Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
hey everyone, i wanted to share a funny billboard i saw while in rhode island. the billboard was an advertisement for the 'cracker barrel' restaurant saying it was 22 miles away. this was funny because who the hell is gonna say "oh man cracker barrel im gonna travel halfway across the state to get there"? not me, that's for sure - even if i were to start heading over to the cracker barrel, i'd surely come by some much better restaurants on the way!

also, sorry to go off-topic, but another somewhat related funny thing i saw was next to our hotel there was a restaurant called "aroogas". i thought that was a pretty funny name for a restaurant, lol!

bye!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I saw a McDonald's billboard one time that implied that the guy would like to have sex with a cheese burger can you imagine that?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
buddy, they won't even let me gently caress the double cheeseburger

wait a second, i'm getting some updated info... apparently i can gently caress the double cheeseburger!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lol rhode island be tiny

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
what if it was called chode island lol

edit: or load island, "load" referring to cum lmao

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
22 miles is maybe halfway across my mega-city. What kind of baby state do you live in? lmao

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go offline for a bit. There's a radiation storm coming and it's not safe to be above ground anymore.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Roumba posted:

22 miles is maybe halfway across my mega-city. What kind of baby state do you live in? lmao

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go offline for a bit. There's a radiation storm coming and it's not safe to be above ground anymore.

i mentioned in the OP that the state was rhode island, and i also mentioned getting a hotel and given that the state is so small it wouldn't make sense to stay at a hotel if i lived in the state so from that context you could reasonably deduce that i don't live there. i appreciate the engagement on this post but please read the thread! :)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
RI be crazy like that op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Op you should also know that here in New England you are always only 22 miles from a Cracker Barrel restaurant

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I've never actually been inside a cracker barrel, do they have any distinctive food/claim to fame or is it just a generic low-end chain like Ground Round or Houlihan's

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

also, voted 5 on this thread, suggest everyone else does the same

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I've never actually been inside a cracker barrel, do they have any distinctive food/claim to fame or is it just a generic low-end chain like Ground Round or Houlihan's

The food is generic “Southern” slop.

The restaurants have a store at the front that sells kitschy poo poo and probably Trump paraphernalia depending on location.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Snow Cone Capone posted:

They got a store inside that sells toys and assorted folksy tchotchkes.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Op you should also know that here in New England you are always only 22 miles from a Cracker Barrel restaurant

lol i'm from ma so i'm familiar with cracker barrel's ubiquity - just one more reason that it was so funny they felt the need to advertise one 22 miles away! i used to go down to ri sometimes too when i was in high school to go to an arcade i later learned was owned and run by a pedophile that only got into arcade games so he could pick up 14 year olds at conventions

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Snow Cone Capone posted:

its bad southern food served with a side of horrible racism and lovely general store

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

garfield hentai posted:

lol i'm from ma so i'm familiar with cracker barrel's ubiquity - just one more reason that it was so funny they felt the need to advertise one 22 miles away! i used to go down to ri sometimes too when i was in high school to go to an arcade i later learned was owned and run by a pedophile that only got into arcade games so he could pick up 14 year olds at conventions

There was a pizza place in the town I used to live in called Fun House Pizza and I only ever passed by it but I imagine it was created for the same reason as that arcade. I think it was also beside a Cracker Barrel.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The food is generic “Southern” slop.

The restaurants have a store at the front that sells kitschy poo poo and probably Trump paraphernalia depending on location.

Bro Dad posted:

its bad southern food served with a side of horrible racism and lovely general store

bossy lady posted:

They got a store inside that sells toys and assorted folksy tchotchkes.

:thanks:

remember to vote 5

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
voted 5

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

garfield hentai posted:

the billboard was an advertisement for the 'cracker barrel' restaurant saying it was 22 miles away. this was funny because who the hell is gonna say "oh man cracker barrel im gonna travel halfway across the state to get there"?

Pfft, only 22 miles? Buddy, let me tell you about a place called Wall Drug.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

garfield hentai posted:

i mentioned in the OP that the state was rhode island, and i also mentioned getting a hotel and given that the state is so small it wouldn't make sense to stay at a hotel if i lived in the state so from that context you could reasonably deduce that i don't live there. i appreciate the engagement on this post but please read the thread! :)

Fair enough, but folks, I may be sick as poo poo right now, near-delerious with the flu or probably the 'vid, but is this guy trying to tell us that there's an island that is entirely its own state?

Like, as if there's some kind of internal America-Austraila situation or some poo poo going on that I ain't never heard of? Preposterous.

e: Ahhh nuts. It actually turned out to be COVID :(

Roumba fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 22, 2022

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
lol i looked it up and it's named 'rhode island' off of this dinkity rear end little fella on the right here

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Did crackers used to come in barrels?

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
oh also here's where the cracker barrel is

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Crackhead Barrell

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
we used to sell things to cracker barrell for their weird rear end gift shop

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Neukoln19 posted:

Crackhead Barrell

lol that's just rhode island in general!! (jk no offense to anyone who lives in rhode island!)

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Heh I've seen some hilarious billboards in my day but oh man this one takes the cake.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Op did you see the giant blue ant in Providence

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

fucker barrel

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
one time I filled out the complaint form on cracker barrel.com. As soon as you click the complaint button you get a popup asking you if its because they were racist to you

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Op did you see the giant blue ant in Providence

yes AND the next day we went to worcester and that company had another location there but they didn't have a giant ant outside! what a ripoff!!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
22 miles. Man. You have given a wonderful perspective of how truly small Rhode Island is.

I swear there are 60 mile stretches of road in SE WA that don't even have a gas station.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Grundma posted:

one time I filled out the complaint form on cracker barrel.com. As soon as you click the complaint button you get a popup asking you if its because they were racist to you

'on a scale of 1 to 10, how satisfied were you with our racism. 1 = no racism, 10 = uncle jimmy halfway through a nascar race.'

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Jelly posted:

22 miles. Man. You have given a wonderful perspective of how truly small Rhode Island is.

I swear there are 60 mile stretches of road in SE WA that don't even have a gas station.

It is the smallest state op

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Never once did I ever get any crackers at a Cracker Barrel. They don’t bring crackers out with your food. There are no crackers for sale in the gift shop. American hypocrisy at its best. :colbert:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

garfield hentai posted:

yes AND the next day we went to worcester and that company had another location there but they didn't have a giant ant outside! what a ripoff!!

Worcester has the giant Polar bear. You can’t have two giant mascots in the same city otherwise they will fight.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

garfield hentai posted:

oh also here's where the cracker barrel is

your weird state makes me SICK

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Buce posted:

your weird state makes me SICK

What state is that anyways? Drippsylvania? :thunk: