just step over the bugs and birds that I can't see on the ground.

It's also really weird to be locked in a fight to catch a Salazzle with all her male paramours watching and panicking in the background, and none of them are attacking me. She's your queen! Losers

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Also why did they not bring back the NPC to reset EVs.

This service was Isle of Armor DLC only in SwSh.

That said, with how easy everything else has become breeding/learning/training-wise, this is a very good point to bring up.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Flopsy posted:

pokémon

Hooray! :bravo:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
On the other hand, this is the first pokemon where there are NPCs in the modern towns who don't have anything to say to you and they look like they're on their smoke break outside the chain restaurant. Laziness or realism?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Please, no, I don't want to order the gogoat with the special sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Did anyone else find a wandering glowing normal-tera Torkoal in regions vaguely to the west of school?

Drought is so handy this generation, as are fire types... is Normal a good tera type for Torkoal, for STAB Rapid Spin and Explosion?