Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Does anyone have any recommendations where to get new blinds from? We're getting new windows put in and the old blinds likely won't fit, and are old and crap anyway.

Looking mainly for wood venetian style slat blinds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Mourning Due posted:

Ah yes, just what I want to do when having health problems: have to make complicated, literal life or death choices about my health care. Yes, I'll be in the perfect state of mind to make choices then.

I hate the tyranny of choice so much. I don't really give a gently caress who my pet insurer is, or my travel insurer, or my energy provider or internet provider or credit card provider. I don't want to him and haw about minute differences to get a smidge better deal. My time is my most valuable resource, wasting it making stupid choices is not the way to spend it!

EDIT: actually, what I WOULD love is a service that just decides all this poo poo for me. Is there anyone out there offering that? To once a year, look at your current plans & see if there's anything better? Automatically, rather than having to manually go through gocompare or something.

This infuriates me so much, I went to the GPs with tonsillitis, throat covered in ulcers for over a week before I went, barely able to eat or drink anything without significant pain. Get to the GP, he has a look, says it's probably tonsillitis, and then asks "what do you want me to do about it?".

I'm like, I don't loving know, I'm not a doctor, I just want to feel better and be able to eat something, at this point I don't care what you do to make me feel better just do it. Ended up with antibiotics and was already on the mend by the next morning.

Patient choice is great, but it has to be informed otherwise it is useless. There's no point asking a patient what they want you to do if the patient doesn't understand what can or needs to be done. There's a reason doctors have spent many years at medical school.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dabir posted:

And as soon as you start thinking even slightly about how the werewolves are coded it gets pretty uncomfortable.

Or the hook nosed goblin bankers?