Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Side you're looking forward to on Thanksgiving
This poll is closed.
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy 15 17.24%
Stuffing 32 36.78%
Green Bean Casserole 6 6.90%
Rolls 6 6.90%
Cranberry Sauce 6 6.90%
Sweet Potatoes 8 9.20%
Pies 14 16.09%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

So what would Jacobs actually get per year on the free agent market?

He's better than Fournette who the Bucs gave 3/21 last year. Probably about as good as a RB is going to do these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So what would Jacobs actually get per year on the free agent market?
Maybe something in the Aaron Jones range of $10-12m per. I see the overall RB market being depressed but Jacobs is very much high end.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
the raiders should just tag him for a year

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

How many will actually get another contract with their current team? Probably Pollard, Barkley and Jacobs?

I actually think the Seahawks will bring back Penny again on a short, team friendly contract. The team clearly likes him, he knows the system, and he has shown real talent, he is just an injury machine.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pron on VHS posted:

I’m so jealous of Seahawks that they get a top 5 draft pick despite being a pretty good team, what a juicy position to be in

Hahahah, Lions too, right guys? Right?

Anybody.....anybody wanna be jealous of the Lions? :smith:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Lifespan posted:

I actually think the Seahawks will bring back Penny again on a short, team friendly contract. The team clearly likes him, he knows the system, and he has shown real talent, he is just an injury machine.

Eh, why bring back an injury prone RB who was easily replaced by a much better performing rookie.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

the raiders should just tag him for a year

The Raiders declining his option and then tagging him for more than the option would have been is insanely Raiders

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lifespan posted:

I don’t really see the point in bringing him back if he can’t stay healthy. Walker is the bellcow, they just need a couple of guys who can help carry the load and Penny can’t do that because he can’t stay in the field.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t really see the point in bringing him back if he can’t stay healthy. Walker is the bellcow, they just need a couple of guys who can help carry the load and Penny can’t do that because he can’t stay in the field.
He'll stay healthy when not being asked to be the bellcow :hmmyes:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Walker is RB1 for sure, but the team has had a hard time finding any depth at the position. I would rather have Penny taking the back up with the chance that limited snaps may improve his longevity than other options they have now, especially at the low price they can likely offer. Of course the team has a lot of picks and loves RBs so who knows who will show up.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Foreman is going to be a FA as well and he's looked very good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

2023 Free Agent RBs:

- Josh Jacobs
- Saquon Barkley
- Miles Sanders
- Tony Pollard
- David Montgomery
- Kareem Hunt
- Jamaal Williams
- Damien Harris
- Jeff Wilson, Jr.
- Devin Singletary
- Raheem Mostert
- Rashaad Penny

How many will actually get another contract with their current team? Probably Pollard, Barkley and Jacobs?

None of these guys will get contracts that will work out for the teams.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lifespan posted:

Walker is RB1 for sure, but the team has had a hard time finding any depth at the position. I would rather have Penny taking the back up with the chance that limited snaps may improve his longevity than other options they have now, especially at the low price they can likely offer. Of course the team has a lot of picks and loves RBs so who knows who will show up.

He’s always played limited snaps! He has 337 attempts in almost 5 years. Derek Henry had 378 attempts in a single year. Penny averages 8 attempts a game when he’s active. He’s never been the feature back and still can’t stay on the field.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

FizFashizzle posted:

Foreman is going to be a FA as well and he's looked very good.

Foreman is criminally underrated and I'm kinda pissed he only got 2mil after filling in admirably for Henry.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I am here for Urban Meyer slander https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1597256373271932928?t=sNestoVbDOIsSOfqxra3QA&s=19

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This was fantastic, thank you for sharing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So what happened to Peterson in Philly, anyway? Just time ran out?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Awesome when you see good coaches reach players who previously had to work with just massive assholes

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

MJeff posted:

So what happened to Peterson in Philly, anyway? Just time ran out?

They had to choose between him and Wentz.

They chose poorly but somehow its worked out.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

They had to choose between him and Wentz.

They chose poorly but somehow its worked out.

Seemed at the time that he was on the losing side of a power struggle with Howie. How much that affected the on field product is hard to say, but it always does.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the ravens should pay jacobs 14 million

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s always played limited snaps! He has 337 attempts in almost 5 years. Derek Henry had 378 attempts in a single year. Penny averages 8 attempts a game when he’s active. He’s never been the feature back and still can’t stay on the field.

He was RB1 this year before the injury and spent time as RB1 last year... before injury. He missed his first couple of seasons and was behind Carson until he had to retire... because of injury. So what I am trying to say is that you should draft RBs in the first round and it's a good idea to lock them down with long, expensive, fully guaranteed contracts.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/1597369505256128513?t=9AA5---O9mgBVsNlqOKOog&s=19

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What does Christian McCaffery's knee have to be so irritated about?!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Lifespan posted:

He was RB1 this year before the injury and spent time as RB1 last year... before injury.

On paper he may have been RB1 but he’s never really been used that way outside of about a month last season. He’s just fragile, even when rarely used.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It's not slander if it's true! :eng101:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Between Coughlin and Urban, the Jags must have really been a hell organization to play under. They didn't even look like they were having any fun last season until their final game of the year.

At least Pederson has them looking like a real football team again.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Aaron Donald sprained his ankle

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

Why do we want this idiot on the roster. Maybe this means CEH is done for the year and Rojo is now RB3 and Gordon goes to the practice squad for good

I don't want Melvin Gordon but I had to remind myself yesterday that CEH was actually injured and not benched because all of the other RBs are better. I have stopped having any hope for him at all.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rbs. i don't know what to do about mixon. will you give me soething for him. look at his game against the caroline panthers.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Lamar should have said Never did dick but eat poo poo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Every team should burn a pick between rounds 3 and 6 every year on an RB because eventually you're going to get a loving stud and don't have to pay anyone a stupid contract.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

BlindSite posted:

Every team should burn a pick between rounds 3 and 6 every year on an RB because eventually you're going to get a loving stud and don't have to pay anyone a stupid contract.

This. Bucs have been doing this and finally seem to have found one.....after dropping $7m per year on Fournette.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

this rules. im debating adopting the jags as my #2 team while the bucs go back to the basement. love doug pederson and starting to really like T Law as well

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BlindSite posted:

Really can't argue with this logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
Week 13 is here!