Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The lions are trying hard and they will succeed with a new QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

when do we make the draft thread?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Harlock posted:

"If the Packers cut Aaron Rodgers he will count towards $99M of the cap in 2023. If they chose to split that it would be $31M in 2023 and then $68.2M in 2024. Cutting Rodgers would doom Green Bay for drat near a decade and destroy the organization.

It will not happen."

Woo

Why would this drat the organization for a decade?

It would suck for the two years but then it would be back to a regular rebuild.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Rogue Elephant posted:

I would think it would lead to the Packers jettisoning or not resigning young talent, which would put them in a terrible hole where once they get his contract off the books they have to overpay for free agents to come to a lovely team, and also they would have to hit on their draft picks at an unbelievable rate.

This was what I was thinking too. But trading a bunch of those players for picks is possible. And, if the situation is that Rodgers is unplayably bad, I don't think there's really a de facto opportunity cost to cutting him and losing the next couple years... because the team would be losing the next couple years anyway.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hizawk posted:

They would have to cut / not resign players to stay under.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

This was what I was thinking too. But trading a bunch of those players for picks is possible. And, if the situation is that Rodgers is unplayably bad, I don't think there's really a de facto opportunity cost to cutting him and losing the next couple years... because the team would be losing the next couple years anyway.

With any plausible amount of FO competency, the team would not be ~damned for a decade~ due to cutting a hypothetically awful Rodgers imo