Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Side you're looking forward to on Thanksgiving
This poll is closed.
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy 15 17.24%
Stuffing 32 36.78%
Green Bean Casserole 6 6.90%
Rolls 6 6.90%
Cranberry Sauce 6 6.90%
Sweet Potatoes 8 9.20%
Pies 14 16.09%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sean10mm posted:

The 2007 Patriots were insanely dominant for like the first 10 games and then rapidly came back down to earth.

god that Baltimore game was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Rex Ryan's greatest timeout ever.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sean10mm posted:

The 2007 Patriots were insanely dominant for like the first 10 games and then rapidly came back down to earth. Meanwhile the 2007 Giants had a loaded roster but played dumb as poo poo until the playoffs.

Everyone acts like the Pats losing to them was OMG SO RANDOM LOL but they only beat the Giants by 3 in the regular season finale, a game where the Pats wanted to run up the score to chase various records.

I'm still mad about that Ravens game from that year with Kyle Boller starting. that should have been the one to break the regular season. I mean freaking Kyle Boller and the 4-8 Ravens almost beat one of the best teams in history.

Suggs or Bart Scott or someone almost had a sack that would have killed the Pats game winning drive or something?

I mean I'm thankful for the Giants of course, but that would have been a hell of a loss.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

god that Baltimore game was incredible.

We've suffered enough this weekend

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

2007 was pretty fun, even with that ending

Nov 6, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

I'm still mad about that Ravens game from that year with Kyle Boller starting. that should have been the one to break the regular season. I mean freaking Kyle Boller and the 4-8 Ravens almost beat one of the best teams in history.

Suggs or Bart Scott or someone almost had a sack that would have killed the Pats game winning drive or something?

I mean I'm thankful for the Giants of course, but that would have been a hell of a loss.

They stood up Brady on a sneak on 4th down they had to have, but it turns out Rex Ryan called a timeout right before the snap lol.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I love Eli Manning.

Also Jared Lorenzen, Super Bowl champion :rip:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Redeye Flight posted:

The 2007 Patriots will never, ever stop being funny. It's got to be a top 5 biggest pratfall in the history of professional sports. That was a team at the height of a type of dominance not seen since the 1960s butchering everything in its path, on the verge of setting a new standard of perfection, and then they run into the Bugs Bunny incarnate of teams and get flung off a cliff while holding a cartoon bomb. They went undefeated up to the Super Bowl in 2007 and then the next year they don't even make the playoffs, thanks to losing at home to the New York Football Jets.

It's so good. It's the kind of thing you could never get away with writing in fiction, only reality is outlandish enough for it to happen.

Randy Moss was kindof ridiculous. loving lol that they got him for a fourth.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anyway, the Rams would like to sim til end of season please

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1597027692024823810

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

Randy Moss was kindof ridiculous.

The game I posted above was from SNF. Earlier that day TO scored 4 touchdowns.

So Moss scored 4 in the first half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1PCOZTV21k

Kalli fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 28, 2022

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Lol

https://twitter.com/KenIngalls/status/1564077949242032128?t=nGNaL1cL8AmTRCiJ_w_Fqg&s=19

Nov 6, 2002

What if he's assassinated?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
One of the funnier things about the 07 Pats is the playoff game against the Jags. Del Rio made a big deal about how they were going to bottle up the Pats high scoring offense and weren't going to be beat by Moss. And hey they held Moss to 1 Reception for 14 yards. They did that by completely ignoring the short passing game and Tom just constantly got 5 yard passes off all day going 26 of 28 and Welker had 9 receptions on 10 targets for 54 yards. It might have been one of the dumbest games I have ever watched.

Nov 6, 2002

syzpid posted:

One of the funnier things about the 07 Pats is the playoff game against the Jags. Del Rio made a big deal about how they were going to bottle up the Pats high scoring offense and weren't going to be beat by Moss. And hey they held Moss to 1 Reception for 14 yards. They did that by completely ignoring the short passing game and Tom just constantly got 5 yard passes off all day going 26 of 28 and Welker had 9 receptions on 10 targets for 54 yards. It might have been one of the dumbest games I have ever watched.

quote:

Tom Brady completed 92.9 percent of his passes (26 completions in 28 attempts) setting an all-time NFL record for the highest completion percentage in a game, including regular-season and playoff games (minimum 20 attempts). Tom Brady completed his first 16 passes of the game. His first incompletion was on a pass intended for Benjamin Watson with 10:25 remaining in the third quarter.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

syzpid posted:

If only Dennis Northcutt knew how to catch...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Him and Russ have contracts that kill their teams and it's hilarious.

I hope Watson is terrible too so the Browns are stuck with that

Nov 6, 2002

No one is going to trade for that contract and they can't obviously cut him, so I guess they're stuck with him or just hope he retires?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I thought I read that there were clauses in Rodgers' contract about if he decides to retire. Am I nuts?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Codependent Poster posted:

Him and Russ have contracts that kill their teams and it's hilarious.

I hope Watson is terrible too so the Browns are stuck with that

At least the packers have some picks. Poor Broncos

Nov 6, 2002

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I thought I read that there were clauses in Rodgers' contract about if he decides to retire. Am I nuts?

quote:

The Packers paid are paying Aaron Rodgers $42m to play football in 2022. Only $9.36M of that money is counting on this year's cap - the other money MUST hit future caps.

For instance the other $19.17M of his 2022 cap charge is from his 2018, 2019, and 2021 contract backloading

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Green Bay having bad QB play is a dream come true

Green Bay having bad QB play thats also punishing their cap? Phenomenal

Can they even give Jordan love a big contract after his rookie one expires? Doesn't this giant Rodgers contract go too far out for that? And did no one notice? Lol

Edit loves 5th year option is in 2024. 2025 he's ufa unless given new deal

2x edit
2025 version: Cap hit starts at $59.3M

$15.6M available via full void restructures
If he is traded his dead cap jumps to $76.8M
If he retires his dead cap jumps to $76.8M
If he is cut his dead cap jumps to $76.8M

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 28, 2022

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I wonder if they win in 2007 and go undefeated if 28-3 still happens later down the road

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Oh, for sure there would still be dead cap hits. I thought I saw something about about some of his future guarantees would have less of a hit if he decides to retire before the end of the contract. I might be mis-remembering.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
A few years ago NHL teams would give out ridiculously long contracts to older players with the salary being almost the league minimum in the years you expected the player to be retired as a way to spread out the average cap hit.

The NHL countered this by making it so if a player signs when he's 35 or older, you were stuck with the cap hit if he retired. NHL teams still got around this by stashing players on IR because anyone that has played hockey that long has some nagging injuries.

So can the Packers just put Rodgers on IR as long as Rodgers agrees?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It's funny how willing the Packers were to move on from Favre and goto Rodgers, which ended up being the correct decision and how they completely hosed that up this time

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

syzpid posted:

A few years ago NHL teams would give out ridiculously long contracts to older players with the salary being almost the league minimum in the years you expected the player to be retired as a way to spread out the average cap hit.

The NHL countered this by making it so if a player signs when he's 35 or older, you were stuck with the cap hit if he retired. NHL teams still got around this by stashing players on IR because anyone that has played hockey that long has some nagging injuries.

So can the Packers just put Rodgers on IR as long as Rodgers agrees?

He'll just retire and make them eat a 75m cap hit rather than chill out on IR like Marian hossa, because Rodgers hates the franchise instead of being glad he won a title there

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Oh, for sure there would still be dead cap hits. I thought I saw something about about some of his future guarantees would have less of a hit if he decides to retire before the end of the contract. I might be mis-remembering.

If I'm reading it right - and I might not be - the gist is that the earlier he retires, the smaller the dead cap hit is. The problem for the Packers is that even the smaller cap hit is still huge.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Wow tonight is one of the worst late season MNF matchups I can recall.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro posted:

he is not willing to learn or grow accustomed to anything at all.

Heck, same

Nov 6, 2002

Wilson needs a drive wipe and firmware upgrade.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wow tonight is one of the worst late season MNF matchups I can recall.

Trying to figure out the hook even for football sickos. Let's see if Kenny Pickett is getting any better? See if Jeff Saturday can give Irsay a reason to keep him for next year?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rodgers has like a $60m guarantee for 2023 that vests in March of next year. He's not just walking away from $60m.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

Trying to figure out the hook even for football sickos. Let's see if Kenny Pickett is getting any better? See if Jeff Saturday can give Irsay a reason to keep him for next year?

Two big name fantasy RBs. That's about it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Packers can just do the other thing that NHL teams do. Trade him to Arizona!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Two big name fantasy RBs. That's about it.

Yeah I was gonna say at least the Manningcast would be fun because of Peyton but there is none this week.

So just to watch because of fantasy, betting, or morbid curiosity at how Saturday is doing

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

a neat cape posted:

This was a good game to take my Dad to for his birthday :)

oh were you out here? we had joked about finding late tickets

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Kalli posted:

The game I posted above was from SNF. Earlier that day TO scored 4 touchdowns.

So Moss scored 4 in the first half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1PCOZTV21k

There was a scorebug that would turn yellow if there was a touchdown??? How did we live like that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

JPrime posted:

oh were you out here? we had joked about finding late tickets

We were!

There were a lot of Chargers fans there

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

a neat cape posted:

We were!

There were a lot of Chargers fans there

yea, you could say that about just any visiting team here :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1597303517961912320

gross