Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
When at a restaurant loudly say "behind!" when walking by staff members so they know you used to work at a restaurant too or respect restaurants. Personally, I also like to drop hints by using industry terms like "reso". In case you're wondering, "industry" is another good word to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"Yes, Chef" hahaha anyone else watch The Bear?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

When crossing a Starbucks picket line you have to meekly walk by and shrug your shoulders and say "oh I'm really sorry, I didn't know... I made a mobile order but I won't do it again and I'm in a rush sorry, I'm seriously sorry!"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

When crossing a Starbucks picket line you have to meekly walk by and shrug your shoulders and say "oh I'm really sorry, I didn't know... I made a mobile order but I won't do it again and I'm in a rush sorry, I'm seriously sorry!"

i don't remember this episode

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Ask them where items in different departments are and then compliment them for knowing. If they don't know tell them they'll get it next time and smile

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"Yes, Chef" hahaha anyone else watch The Bear?

"heard!"

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
give them cocaine

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Hit as many stores/restaurants as possible on holidays. When checking out or talking to your waiters let them know that you think its unreasonable they have to work on thanksgiving/Christmas/whatever.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

service industries hate the "closing tasks" because it means they're about to go home

arrive 5 minutes before closing to ensure that workers can spend as much time as possible at their favorite place, work

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
when you see an senior person working as a walmart greeter, congratulate them and wish them to work for another 20 years since they are so good at it

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

always say youre looking for a million dollars, its extremely funny

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
I say yes chef to the chef at work mostly to bother him. Too bad we're getting a new chef who might not be cool w that

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

donate their tip to a charitable organization to make a difference

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I like to put five dollar bills on the table and take one away after every mistake, but it's just a joke and I actually give them a good tip. They find it hilarious every time.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Badactura posted:

I say yes chef to the chef at work mostly to bother him. Too bad we're getting a new chef who might not be cool w that

HANDS!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

When speaking to the manager after receiving a less-than-delightful customer experience, be sure to mention that you understand that the employee is doing their best so they don't get in trouble

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
act as if you are a Jehovah's Witness giving them religious tracts but actually slip them pamphlets about how to unionize their workplace

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

really queer Christmas posted:

I like to put five dollar bills on the table and take one away after every mistake, but it's just a joke and I actually give them a good tip. They find it hilarious every time.

I start out with 0 dollars on the table, and everytime they do something good I smile, nod my head and put a dollar on the table.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

When somebody looks really busy and there's a big lineup I make a point to smile and make conversation with the person behind the counter for a few minutes, to give them a little break

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like to tip between 50 and 100 percent

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

precision posted:

mods

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

precision posted:

This is a bad idea and will just make their colleagues jealous, you should not tip at all so that owners are motivated to pay their employees better

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

when another customer is rude to the staff, walk over and spit in their food

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

I don't tip so the restaurant goes out of business faster and the server is more poor which makes them realize relying on tips is bullshit. Some people call me a hero but I'm just a normal guy fighting the good fight.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

When I go to restaurants I loudly tell my server "thank christ all that mask bullshit is done. Can't believe King (insert governor here) hosed us over like that."

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

the guy whos always working there is definitely the owner

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i don't like the service/tipping economy so i only eat at immigrant-owned restaurants where an eight-year-old takes my order

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
What's the recommended tip percentage for children?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Wag your hand at them and shout "garcon"

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Karl Barks posted:

Wag your hand at them and shout "garcon"

uhm I don't think most servers would speak french and according to google translate it just means "boy" anyway so use that instead

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

January 6 Survivor posted:

uhm I don't think most servers would speak french and according to google translate it just means "boy" anyway so use that instead

Most people enjoy being called boy while being told to fetch things, highly recommend it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i pronounce it americanishly and always get brought a pickle

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I like to be mindful about local Hawaiian's opinions about tourism, which is why I call them "braddah" or "uncle" when I'm buying croissants and frozen pizzas for my vacation at the Lihue Costco so they don't think I'm encroaching on their land

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I like to be mindful about local Hawaiian's opinions about tourism, which is why I call them "braddah" or "uncle" when I'm buying croissants and frozen pizzas for my vacation at the Lihue Costco so they don't think I'm encroaching on their land

whats good cousin

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

doing a land acknowledgement before eating a poke bowl

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
epically spike your dishware onto the floor at the restaurant to save the dishwashers some extra chores

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wash your hands after making GBS threads. Normally it's for employees only so make sure to mention it at every opportunity as you share their burdens of hygiene

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
swallow a lit stick of dynamite and explode yourself in the middle of the dining room to entertain guests & employees

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
When the server asks "how is everything?" recount to them your life story and all its woes, and through sharing your struggles the two of you may find some commonality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
give them a fake dollar that is actually an invitation to a personal relationship with our lord and savior, jesus christ