Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
var is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The Treaty of London (1839) means that scoring against Belgium is illegal

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

Which almost never happens for offside. I certainly can't remember ever seeing it before.

yeah it's unusual but makes sense in this case imo because it was an unusual offside: the player was clearly off, but it was up to the ref to decide whether he thought they were interfering with play or not since he didn't touch the ball

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bea Nanner posted:

you tell that kid to watch the world cup and like it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
MAROC THE CASBAH

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol courtois

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
#2 nation in the FIFA world rankings lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

stab posted:

HOW THE gently caress does the world #2 team not have a player on the near post on a near post free kick

it's almost like the FIFA world rankigns are meaningless

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

I literally just noticed - Morocco is shortened to MAR?

MAR for Maroc

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
De Bruyne recently said Blegum are too old and fail to win the World Cup and hell, the man knows football

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Maroc

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

advanced statsman posted:

Canada is trash op
And the team sucks too

harsh but fair

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Canadian TV just showing one lonely Canadian fan chanting "who's got big balls, we've got big balls" over and over again while everyone around awkwardly tries to ignore him

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i would like canada to score a world cup goal

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wippersnapper posted:

I would like Eustaquio to nutmeg Modric today and then stroke his sweet stache.

Meustachio

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
PHONZIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
WE DID IT WE SCORED A GOALLL

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Elliptical Dick posted:

Offside though

no it was not

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

whypick1 posted:

Looks like Larin was off when keeper kicked it

played onside by the defender over by Tajon

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
should've taken that one first time, Phonzie

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Candians are polite until sports are involved, then they're more barbaric than everyone else other than the British.

tbh we aren't that polite the rest of the time either, we're just super passive aggressive

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

Is Canada’s team basically English speaking or are there a few francophones in there as well?

English, French, Portuguese, Serbian, take your pick

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Starsfan posted:

why does the referee wait 15 seconds to raise the flag for offside?

it's a VAR thing, they let the play finish just in case the computer says it wasn't offside

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
fuuuuuuuuck

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
john hurts, man

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Can'tada

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BWV posted:

the defending midfielders (Hutchinson especially) just can't keep up and are either just getting run past or are losing track of runners. If I were them I would start blood doping STAT.

Hutchinson is the one player older than the Croatian fossils

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
just happy to be here and break the witch's goalscoring curse tbh, the CUM world cup will be our year

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
CUM together

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

whypick1 posted:

The flag is a flight of stairs, right?

it's just the Canadian flag but instead of a maple leaf it's the grenade silhouette

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
wow Borjan saved something

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Tampon nose lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

it absorbs right up!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Maroc gonna win this group

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
oh dear

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
pretty apparent from both our matches that we lack the experienced cutting edge of the sides that have been to tournaments like this before

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shogi posted:

In all seriousness Canada are better to watch and have better star players than the rest of the CUMboys atm but seem really naive and lacking in tactics, match sense etc. their heads went completely after they scored which is kinda bad 2mins in. Maybe they need a manager other than some Geordie gobshite

The story of John Herdman is that he's a genius at motivating players but an amateur at tactics and that's good enough to bulldoze CONCACAF but not good enough to beat experienced international teams

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
gonna be honest it sucks that we're losing but I am still happy because I got to watch my country play in a World Cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
poonior toilett