Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Side you're looking forward to on Thanksgiving
This poll is closed.
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy 15 17.24%
Stuffing 32 36.78%
Green Bean Casserole 6 6.90%
Rolls 6 6.90%
Cranberry Sauce 6 6.90%
Sweet Potatoes 8 9.20%
Pies 14 16.09%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Did flex games get nixed in the new tv contract?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I have never before cared very much about the performance of the Houston Texans, but this Sunday I hope they beat unholy amounts of rear end

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I have some bad news for you my friend.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Toaster Beef posted:

I have never before cared very much about the performance of the Houston Texans, but this Sunday I hope they beat unholy amounts of rear end
Neither have they.

In any case yes I agree.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Toaster Beef posted:

I mean never say never and all but the Texans have been outscored 50-0 in the first half the last two weeks

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
It'll probably go as well as Baker's revenge game/tour.

Nov 6, 2002

The good thing is at least he will get boo'd and chanted at mercilessly... by like the handful of people in the stands.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Christ this game tonight is so bad.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/Lj_era8/status/1597256165737758721?s=20&t=0w_a4GJzQ9xqniU6UOmJ2g

I assume Kodak Black is experienced at pr right

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

A rookie QB nobody really believes in vs a head coach absolutely nobody believes in! Come for the 15-13 barnburner! stay for the deepthroating of TJ Watt after he knocks down Matt Ryan 3 times.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

A rookie QB nobody really believes in vs a head coach absolutely nobody believes in! Come for the 15-13 barnburner! stay for the deepthroating of TJ Watt after he knocks down Matt Ryan 3 times.

You can also neither come nor stay.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

fsif posted:

Trying to figure out the hook even for football sickos. Let's see if Kenny Pickett is getting any better? See if Jeff Saturday can give Irsay a reason to keep him for next year?

True Football Sickos don't need a hook to watch some awful football.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Honestly the MNF has a lot of potential to be fun imo

It’s got the storylines

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Honestly the MNF has a lot of potential to be fun imo

It’s got the storylines

I do think it has potential for maximum clownball, which we all enjoy, right?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

mcmagic posted:

I can't believe we're getting two primetime Colts games this late into the season. MNF I get, because this looked like it could be a decent enough matchup at the beginning of the year. But on Sunday, when they could have flexed? Ridiculous.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Black Lighter posted:

I can't believe we're getting two primetime Colts games this late into the season. MNF I get, because this looked like it could be a decent enough matchup at the beginning of the year. But on Sunday, when they could have flexed? Ridiculous.

NBC probably didn’t want to flex out the Cowboys and/or Fox/CBS protected the other games that NBC would have preferred (Chiefs-Bengals, for example). There’s limits on how many times a team can be in primetime and the other networks can protect a limited number of games to keep them in the afternoon, so there’s other factors in there.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fartknocker posted:

NBC probably didn’t want to flex out the Cowboys and/or Fox/CBS protected the other games that NBC would have preferred (Chiefs-Bengals, for example). There’s limits on how many times a team can be in primetime and the other networks can protect a limited number of games to keep them in the afternoon, so there’s other factors in there.

Yeah, I thought Chiefs/Bengals and Dolphins/Niners were both on CBS at the same time, which I think would have left one of them open to flex. But I just checked and Dolphins/Niners is on Fox, so that checks out.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

hope he's bad and then dies

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Was he accused of anything recently and I just missed it?

fartknocker posted:

I don't think we really see a ton of flexing until next month anyways

Nov 6, 2002

Shinji2015 posted:

Was he accused of anything recently and I just missed it?

Naw, just trashed talked a fan giving him crap.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Lamar rules

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1597315721582718976

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

*seahawkishly* I like those odds:hawksin:

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

We were!

There were a lot of Chargers fans there

It didn't occur to me or my family to look into the Cardinals game for tickets till immediately after kickoff since we live just a few hours away. We all just stared at each other wondering how the gently caress we botched that one so bad when we could do a 7 hour drive each way to Buffalo a few years ago for a game in 28 degree weather. :smith:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I’m so jealous of Seahawks that they get a top 5 draft pick despite being a pretty good team, what a juicy position to be in

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I saw the one second rule thing from wikipedia when I searched, but that doesn’t apply to the NFL. The actual NFL rulebook says the snapper is a “defenseless player” until he has had an opportunity to defend himself or he moves downfield.

Basically as long as the snapper hasn’t looked up and started to actively block or move downfield, they cannot be forcefully touched. This doesn’t mean they cannot be touched at all, though. A player lined up outside the shoulders of the snapper that happens to hit the snapper’s shoulder while rushing to block the kick has not committed a penalty.

didn't get a chance to say at the time but what a great post. Nice!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pron on VHS posted:

I’m so jealous of Eagles that they get a top 5 draft pick despite being a pretty good team, what a juicy position to be in

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

gently caress Deshaun Watson, but go the other 53 or whatever people on that roster.

Watching Watson get booed will be glorious. We didn’t deserve what Brissett gave us.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eagles pick is gonna only be top-10. :sadpeanut:

Nov 6, 2002

2023 Free Agent RBs:

- Josh Jacobs
- Saquon Barkley
- Miles Sanders
- Tony Pollard
- David Montgomery
- Kareem Hunt
- Jamaal Williams
- Damien Harris
- Jeff Wilson, Jr.
- Devin Singletary
- Raheem Mostert
- Rashaad Penny

How many will actually get another contract with their current team? Probably Pollard, Barkley and Jacobs?

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I think he sucks dick

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

2023 Free Agent RBs:

- Josh Jacobs
- Saquon Barkley
- Miles Sanders
- Tony Pollard
- David Montgomery
- Kareem Hunt
- Jamaal Williams
- Damien Harris
- Jeff Wilson, Jr.
- Devin Singletary
- Raheem Mostert
- Rashaad Penny

How many will actually get another contract with their current team? Probably Pollard, Barkley and Jacobs?

I feel like the Dolphins really have to keep Wilson.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Quiet Feet posted:

Eagles pick is gonna only be top-10. :sadpeanut:

The Saints still have 3 games left in the garbage nfc south there’s no telling where that pick ends up. They could still make the playoffs!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Giants have tried to extend Saquon so he may end up tagged. Pollard could end up a tag. Jacobs is gone the current regime turned down his 5th year and it's McDaniels. Singletary is undervalued and probably walks because the drafted Cook.

It's a good RB draft class to so the market will be interesting

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Pron on VHS posted:

I’m so jealous of Seahawks that they get a top 5 draft pick despite being a pretty good team, what a juicy position to be in

Good, huh. Lemme just, uh, brush these last two games under the rug real quick...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The market will probably be depressed for RB's, because there's a ton available and a bunch in the draft apparently

Also the Cowboys will "only" have a dead cap hit of $12m when they cut Zeke, so yeah, tagging Pollard and spending $25m on their RB room will be very funny.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That trade could not have gone better for Pete and the Seahawks.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Jacobs is gone the current regime turned down his 5th year and it's McDaniels.
Yeah it would be nice to see Jacobs stick around on the Raiders because he's shown he's pretty darn good but McDaniels & co are dumbasses will do the most boneheaded thing about it imaginable.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1597338004527681537?s=46&t=H8Y3D-UMLo8kEIgRnh3rEg

Why do we want this idiot on the roster. Maybe this means CEH is done for the year and Rojo is now RB3 and Gordon goes to the practice squad for good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

So what would Jacobs actually get per year on the free agent market?