Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

ephex posted:

France look completely disorganised

I mean what else is "9 bench players so starters can rest" gonna look like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Man, we can't string two passes today

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Come on Tunisia take those French to ToonTown!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Do Australia want to play football? They look like they're only pretending to be engaged so the PE teachers don't yell at them.

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020
Never understood players getting hate for going after money instead of winning. I don’t work for a market leader in my industry but they pay me the most. Im not gonna go work for a ‘better’ company that pays me less. Like applied to normal life how’s it any different, aside from the sums of money involved

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

France game sounds like a bird sanctuary, wtf is that whistling noise

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Fancy footwork there

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

BigSexy posted:

Never understood players getting hate for going after money instead of winning. I don’t work for a market leader in my industry but they pay me the most. Im not gonna go work for a ‘better’ company that pays me less. Like applied to normal life how’s it any different, aside from the sums of money involved

You are the real Kevin Nash and I claim my 5 pounds

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
this is the first time I'm watching France. Are they always this sluggish or is this the team having already secured advancement just phoning it in / Tunisia is pretty good and playing to advance?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Deformed Church posted:

Do Australia want to play football? They look like they're only pretending to be engaged so the PE teachers don't yell at them.

we don't look too bad going forward on the break, but we basically can't get the ball

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Nystral posted:

this is the first time I'm watching France. Are they always this sluggish or is this the team having already secured advancement just phoning it in / Tunisia is pretty good and playing to advance?

secured advancement. 9 bench players are in.

Mahler
Oct 30, 2008

I kinda like the dynamic of Tunisia going full tilt against the France benchwarmers.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Nystral posted:

tunisa are giving everything and france are resting a lot of players

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
This French B team are top tier shithouses.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Nystral posted:

This is not the same team that won the first 2 games.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
our brave aussie lads need to keep reminding these danes that no matter who wins, they're still going to have an australian queen. lol.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BigSexy posted:

It's fine and I don't begrudge players for making money, but it is extremely funny when the player in question is Big Ron who is 100% certain that he's the best player to ever have lived and remains the best player in the world today and the only reason he isn't starting every game for Manchester United and scoring a billion goals a game is that there's an organized conspiracy to push him out of the club because he's too handsome.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

webmeister posted:

our brave aussie lads need to keep reminding these danes that no matter who wins, they're still going to have an australian queen. lol.

australia seems like a country that shouldn't throw stones in that regard, surely

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
did they tell denmark that they have to score to go through

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

BigSexy posted:

Because here, all the sums are effectively infinity money, or as near as to make no difference, so the expectation is that people would let other things like e.g. ethics decide the outcome

Besides he already has infinity money so the financial difference is even more of a moot point

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020

vyelkin posted:

It's fine and I don't begrudge players for making money, but it is extremely funny when the player in question is Big Ron who is 100% certain that he's the best player to ever have lived and remains the best player in the world today and the only reason he isn't starting every game for Manchester United and scoring a billion goals a game is that there's an organized conspiracy to push him out of the club because he's too handsome.

Agree with that and also certainly see it from a moral standpoint given the saudis record. But also seen this sentiment with people moving to China, turkey, and even PSG given their champions league failures

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

vyelkin posted:

Absolutely spot on. It's funny because it's Ron, not because he's going to Sauda Arabia.

e:

BigSexy posted:

Agree with that and also certainly see it from a moral standpoint given the saudis record. But also seen this sentiment with people moving to China, turkey, and even PSG given their champions league failures

Ronaldo can't go to the US because of an outstanding rape charge so I'm not sure he's some paragon of virtue.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I miss the brief period when you'd get like Rivaldo signing for Dagestan Disputed Zone Rovers, getting their picture taken with some club president who owns a tiger and leaving a week later

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

vyelkin posted:

I’m new to soccer. Is Ronaldo the model for Jamie Tartt?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

I miss the brief period when you'd get like Rivaldo signing for Dagestan Disputed Zone Rovers, getting their picture taken with some club president who owns a tiger and leaving a week later

Never forget Azerbaijan, The Land of Fire.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

sebzilla posted:

Always been a big fan of the house of Saud, me. Sorry Mexico but it's for the greater good.

And then just don't lose, Poland. I believe in you.

Saud U, buddy.

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

I mean what else is "9 bench players so starters can rest" gonna look like

Interesting to see how Brazil does with the same strategy

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

tense af, surprised it's still 0-0 but i guess the job is half done

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Australia are going to win the world cup without scoring another goal in regular play. Just a series of nil all draws leading to penalty shootouts.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Aussies looking a little better towards the end of the half. Still don't look like scoring but atleast the defensive effort has been decent enough

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Australia are going to win the world cup without scoring another goal in regular play. Just a series of nil all draws leading to penalty shootouts.

This world cup needs the grey wiggle

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

And then that australian youtube smelter is going to steal the trophy and turn it into neat little coins with kangaroos on them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Whistles

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Which of these second halfs should I pay most attention to?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Both of these matches suck, here's hoping the Saudi-Mexico one is more exciting

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

goatface posted:

Which of these second halfs should I pay most attention to?

biased but aus v denmark has probably higher stakes, winner goes through (if it's a draw australia go through)

it's not a high quality game tho

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
either that danish defender with number 26 is called bah or he couldnt be bother to tell the shirt guy his name

poty fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 30, 2022

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

It'll make up for the crappy penalty in '06

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Ooof, right in the down unders.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

so who is the coach for Australia whose job it is to watch the Tunisia vs France game and tell the Soccerroos when they will need to score

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

TDepressionEarl posted:

so who is the coach for Australia whose job it is to watch the Tunisia vs France game and tell the Soccerroos when they will need to score

Who was the African team who had a guy that did this but hosed up the goal difference and told them to waste time when they still needed a goal to qualify and they missed out on the AFCON(?) as a result