Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Here’s my package opening load out.

First is this safety cutter thing. Open boxes with reckless abandon. No exposed blades to cut you or the poo poo inside the box. Also good for envelops and getting through cardboard backing.

A Cricut weeder tool. Handy for getting shrink wrap off a thing without damaging the thing. Also handy for prying poo poo out of jenga box packaging.

I don’t know what these are. I otherwise call them my zip tie cutters. These are the least awkward way of getting through plastic packaging I’ve got. I’m sure there’s better though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Buck Turgidson posted:

Wha. Just buy a Swiss army knife and put that stuff in a drawer.

I store that stuff in a drawer even without owning a Swiss Army knife!

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

extremely pro tip:

when you start out with either sewing or embroidery, start out in a woven rather than knit fabric. knit fabrics (think a stretchy t shirt type of fabric) are easier to damage the structure and most importantly they are usually stretchy. stretch is the enemy of consistent and straight needlework, at least until you start to get some practice under your fingers

Very pro tip right here. “Oh a T-shirt sounds easy to make I’ll start with that.”

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Leatherworking has lots of fun tools.

Went through entirely too many pricking irons before I stumbled on the crimson hides.

They make nice holes.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I bought a handful of these 1 ft power cables and they have been shockingly useful. I could stumble upon the most gnarly wall wart and not even flinch these days. Weird plug that tries to get out of the way by blocking all adjacent outlets? The power cord bin can fix this problem.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

yep i bought 15 of them last month and have used almost all of 'em. i've also given one or two five-packs away as little gifts and the reaction is great

"tiny...short...extension cords?"

"wait"

o_O

"holy poo poo these RULE thank you!"

Oh that’s a pro tier gift.

Also recently bought a few of these:

Haven’t had them too long but they’ve come in super handy while I’ve been futzing with my turntable poo poo. I just hate power strips.

tk fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 30, 2022

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Progressive JPEG posted:

which temple do you need to beat to get the triforce bandsaw

Nail, screw, and glue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

President Beep posted:

lmao i bet all of your flathead screwdrivers also aren’t bent and chipped because you didn’t desperately use them as pry bars. lol

Not desperately. More out of laziness.