Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

piano chimp posted:

My favourite posh-ish whisky is Bunnahabhain 12 which is distinctly not peaty. Great gift material for the rosy-cheeked booze enjoyers in your life.

Mmmm "River-bottom 12", sounds tasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The difference between "river-bottom water" and "bottom water" is important

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

As a N.I. resident i fervently wish for the day when Bushmills distillery is put to the torch. :barf:

I like Suntory Toki or Maker's Mark for preference but my budget drives me to Tesco own band vodka if i want a drink... Baileys has gone way up in price this year.

edit: cat: :yaycat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjVzGYZLhvo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Tom of Finland leather men squirting ketchup at one another?

Horny is forbidden

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
As always, this has been a good reminder that most people's politics are completely incoherent and the average punter is loving thick

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I think there's pretty good evidence of T-cell dysregulation after COVID infection, we just don't know how consequential or long-term it will be

Guavanaut posted:

Failed Imagineer will probably have better input than I, but I think it's from Gaeilge for mouth or lip,
Pretty much - béal is mouth but pus is like a pout

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 3, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

So more like "this kant's giving me some mouth/lip" than "this area of the craniofacial muscles is the mouth/lip"?

Yeah definitely not anatomical, the sulk is implied. My mother would often ask me "why ye walking around with a puss on ye?" when I was an angsty teen.

The answer - I was getting zero puss

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jedit posted:

"Ought", isn't it?

Think "ocht" is like "owt" meaning "anything". Whereas "och" I assume is the same as Irish "ach" meaning "but"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Has anyone ever done "Free Palestine" to the tune of "Sweet Caroline"? Cause I'm gonna try and get that going as a footie chant

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Only Kindness posted:

Legit brilliant. In the sense of "I wish I had thought of it".

Please claim it as your own and go for it.

Also what with the blue-tick in my username when it's quoted? Awful app getting silly?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Political capital is expended by taking positions and actually doing things. The way to win at politics is to hoard political capital like Smaug until you retire from politics and all the political capital is instantaneously converted into real capital via sinecure directorships

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Storing all my political capital on the blockchain to keep myself transparent and accountable

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Round bottom woks they make the woking world go round

Feels like "flat bottomed" was right there, but still :golfclap:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Remembering this for no reason

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1070969899693105153?t=0RrMsBmfXQfDYQ6c_Vs6AA&s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Looked her up on wikipedia, came across this:

Couldn't have happened to a lovelier person.

Smooth.

:stare:

"She's a full-on Mone(t). […] It's like a painting, see. From far away it's okay, but up close it's a big ol' mess."

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

His Divine Shadow posted:

Gotta be careful how you fold them, wrong way and they start to look a bit fashy...

E: actually more like a triskelion. A tris-kitty-lion?

E2: vvvvvvv :hmmyes:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

He was a lot more coherent writing about his wife's arse.

Note - do not ever try to use those words as an opener on Tinder

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Jim Crace is a big melt right? But drat does he have a laconic turn of phrase

E: nvm I misread that guy's name is Jim Grace. And the guy I was thinking of was John Crace...

E2: good tweet tho

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/RepClayHiggins/status/1498015748492599297?t=77KftvxAf-i9PmBb76bBjw&s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I forget who it was but I think someone in this thread said they would change their name to Xander Xevious so they could write their initials on people's organs without it looking suspicious. I still chuckle several years later

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lady Gaza posted:

Snowing thick and fast down here in Kent, which has brought up the inevitable debate over stick (wrong) vs settle (correct) between me and my wife.

It has to stick before it settles

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Noxville posted:

I hope they’re going to arrest all the clouds responsible for causing this kind of commuter disruption.

The inevitable consequence of a woke sky. Reflect upon this .

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Central heating is out, emergency repair guy called, the best time of year to need a £48 an hour repair job

My boilers been on a work-to-rule type thing for the last week where it heats up the house "a little" and then cuts out. My plumber has similarly been unable to get here until (hopefully) today, I guess it's the busy season. I miss being snuggly

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

Check the pressure gauge if it works for a bit then shuts off. If it's low you need to open the tap and fill it up (and there's probably a leak somewhere).

Yeah I pretty much know what the issue is. Used to have to top it up regularly because of a slow leak in the pressure relief valve, then plumber messed with it so now when it heats up the pressure jumps to 3bar and shuts off. So either the pressure valve or the expansion vessel needs replacing. Debatable how much of this is old boiler vs iatrogenic

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I never thought Kate and William were particularly suited to each other - like trying to put a square peg into a round hole

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"we're all struggling" seems like exactly the kind of thing which calls for a general strike imo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
They really can grift from every loving angle.

My wife's flights to London have been cancelled 2 days in a row so I guess uhh London just is no longer an international city when it gets cold? Solid stuff

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Just left our dog for 3 weeks while we were away getting married and whatnot, she had a great time and was delighted to see us when we came back, making very intense chirping noises. Cats tend to be even less bothered

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
If Richard Madeley could get a show where he just interviewed himself he'd absolutely do it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jedit posted:

Aw, they're just like little people, aren't they?

Depends how large they are I suppose, but I've never really thought of breasts as people

E: boobsnypa :mamacita:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bobby Deluxe posted:

He also howls in his sleep sometimes (not full throated, but a low mournful howl) which is adorable, but canines only really howl to signal to their pack that they're in distress, so it does worry me.

Thassa load of bollocks imo. Our lil guy sits in the window like an ornament all afternoon and mounrfully howls at any other dogs that walk by - she's just saying "hello, but also this is my spot so don't get any ideas". I'm pretty sure she's not in distress, cause she doesn't otherwise move unless I'm offering her cheese.

She also does have a poor sense of time, but the level of joyful freakout definitely ramps up when my wife's gone 3 days rather than 15 mins. You can tell by the noises and the way she wees on the floor (probably still talking about the dog there)

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 13, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

What sounds do wild canines make at cheese in their natural habitat? Give me grant money to find out!

We need to create one of those cheese-rolling steeplechase events but for dogs. They'd be way better at it than people anyway

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Theres probably threads on this website that we've posted in that, should the names be known in court, it would not look too clever so I can see why something like that might happen.

Being part of a WhatsApp that bants about rape probably does speak to the mindset of the alleged rapist though. I don't really see the equivalence you're making there.

Maybe if WhatsApp had existed 20years ago in the age of ironic edgelords I wouldn't have objected to being in a pro-rape bants group, but now I would have a big fucken problem with that, and would have major suspicions about anyone who presented themselves that way

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Any messages in the group should be evidence enough without the name of the group being stated if they were worried about creating prejustice in the jurors minds.

I remember arguing with someone about a previous rape and murder case where I thought dodgy Google searches on the suspects pc seemed pretty important bits of evidence of the guy being wrong as gently caress. But everyone explained to me I was wrong as it was just circumstantial and would prejustice the jury and the judge was right to exclude it.

Any spelling mistakes or stupid hot takes are because my fingers are loving freezing and I need the hot takes to survive.

Yeah idk I'm not really trying to create new legal theory here, just saying that if you are gleefully part of a group called "Rape and Pillage" in tyool 2022 I will probably assume you would do a rape if you thought you could get away with it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

"Great Rex" indeed. Also the eggs were thrown but Nuneaton

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/Rsharkeyuk/status/1603042499127279617?t=8ZfamK6whAO77sRglFbkZA&s=19

If you weren't aware of his expenses "scandal" you might think this implies that he's shagged his horses. Let me assure you, he still shags his horses.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dead Goon posted:

It's true, the UK as a whole isn't cutting enough heads off.

Knowing what Tories like to do with disembodied pig heads I don't think we can trust them with human heads

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Failed Imagineer posted:

"Great Rex" indeed.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

These days...

The fix is in.

Urgh wife has COVID for a second time, perhaps this will be the second Xmas running where we're both totally COVID'ed up :stoked: . At least I'm negative so far, which means I'm banished into the phantom zone of the spare room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Where the hell are you that it's -20.5c?