Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I can almost guarantee The Looker is some cringe rear end Gamer Humour that you all will blacklist within 2 years time

Synthy, to his friends: everything you like is retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Elden ring : Elden ring.

Games i played this year that owned: The first 3 Resident evils. These games loving own so hard lol. The remake of 1 is especially great and has aged far better than anything released in the past 5 years in game design and visuals, really incredible stuff jill and barry ftmfw.

lost judgment on pc released this year and was a big step up from the first one for me. best combat in the series, you got 3 styles that all mesh together well and the juggle combos you can pull off are really satisfying. yagami is still a boring turd but the supporting cast more than makes up for it as does its' superb antagonist. there's so much cool poo poo to do, i think its the most side-content rich yakuza next to 5?

Indie Treasure awards:

1. SIGNALIS - cool re style game, haven't finished it yet but it scratches the RE itch very well
2. vampire survivors - i felt like i was being trolled when my friends kept recommending me this game lol, but yeah it owns.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I got the tude now posted:

Synthy, to his friends: everything you like is retarded

i am this way as well

----------------

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
best random indie bullshit i played and liked and that i think you might like if you play too:
donut dodo
shotgun king: the final checkmate
card hog
sky rogue
cultic
prodeus

best game i bought but haven't actually played yet, but if i don't mention them i'll be driven out of town, hopefully i'll get around to 'em over the xmas break:
equal tie between elden ring and yakuza like a dragon. which one should i start first?

best game that came out years ago but it started getting updates again after like a year of silence, i think it's nearly done?:
world of horror

best racing game:
outrun 2006 coast 2 coast takes it for an incredible 16th year running, how does it keep doing it???

best game that by all rights i should have hated but got really weirdly into:
powerwash simulator

best imp zone games club game:
ninja gaiden 3 (jp version)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
overheard near the blizzard breakroom fridge

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

i am this way as well

Same idk where I’m coming from lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

The Kins posted:

Lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Kins posted:

best random indie bullshit i played and liked and that i think you might like if you play too:
donut dodo
shotgun king: the final checkmate
card hog
sky rogue
cultic
prodeus

best game i bought but haven't actually played yet, but if i don't mention them i'll be driven out of town, hopefully i'll get around to 'em over the xmas break:
equal tie between elden ring and yakuza like a dragon. which one should i start first?

best game that came out years ago but it started getting updates again after like a year of silence, i think it's nearly done?:
world of horror

best racing game:
outrun 2006 coast 2 coast takes it for an incredible 16th year running, how does it keep doing it???

best game that by all rights i should have hated but got really weirdly into:
powerwash simulator

best imp zone games club game:
ninja gaiden 3 (jp version)

Play elden ring right now what the gently caress are you doing.

----------------

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Wirld of horror ftw

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
oh poo poo i need to do a goty and an impy, uhhhhhh

game of the year: probably shotgun knight: the final checkmate. a simple but effective puzzler that piles on more and more complications with every level. i love the between level mechanic where every perk you choose also gives a perk to the enemy. really adds an interesting amount of umming-and-ahhing where you try and figure out the best way to not screw yourself over. also it's cheap as hell and they did a huge update the other week with tons of new poo poo.

impy: i think this might be powerwash simulator?!? it certainly ate up the most time. i love fast paced action games and arcade style stuff and this is absolutely not that and in fact the kind of game that i absolutely can't get into no matter what. so why did i spend entire evenings hosing poo poo down while listening to podcasts? i can't wrap my head around it, but somehow it cast its weird spell on me.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

GOTY: Xenoblade Chronicles 3. It's loving sick, big ol well done jrpg story with a decent payoff for the trilogy. "reject the endless now" theming was more interesting than I thought it would be. but by far it's biggest strength is the cast of characters and a combat system which fixes a lot of the annoyances I had with previous games, though tbf I kinda miss the elemental combo system of 2.

My Almost GOTY: Elden Ring. It's Elden Ring. Mechanical perfection, amazing world to explore. If I didn't like XC3's characters so much this would be my goty. The difference is like a mm between the two at any rate.

Impy: Fire Emblem Three Houses. I love srpgs yet have only played 2 FE games before this one. I really like the monastery stuff, managing your time in the near and long terms like it's persona is fun. Beyond the fun classing system and combat system, this game has strengths in a cast of characters that aren't terribly deep on the whole but punch way above their weight. It really shines on the hardest difficulty mode where the game really feels alive - you definitely can ignore many if not most of its systems in lower difficulties. I'm going to play all remaining routes of the game back to back on maddening like an insane person.

SRPG honorable mention: Triangle Strategy. Crazy wordy beginning which drags a little bit but past that you get a reasonably interesting plot and a fun game. Probably one of the best of these types of games in recent years that isn't a remake or a sequel.

Xeno honorable mention: Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Gacha sucks, affinity system kinda sucks, almost everything else about this rules. Best music in the series, orb combo system is a lot of fun, good challenge mode. Torna DLC is a great refinement with even better music.

I put in over 100 hours for every single one of the above games, and I'm on track for way over that if I do everything in three houses. I lost my drat mind this year.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Kins posted:

Lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

The Kins posted:

lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Top 5

1. Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts - Beating this on Professional difficulty was a truly Matteian feat.

2. Castlevania Chronicles (Original & Arranged modes) - Like the first NES game with some cool set pieces and great 16-bit graphics and music.

3. Klonoa - I liked it better than Yoshi's Island which I also beat this year. Klonoa 2 is just as good.

4. Contra Hard Corps - Four characters with their own weapons & abilities plus multiple stage paths and endings elevate this over Contra 3 and make it one of the best 16-bit action games.

5. Donkey Kong Country 2 - Incredibly frustrating in places but the fun controls and music make you want to keep playing.

Honorable Mention

Control (2019) - Looking forward to the sequel.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

The Kins posted:

yakuza like a dragon

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Oh yeah IZGC GotY
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
As good as any other Treasure game I've played, I keep meaning to go back and try hard mode but, games.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

yakuza like a dragon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Kins posted:

lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

The Kins posted:

lmfao god

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Kins posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Kins posted:

lordy

----------------

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Kins posted:

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

goty elden ring. shitloads of fun at first and the seamless coop mod brought my buddies back in for another run through the game.

game club goty metal gear 2. can't believe how much this still holds up today. playing MGS1 right after this ruled too.

great year for gaming

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

b_d posted:

not as funny as some of the poo poo hizke says about cum every day.

Shots fired on Hizke?

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

Shots fired on Hizke?

I think Hizke is the one firing shots actually.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think Hizke is the one firing shots actually.

Alley OOP!

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Me when Hizke's making me cum with his hand by rubbing my cock

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

Lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i'm being 100% sincere

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

insane anime posted:

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

insane anime posted:

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

insane anime posted:

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Me after Hizke jerks off my erect dick to completion: Well, THAT happened.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Me, crawling in on my arms and knees with my eyes all watery and my exposed purple penis and balls dragging on the ground: Bros. Hizke won’t let me cum.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Wormskull posted:

Me, crawling in on my arms and knees with my eyes all watery and my exposed purple penis and balls dragging on the ground: Bros. Hizke won’t let me cum.

tell him its december bro

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bob and Hizke got the imps holes on lockdown :negative:

----------------

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
It's Elden Ring.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
waiting patiently for hizke to finish jerking everyone off so I can say what video games I liked