Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Short of inexplicably landing the 4 seed and winning a national title, I’m officially willing to write off Day unless he hands off play calling to someone else. Dude has lost his touch for adjusting and calling in tight games the longer he’s the head coach. People will look at the margin, there’s 2 garbage time TDs at the end when the defense gave up.

Going cover 0 on a mobile QB who can’t hit tight windows was dumb but shouldn’t be a killer if the Lathan Ransom could play any type of coverage or tackle. There are like 5 scholarship CBs on the roster, so personnel is an issue here that wasn’t going to go away and has been around all year. I guess this is what having Don Brown felt like.

If day loses to Notre Dame in the opener next year with a new starter, any other loss is going to get him canned. We’re recruiting above what Urban did and it hasn’t translated because the game management is so incompetent in big moments. Probably should move on from Marotti too because this many soft tissue injuries is an indicator the training staff isn’t getting guys up to game intensity properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Day is chubby Lincoln Riley

Day was smart enough to not retain Alex Grinch at least.

This is the nicest thing I have said about Ryan Day in a week.