Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
can a Pokeball fail in a Terra Raid? havent seen this yet and Ive mostly been throwing the regular basic Pokeball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Large Testicles posted:

i haven't seen it happen in this game yet but it definitely could happen in sw/sh, it's dependent on the star ranking of the battle tho and i haven't done anything past 2 stars

yeah I lost a not insignificant number of Shinies in SwSh raids (mostly in the last month lol) so rn it feels "off" having a 100% catch streak on just regular Pokeball in a way I cant explain. my brain is saying, like... is the Pokeball just a cosmetic now?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
has anybody actually been banned from Home after that recent announcement? havent heard anything

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
the Home app said in unambiguous terms there was a banwave for "altered data" but as best as anybody can figure out they actually meant weird url spammers and particularly egregious hacks. and I still havent heard of somebody getting banned

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

oddium posted:

scyther gets false swipe and technician. and if you try real hard you can tera normal it

....define "try real hard"

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

barclayed posted:

idk if there's a dedicated scarlet/violet thread but like. y'all be real with me. is the game worth getting rn? because i am hearing some poo poo about it, but at the same time, some friends of mine are having a good time and it makes me a little torn.

three steps forward, two steps back, makes ppl angry

pretty standard Pokemon mainline

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
how is SV's Spanish translation?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Is there a way to see what your Tera Type bonuses and weaknesses are? even just an app or a website, bc I got a Psychic Tinkaton and that SEEMS like itd be a neat thing to me but I honestly dont know what it means or how exactly I benefit

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

TIL i have brainworms because i was annoyed when i foumd out there was no way to fully complete the pokedex without someone breeding starters from the get go and trading them to you. Im happy now because i might get the intensive therapy i need

if it makes you feel any better, youre not the first

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Been on a trip so out of the loop; they still haven’t patched the game? Have they said anything about it?

as far as Im aware: no and no!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I got a Tera Ghost Eevee in the event raids! How do I get high Friendship quick in Scarlet/Violet? Tera Ghost Umbreon seems like itd be fun

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Electric Phantasm posted:

Have you listened to it on youtube? There's a bug where it repeats the first few bars instead of playing the whole song.

I listened to the Elite Four song online before attempting in case I got hit by the bug and I did! wooow... bugged out its kind of like a worse version of the SMT3 combat preamble but it doesnt ever get started

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Flopsy posted:

I know the target audience is kids, I keep telling myself this--but goddamn can you little shits NOT bring your goddamn dragon into the raid for the fifteenth goddamn time!? It's maddening. I know they want to show off their special new pokemon I get it but Jesus Christ.

my team of 6 Mewtwos from back in the day says otherwise

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Is there a way to get HA Pokemon without an Ability Patch? If so, what would it take to get an HA Revavroom?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

HootTheOwl posted:

Is home compatibility up or do I have to wait a bit?

Spring 2023, supposedly!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
you cant be a Master Trainer unless you say no to drugs. I can live without being a Master Shiny Hunter too by not having this stuff memorized at a glance. relatively minor in comparison, I think.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Augus posted:

they are neat

its true

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Two Q's:

Is there a place anywhere that Annihilape be caught in the wild? I evolved one manually and I love him and want more.

Whats a good build for Dachsbun for raids? I mained mine for the story, it was great!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Kyrosiris posted:

From what I saw on streams, people were using Dachsbun as a mix of support and damage, yeah. Body Press for its main offense even if it isn't SE because all the fire damage is free defense boosts, and then Helping Hand and Misty Terrain to enable the Azumarills.

Makes sense! Any suggestions as to where to put my EVs? I have a bit of cleaning up to do, but when I could,I put my stat+ feathers in Attack and Speed, but dunno if Speed is needed for raids or what.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
What are people's favorite Gens besides 9 to revisit to do some Wonder Trade?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Got my first Ability Patch. What's a good mon to use it on? Probably will just use it on my starter, Meowscarada, but Im open to suggestions if theres anything particularly choice.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
What was the raid build for Koraidon? Is it the one that pops up on Google? Stack HP, Attack, moves Collision Course, Drain Punch, Fire Fang, Screech?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Hey nooby just buy a compote du fils meal for 2800 from the fanciest restaurant in Medali, you get egg power 2 for 0 ingredients and you’ll make that money back in a battle

whoa

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

OPAONI posted:

Umbreon doesn't sweep for poo poo, if that's what you're asking.

I tried on a Shiny Umbreon once. Tried and tried. Managed to get its Special Attack to a massive 240! This reminds me, tho, I can easily just wipe its EVs now and wait for Home support. Thanks! 🎉

I raised my little Sweeper Umbreon along side a Sweeper Sudowoodo. I dont know what Sudowoodo's reputation is as a Sweeper, but he was a loooot more fun an oddball mon to mess around with.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Hey does anybody have a 5 digit OT number? I have a 6 digit OT but my friend has 5. Does a 0 simply not display?

low........ :aaa:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Is there a trick or a build to farming cash off the tournament or do you just go in with whatever Pokemons and an Amulet Coin and start kicking rear end?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

pseudodragon posted:

The only shiny I've seen so far was a loving voltorb that decided to self-destruct rather than let me catch him :(

tale as old as time....

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Zokari posted:

i just realized that charmeleon is supposed to be like "chameleon"

nice

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
is a Dream Ball obtainable?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Pokemon eggs come from the moon and Seymour will one day be vindicated in the annals of science and history, this I promise you

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Kirios posted:

Lol this ending credits sequence.

ya

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Did anything change and Master Balls get passed down by breeding now? I assume no

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Diet Poison posted:

Absolutely. I coulda just used, like, one little side-quest per area. Just rip off the PLA ones. I liked having to go find that girl who was constantly getting lost. That would push the player into the more obscure corners of the world. My biggest beefs with this game were that it didn't force me to go places and both times I played I felt like I missed out on areas/content that isn't as fun when you're already done the game and have a strong team, and that there's not near enough NPCs in the game that actually do anything. The human population of Paldea should have been doubled.

yeah, Im back on Crystal on 3DS for a little bit as I type this to catch a Gen 2 Azumarill to train up and punt to Home. what caught my attention bc of your post just now is the deliberate(?) design choice(??) in Gen 9 of having to almost... freeform scavenger hunt down weakling opponents in a zone for a little treat at the end vs the regular JRPG constant onward and upward. kinda a bizarre direction to go in for npc trainer battles, IF its even on purpose.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Stux posted:

i would sinply put lower level pokemon in my team for areas w pokemon in lower thab me.

yeah i cant remember if you were the one that said but it was a really helpful tip i got from this thread! i ended up with three neat teams by the end vs one

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
searching anything to do with this game is so bad lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
my brain groans and says Berry Salesman and Lady Clear II will show up in the DLC zone but my heart just lmaos

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

HootTheOwl posted:

Just lose.
Unless you're nuzlocking fighting something much stronger than you is half the fun of open world

:yeah:

best advice I got from here

I cant speak for anybody but myself but i never once found myself in a position where I couldnt proceed since the game just bumps you back to Pokecenter vs something like THE THREAD OF PROPHECY HAS BEEN SEVERED BLAH BLAH

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

big black turnout posted:

How often do y'all decline to catch raid mons?

Ive passively filled up 16/32 boxes with neat but mostly useless mons just playing the game since release which is exciting but A) ive just begun to genuinely EV train my 3rd pokemon so its pretty crowded for not much gain, B) I dont actually have a general idea which Tera Type combos are worth keeping or not or what i should be striving for

I will knock out a second save once I start my perfect organized LivingDex bc forget going through all these boxes. God Bless This Mess!!!!

on the topic of whats good or not, does anybody have a Tera Type calculator? I found a 2 type calculator with the option for a 3rd type on type but it doesnt allow for doubling up on typings/the Tera Type bonuses

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
ya you get a second dino, basically for trades, LivingDex, in the future Home, whatever, in addition to your dinocycle bro from the plot that is always bound

I noticed that my Scarlet dino from the plot was Tera Dragon but the second dino was Tera Fighting (which is more advantageous if you like Collision Course)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I actually fell on my sword and gave away the second dino to my best PokéBro irl for his long term LivingDex, no real ideal way of going about it