Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Gregg is undefeated in the past eight years of World Cup soccer.. nothing he does is good enough for the haters smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Getting to knockout means I’m going to be able to taunt Canada AND Mexico fans and that’s what really matters here

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

barnold posted:

gregg berhalter: "we're undefeated going into the next round"

i loving hate this guy lmfao

I'm doing all the roy hodgson moves

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Enkor posted:

Glad that's over. I don't want to hear about 'milking clocks' any more.

clocky milkers

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

Swedish post game analysis is all about what happens to Iran after USA sent them home

They and their families should legitimately be given amnesty if they want it

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
well i had US moneyline so at least i made.....$44? gonna get buck wild on some taco bell tonight

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

surf rock posted:

Ahahahahaha this is a good bit though, that's so funny

All the remaining matches are single-elimination with these group rounds done, right?

There's still 3 more days of group matches, knockouts start Saturday, with USA-Netherlands being the first one.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://youtu.be/zcUs5X9glCc

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

They and their families should legitimately be given amnesty if they want it

that would basically be the end of their families

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Someone make sure to tell Gregg that a tie won't be enough on Saturday.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pook Good Mook posted:

Someone make sure to tell Gregg that a tie won't be enough on Saturday.

Well if we tie we get to do a free throw contest, which is like a coin flip so probably the best chance the US can get to win

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Well if we tie we get to do a free throw contest, which is like a coin flip so probably the best chance the US can get to win

The dutch / van gaal are famously not very fun to face on penalties

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Imagine putting mayonnaise on your French fries

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Here's my silly question. I have attached a diagram to help illustrate my confusion.

When, in the effort to try and maintain ANY possession at all and try to kill clock and hold the lead, we kept winning throws, why did Robinson continually ignore the backs as safe possession options, instead deciding to chuck it to Aaronson every time, even though he was surrounded by, conservatively, seven hundred Iranian men?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Popete posted:

The U.S. can only draw or score 1 goal, this should be sustainable going forward.

It worked for Spain 8 years ago :smuggo:

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

ALFbrot posted:

Here's my silly question. I have attached a diagram to help illustrate my confusion.

When, in the effort to try and maintain ANY possession at all and try to kill clock and hold the lead, we kept winning throws, why did Robinson continually ignore the backs as safe possession options, instead deciding to chuck it to Aaronson every time, even though he was surrounded by, conservatively, seven hundred Iranian men?

Cynical football says you try to possess the ball as close to the touchline and other teams' players as possible and draw a penalty or it going out of bounds. It's something you see done by teams without confidence.

Possessing requires movement and theoretically an attacking shift, where one bad pass puts you out of position.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Getting to knockout means I’m going to be able to taunt Canada AND Mexico fans and that’s what really matters here

Depending on how Costa Rica and Mexico do we could be the only CONCACAF team to advance lol

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

ALFbrot posted:

because the people we had at the back consistently displayed a complete inability to do something as simple as "recognize that its time to just lump the ball away from our goal" so Aaronson was the vastly safer choice

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Taco Duck posted:

Missing out dude. The Belgians are lapping the world at french fry technology.

Except when they deem a sauce to be 'spicy' and its basically mayonnaise with a faint sprinkle of paprika in it. But that's a Europe-wide issue.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ALFbrot posted:

gotta get the puckball deep

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

US to win every subsequent match on PKs

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Taco Duck posted:

Imagine not doing this lmao

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

This is actually Gregg Berhalter IRL right now but toward everyone who hates him.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Imagine not doing this lmao
Anything but ketchup.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Lotta negativity towards the US in this thread, not sure I appreciate that sort of treatment for one of the 16 best soccer-playing countries in the world :colbert:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

Lotta negativity towards the US in this thread, not sure I appreciate that sort of treatment for one of the 16 best soccer-playing countries in the world :colbert:

Advanced out of the Group of Death and still can't get any respect!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

PostNouveau posted:

Advanced out of the Group of Death and still can't get any respect!
I mean, I'm not saying we're the equals of England when it comes to the great game, the world's favorite, soccer

the scoreboard does say that, though

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

maruhkati posted:

The Dutch are going to beat these guys by five and Gregggggg is gonna have a job for life.
I seem to recall similar sentiments before the England game :smug:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

CapnAndy posted:

I mean, I'm not saying we're the equals of England when it comes to the great game, the world's favorite, soccer

were top your not

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

CapnAndy posted:

We’re all just concerned about what knockout football and endemic hypertension will do to your poor country’s health system.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Benne posted:

Does Pulisic know he has teammates? His heroball sucks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CapnAndy posted:

They beat Iran.

They beat Wales.

They didn’t beat the USA.

Neat and tidy.

Now how many Goldmember jokes can we make before Saturday?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Total Meatlove posted:

We’re all just concerned about what knockout football and endemic hypertension will do to your poor country’s health system.

People watch as a lark at best so it's no problem

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

according to FIFA rankings we are exactly 16th

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Silly Burrito posted:

They beat Iran.

They beat Wales.

They didn’t beat the USA.

Neat and tidy.

Now how many Goldmember jokes can we make before Saturday?

They scored 9 goals in their other two matches. I'm not convinced the US have scored 9 goals since Jurgen Klinsmann

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Any "banter" from English people tonight is bullying and I expect the mods to do something about it.

We're only little. Had to borrow a striker just to be able to put a team out. Bald fraud manager and balding fraud "star" player.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/LaurenWFTS/status/1597710102202486790

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

His outie wiener got turned into an innie

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

TheRat posted:

The dutch / van gaal are famously not very fun to face on penalties
He pulled a fancy move at the end of that one godawful match against Costa Rica, but historically we're fairly loving terrible at penalty shootouts

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

me searching for news on the pulisic injury:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Fast Luck posted:

me searching for news on the pulisic injury:

Ban this sicko from football forever