Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tarnop posted:

Voting Labour is entirely consistent with what the people in this video want. Controls on immigration, benefit freezes, offshoring asylum seekers, the whole works

Yeah but why vote kinda fash when you can vote total fash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Southgate's boys are gonna win the World Cup and everyone will be so proud that Israel agree to free Palestine and Putin pulls out of Ukraine and Rishi says sorry and lets Corbs be in charge and James Corden's late night chat show gets cancelled

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

happyhippy posted:

Good news on that last one, hes stopping it last time I heard.

See, it's already working!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh no the youths are sexting :geno:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

keep punching joe posted:

Kids today don't even know what a torrent is. The dumb idiots. They actually pay for the media they consume.

No one's torrented since the 00s, it's all just illegal streams based in Lithuania now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Or as its called these days the Phil Foden

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Dev continues to maintain that the majority of them are basically radicalised by unfiltered tiktok which is just prank videos and Andrew Tate.

This sounds like total speculation and our generation's version of "TV/D&D/video games is corrupting today's youth". Like yeah those shits definitely exist but I'd want proof to show they exist in any larger number than other generations

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I suspect it's more that those kids are the very vocal minority and the other kids are going along with it so they don't get targetted.

Unfiltered tiktok is much, much worse than twitter though, even new Musk flavoured twitter.

Unfiltered TikTok is just as capable of taking you down a hole of queer anarcho-communism. The algorithm is incredibly effective but all it does is respond to your own interests.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

As a comparative latecomer to this thread, why is he called Keith?

He looks like a Keith

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you use the bants smiley you're a millenial

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Former WWE star Sasha Banks is calling herself Merceds Mone now and I'm getting so confused

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This legislation is unethical but whoops it's in place now oh well our hands are tied

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jeremy Corbyn would be 20 points ahead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

That reminds me of something else that's been baffling me lately. It seems mad how much people gamble. If I'm in the queue at the kiosk in a supermarket more often than not there's someone in front of me just spending like, 15 quid or more on scratchcards and lottery tickets. And it's just crazy. Surely if you spend that much you must see that you keep losing it. I get that gambling addiction is a thing but that's a significant amount of money. loving garbage society that has people that desperate to get out of it that it has them spending money that would actually make a difference on a hopeless bid to get out of it.

Makes me think of all those scumbag labour MPs in bed with the gambling lobbyists. Not enough rope in the world to right the misery they bring.

Just think of gambling and paying for the rush of being about to gain or lose something

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

But like, I've seen people not even seemingly experience that, like they'll just tell the cashier to scratch a bunch of them off for them, or my grandmother when she was alive on the fruit machines just shoveling money into it with a completely blank look. If there's feeling there I can't see it. I assume that's the addiction part but that's why it seems hosed up. And like, if you didn't spend the money you would have the money. That's the thing it's depriving people of the actual benefit of the money, you could buy yourself two lots of fish and chips for £15 and they would last longer, feed you, and surely be more enjoyable.

When you're doing it repetitively like that you enter a flow state so you're trying to maintain that for as long as possible. It's a form of escapism just like getting pissed or getting high and that's where the addiction comes in

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mebh posted:

rarity is wrong

:saddowns:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Z the IVth posted:

get your balls stomped on repeatedly by a giant rotting woman wielding a katana.

:frogon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gonzo McFee posted:

Just replace "Wrestling" with "Invisible Hand"

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's beginning to look a lot like football

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah but we name our gritters cute names like Gritty McGritface & Sweet Child O'Brine (the latter is currently in Forfar) & Gonnae Snow Do That

That's Scotland and I expect your gritter programme is functional as well, this is an England problem

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bristol has a bunch of grit bins all around the city centre. Coincidentally we aren't currently plastered in snow by now makes u think

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kate is new money which still means gently caress all to old money

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tesseraction posted:

Also I finally got covid :confuoot:

So goongrats to the super-avoiders who managed to outdo me

Congrats. I don't have COVID but I got a booster yesterday and I've spent the last 24 hours doing a speedrun of the symptoms. Finally reached the point where I just feel knackered but hey at least I got a day off work out of it (plus immunity hey ho)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Perfect Element posted:

Honestly, your cat won't give a poo poo. She'll be pleased when you're home, but honestly they're not that smart even if you think they are. As long as they're warm and fed and have somewhere appropriate to take a poo poo, their needs are met.

Your cat will spend 2 minutes wondering where their pet human has gone before getting distracted by a cozy blanket

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How many hoodies has Kieth hugged? :thunkher:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

Inspired by the original term 'nonce' - an unknown yet critical number that cryptographers decode to generate the next blocks

:thunkher:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My computer says it's -5 degrees outside. Who can I speak to about this injustice?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:justpost: imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hell yeah the lurkers have posted!

Of course that means you're posters now, it's your duty to keep posting :blastu:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mfcrocker posted:

(No Tories)

What about Lib Dems? :thunkher:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Superb

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cards on the table, I've poo poo my pants

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress me that's a page snipe that is

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Miftan posted:

Maybe some misinformed Lib Dem members/voters who haven't kept up with their party's policies at all in the last decade, but the actual leadership are all tories and will enact tory policies except maybe PR for obvious reasons. I don't even believe they'll ever try to get some of their non-poo poo policies like drug reform through.

There are two things to consider when choosing who to vote for:
1) do they have good policies?
2) do I trust them to actually follow through?

2 is a no for both lib dems and labour atm, even if 1 somehow squeeks through.

Look I just really want a skills wallet ok?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Last year I did some quick calculations based on sales figures and how much he claimed to have raised for charity. I don't remember the exact figures, but in his first year he raised something like £85k, and by the same metric, going by claimed sales numbers, last year it would have been about £130k.

Which is nice, but seems questionably low for the top spot on the chart.

No one buys records any more and there's no money in streaming

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tesseraction posted:

The beardy guy split into the two redheads.

I feel like we'd be in a better world if they all did this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Microplastics posted:

Bloody Muslims coming over here and forcing Christianity down our throats

You can't even say Happy Holidays any more! :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just had our works do last night, by the end of the night they were just giving out free drinks tokens like candy. Pretty sure I only spent 10 quid the whole night :getin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tesseraction posted:

my old ones were pretty fun, getting slaughtered on the company dime

helped that I really liked my old colleagues mind you

Yeah you just need to work with people that aren't poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bit unfair to chuck all my area's power cuts at the weekend when A-H get all theirs during work time :colbert: