Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

arrowdust posted:

After playing every gen except XY and except the remasters like FRLG, the battle system just felt samey and slow. I'm contemplating whether the battles in SV are different/faster enough to merit a playthrough, or whether I'm just done with the Pokemon franchise forever I guess.

pokemon?? feh...... meh

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

too good for this timeline. may the mew truck hit me and mandela me into a better world

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

this game is good but arceus was a much better experience in every regard so far. go back to routes and discrete areas for the next one, didn't work here

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

scyther gets false swipe and technician. and if you try real hard you can tera normal it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Asked the pokecenter where to go, said to head to the fighting star base

I have no idea how to actually get there :negative:

y is the map

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

found a shiny pig and didn't realize it had take down before false swiping it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Forsythia posted:

Maybe it's that I think that Legends Arceus did a similar concept far better, with more style and structure.

yep

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hopefully they don't mess up legends ho oh like they did with scarlvio

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

ive only seen fancy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if only it looked better

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

worms butthole guy posted:

2. With the open world, how often do you run into Pokecenters? One thing I always hated about pokemon was how your party didn't renew health wise after each battle and i'm guessing its still the same.

there's three pokemon centers in this picture

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Vegastar posted:

I tested this in the discord with the lake that usually runs like poo poo up north and took clips of both:

https://gfycat.com/greedydefenselessdairycow SD Card

https://gfycat.com/pleasedinsignificantallosaurus system memory

Both off a fresh reboot of the game.

I’m not convinced, but I’m gonna leave it in system memory and see if it improves performance over time I guess.

you missed a shiny

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Wish there was a step counter or something to indicate how many steps you've done, cause walking around the top of the lighthouse for 15 minutes and not getting the evolution is really disheartening

bring back the poketch

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Wile E. Toyota posted:

I found two items in a cave and couldn't pick them up. Saved and reset the game, and they're gone. I wonder if they went into my inventory or if they're just gone forever. Anyone figured that out?

Edit: I ran away from the cave and came back and they respawned... still can't pick them up. :mad:

if you see it again try switching your lead pokemon with a pokemon that uses a different ball and see what happens to the ball on the ground

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i did arven first and i don't remember him saying anyone's name, he says something to the effect of "we'll need [orange text]someone who's good at battling and [orange text]someone who's good at hacking

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

looking at all the black cards in magic that require you to pay life: uh.... is this a misprint. if i lose life i lose the game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

There’s probably some overwrought meta gaming reason to use recoil moves that the people who take games made solely to sell toys and hook further generations of grade schoolers into a trillion dollar multimedia franchise every few years way too seriously could expand on but yeah they all suck.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Just don’t use the boxes if you feel like that’s too easy for you.

People always seem to forget these games are primarily for young children and are competing with a bunch of other frictionless poo poo for their attention and the resulting pester-power they can generate.

nasa weather voice or whatever: a class 3 Genuine Freak is developing and will be gathering strength as it posts downthread

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

incredible

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

would maybe notice tauros

impossible. the next 100 tandemaus i see could be shiny and it would be impossible to tell

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hate to see my friends play singles

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

delcatra: hey glimmora

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm going to use sandy shocks anyway

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it says here the duplication glitch requires a lack of good moral character

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

being underleveled is the only thing that makes the single player game hard which is why hg is the best. also the best setting and story

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Augus posted:

her dragons are not dying in one hit from a loving level 22 swinub lmao

skill issue

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

baton pass

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Baller Ina posted:

So like, Growth I guess? What buffs spa in gen 2, I don't remember

x spatk

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

pokemon don't evolve just out in the overworld anymore?? they evolve in some spacey background cutaway scene

e: oh it was just azurill ??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it wasn't an egg it was azurill evolving. who then was able to evolve again in the overworld even though i hadn't moved at all

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

charizard posted:

PSA :
Azumarill is bugged!!! Do not use it!!!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what happens if freeze dry and scald were to collide

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Freeze dry would win because it is super effective against water.

yeah but scald unfreezes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

arceus is so good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

on the other hand arceus is the second best mainline game and the third best overall

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the more an arceus hater talks about why they didn't like arceus the more you come to pity them. may one day you find joy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Stux posted:

i found joy its called Pokemon Scarlet And Violet For Nintendo Switch

it's definitely in the upper half of mainline titles

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Stux posted:

as for pity, thahts how you have to feel watching anyone enjoy pla. like watching a dog entertained by a simple ball. on the one hand its nice, something so simple entertaining them. on the other hand, theyre a barely sentient animal wallowing in their own filth unable to comprehend anything higher.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you taught them to do that?? by showing them how to do it?? and also you do it even when they're not around ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the real elite 4 is the school tournament