Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hello again friends and welcome to another round of the AEW Prediction Game

Form can be found here - https://forms.gle/hHpRtfeDk45Ff1w6A

Here are the criteria I use for point values (in no particular order)
1: Match importance
2: General Hype
3: My own hype
4: How hard it could be to predict

"Hype" is sort of a catch all for just like "drat this match is going to rule" and also a good storyline/build. The top three get 15/10/10 values and then the rest are 7/5/3 just based on general feel.

For the main event prop, generally I would call the finish dirty if doing something illegal directly results in the finish. Sort of a "I'll know it if I see it" thing.

There's not as many prop bets as there have been in the past because I wasn't really feeling it for a lot of the matches, or the ones I could think of were too much for me to keep track of. But if you could add a prop bet to a match that didn't have one (without copying one already in use), tell us what it would be!so I can steal it for use in a future prediction game

e: no the Eddie/Akiyama match isn't in here because I posted it as soon as they went off the air I GUESS THAT'S A LESS ON I NEED TO LEARN FOR NEXT TIME :argh:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cannot wait to see how badly I do this time!

Edit: Also I choose to believe that "Samosa Joe" is not a typo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

Cannot wait to see how badly I do this time!

Edit: Also I choose to believe that "Samosa Joe" is not a typo.

He's fat OP

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

He's fat OP

Who is your source on this? I want to see and hear video proof!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

Who is your source on this? I want to see and hear video proof!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Now that I am an AEW expert I hope to do better than the 65th place I got last time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

You’re missing a Zero Hour match. THE Zero Hour match.

Edit: okay fine. I pick Eddie anyhow.

Thanlis fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 19, 2022

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Am I supposed to get an email with the choices I picked? I clicked Back after I submitted the form to take screenshots of my selections but the form was blank and now I'm not sure if my votes were even counted :downs:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

In general there seems to be more consensus on this pape than the last. It’s probably gonna come down to the ROH title match.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

apophenium posted:

Am I supposed to get an email with the choices I picked? I clicked Back after I submitted the form to take screenshots of my selections but the form was blank and now I'm not sure if my votes were even counted :downs:

Nope, no email, but they're all in there so you're good.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Everyone's responses

Nobody believes in The Factory yet, they need one hero to get the ball rolling

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My prop bet would be how many times will the Acclaimed scissor during their match

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just got the gut feeling that the booking of this PPV is gonna piss me off. I'm fine with Mox losing but I have some horrible feeling that the BCC is also gonna break up for some stupid reason, which WOULD legitimately turn me off AEW.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have that gut feeling too

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

i have that gut feeling too

:(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let's **** (crap) our drat guts out baby

when i said that, that was designed to imply that we would be clearing out our 'gut' and createing fresh feelings. edit

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Nov 19, 2022

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I pick Akiyama :c00lbert:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Detailed prediction for the main event finish:

MJF is serious about winning without help, but he can't put Mox away clean, and eventually finds himself with an opportunity to use Regal's knucks and goes for it. Mox kicks out anyway. With no other options except losing with dignity, MJF accepts the ring from a cackling Stokely, and this is enough to finish Mox. The Firm comes out for a post-match beatdown and Regal tries to intervene, and this time MJF hits him with the ring too

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think that MJF is going to look like he's winning over Mox, so Regal decides to finish the job by popping Mox in the jaw with the knucks. So in short I think Fuchs is right and should sturdy his soul. And I think The Elite are going to go over, royally pissing off everyone else too.

SG Bamboo posted:

Now that I am an AEW expert I hope to do better than the 65th place I got last time

The way things are going, there may only be 64 entries!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't think people will be pissed off if the Elite win. I love Death Triangle and I want them to win so they're not just interim champs but the Elite are rad too

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
PAC is going to give Fenix the tiny hammer but Ray will honourably throw it away. Then the Bucks will give him stereo superkicks with little hammers glued to the souls of their shoes.
e: meanwhile Rick Knox picks his nose

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Rarity posted:

I don't think people will be pissed off if the Elite win. I love Death Triangle and I want them to win so they're not just interim champs but the Elite are rad too

I think the trios scene just doesn't need the Elite right now as much as other divisions. I know Tony was saving the belts for them initially, but Death Triangle ran with it and should be rewarded plus HOB returning is a potentially hot angle. DT doesn't deserve to lose the belts when the feud had no real buildup beyond pretaped teasers.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
I would be super bummed if DT don't win but I bet on The Elite anyway.

Also I never considered BCC would break up tonight. That would actually bum me out too. Unless Regal betrays them and Yuta steps up to keep the BCC going somehow.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Gonna do so good this time.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ready to lose

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Argggh ... keep flip flopping on some of these choices!!!

Why does the booking have to be so good!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I was joint second last time so I'm willing to bet I'm not equalling or beating that this time round.

As for other things, is the Toxx thread still around? I can't see it anywhere and I fully believe mine will be fulfilled tonight.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
BCC breaking up (or at least having some splintering) would be fine to me, primarily because I want Danielson freed up to do his own poo poo sometime in the next six months. I wouldn't mind it if the ROH four way led to dissension between both Danielson/Claudio and Jericho/Sammy

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
HoB returns to attack Death Triangle with their new secret weapon: perfectly normal sized hammers

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i hosed up the elite match position bet because i couldn't read and i included the pre show match count lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i hosed up the elite match position bet because i couldn't read and i included the pre show match count lol

if it makes you feel better at least four other people did the same (unless there are two people who legitimately think it will be the main event)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Thanks for putting this together!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
going to be plenty wrong this time. thanks for putting this together again icephoenix!

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

I'm guessing I'll be wrong, but it'll be fun to be wrong on this card.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Just did the fastest picks humanly possible, let's goooo

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Open up the prediction thing I forgot to do it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Open up the prediction thing I forgot to do it

yeah sure

I'm gonna open it until the end of the preshow but anything between now and then will forfeit preshow points

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I picked the wrong answers to the preshow, rest is locked in.

Thanks!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rw4MwGseoAUj3Keuy2A9fuTdq_GDlKfU-NQIuAQUcKs/edit?usp=sharing

rantmo 88
Dacap 85
IcePhoenix 85
BodyMassageMachine 83
Fentry 82
lead pipe cinch 81
RandolphCarter 80
ArgenBlargen 80
The Taxman 80
Beepo 79

Time of the beef match was 9:55

Obviously that finish was dirty as hell