Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
News: The World Cup is here!

Views:

Based on the data available, Qatar loving stink, Ecuador are going to win the whole thing, and every non-Qatar match is going to be completely deserted.

This is the thread for posting about things that happen during the group stage. Someone else can do the MDT today though. Excited to spend my lunch break watching England, miss half Senegal-Netherlands on my way home, and eat my tea watching the usmnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
EA knew all along, long live EA FC

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/statu...ld-cup-25564465

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

the sex ghost posted:

and every non-Qatar match is going to be completely deserted.

quote:

"Qatar 2022 is finally here and we celebrated with a mesmerising opening ceremony, passion in the stands and exciting football on the pitch," Nasser Al Khater, the chief executive of FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, said.

"Our nation is gripped by football fever and the party will last all the way to the final on 18 December."

The Qataris were gripped by so much football fever and passion they all had to leave halfway through yesterday's game, apparently

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Apart from today it's proper wall to wall football all day this week and i'm glad i have the week off

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Crossposting from whatever thread

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

the sex ghost posted:

Crossposting from whatever thread

saudis: :orb:

qatar: :dong:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Argentina - Saudi Arabia should be insanely funny judging by Iran's performance

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Argentina - Saudi Arabia should be insanely funny judging by Iran's performance

It was

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I heard ARgentina got 3 goals DQ'd

was it legit

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Alan Smithee posted:

was it legit

yes and it was funny

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Alan Smithee posted:

was it legit

Very legit, all three pretty clearly offside

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

I don't think having half an arm ahead of the defender should make you offside tbh

Still funny tho

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Not really sure which thread to put this in so going with the general discussion one but I've been enjoying Match of the Day's Top 10s with Lineker, Shearer and Micah Richards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0dc9xq8/match-of-the-day-top-10-world-cup-2022-alan-and-micahs-alltime-world-cup-xi

Mainly worth watching for Micah Richards tbh but the dynamic between the three is good fun.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Alctel posted:

I don't think having half an arm ahead of the defender should make you offside tbh

Still funny tho

Me neither. Nor do the rules, thankfully. What about the Argentinian with the shoulder ahead though?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
. Wrong thread

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

TheRat posted:

Me neither. Nor do the rules, thankfully. What about the Argentinian with the shoulder ahead though?

Still not offside

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

fridge corn posted:

Still not offside

Pardon?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

fridge corn posted:

Still not offside

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m battered from attempting to watch three out of the four games today. Forgot how loving much football there is.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Quoting for posterity:

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I’m still doing big lols that Argentina and Germany both blew 1-0 leads against *checks notes* Saudi Arabia and Japan

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Aggro posted:

I’m still doing big lols that Argentina and Germany both blew 1-0 leads against *checks notes* Saudi Arabia and Japan

It's very funny OP

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Belgium should have lost too, life is weird.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

T Bowl posted:

Belgium should have lost too, life is weird.

it's a funny old game

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
My friend who wants to become Canadian because he is convinced the USA will be a desert that averages 120 degrees fahrenheit days most of the year in the next 10 years is visiting Canada now and he said they are "very positive people about the game" when it was going on when he went to a bar. I remember going to a beer garden 8 years ago for USA vs Belgium and all the USA support being nothing but blind positivity too... it's a funny old game indeed. He is broke brained because of recent politics and hyperbolic climate talk so now he wants to be Canadian and is probably rooting for them over his home country lol.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Aggro posted:

Japan is a legit good side though

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Hansi poo poo

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

vyelkin posted:

it's a funny old game

indeed

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

A game of two halves, you might say

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
A game where two teams play for 90 minutes and then the Germans…oh……wait…..what?!

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

https://twitter.com/RobertoRojas97/status/1595884769614909440

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

That’s a phwoar

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/CrosbyNicky/status/1595904923216281600

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
What the gently caress? Some of you might be saying but I don’t blame you.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Goodness gracious me

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Herve owns

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

that rules

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails