Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

I don't think having half an arm ahead of the defender should make you offside tbh

Still funny tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

The interpretator giving it his all too

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Dunno where to put this but thanks to the guy who does the rundown of the refs in the matchday threads, I find it interesting.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

chaoslord posted:

Here is something interesting pointed out in a ref forum

https://streamable.com/gxsg01

-France scored the goal
-Conger blew for kickoff
-Immediately after the kickoff, Conger blew for full time.
-VAR got in touch to review the goal

The problem here? (I suspect some of y’all will have spotted it) They kicked off before VAR intervened. Once they kicked off, VAR’s ability to intervene went out the window.

Can’t imagine the crap show that would be about to happen if this change in result mattered. If I am France, I would be appealing this as it’s a matter of fact and not judgment, but since it didn’t change anything FIFA may try to convince them to just let it go and hope it doesn’t really get noticed

I thought that was what happened but then it went to VAR and they restarted the game like everyone just forgot he blew for full time