Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

What's the stuff Ultra-Mega-Libertarian Ron Swanson drinks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

His Divine Shadow posted:

That's Lagavullin, I wondered once if that had something to do with the price rise (here it went from 60€ to 90€ per bottle), but it happened way before parks & rec.

That was exactly my reason for asking!

(the price rise correlation, maybe)

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I like the carols from Kings.

I also end up listening to an enormous amount of Arvo Pärt at this time of year too.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

eh.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Guavanaut posted:

You can still call them a Lib Dem.

Steady on!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I use Mullvad VPN, it is very good.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Emoji tears of joy is a poo poo word.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Kieth, doesn't even deserve his name to be spelt correctly.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I was in hospital for 18 days last year, and I was very glad to have the TV on while there was absolutely nothing else to do, and I couldn't get out of bed.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Soon you won't even be able to go outside without being arrested, etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63916328

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

forkboy84 posted:

This but Football Manager

The button is the left mouse button. (The World Cup has gotten me back in on this game. It is such a time sink)

Football Manager is a spacebar simulator.

I'm slowly trudging along with my King's Lynn save, but I've watched too many YouTube videos and trying to play properly is really boring.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

BalloonFish posted:

https://twitter.com/can_cagzimm/status/1602061976129110016
https://twitter.com/anna_damski/status/1602073845556514818

We got trapped in this last night - instead of 2.5hrs from the Chunnel to home it was 6.5, three of which were spent stationary and the rest was doing no more than 40mph through unploughed snow and slush.

We were coming back from a weekend in France, and I had a rant all prepared about how stark the difference is now going from the UK to continental Europe - our destination was a city broadly equivalent to our home town in the UK (dunno why I'm being so cagey - we went to Metz) and it was genuinely shocking to wander around and realise "Oh yeah, this is what a first-world country without crippling regional inequality and an amoral political system is like...look, there's a person sweeping the street, and here's an open library...and a post office bank...look at this covered market that's not just vape stalls, American candy stands and phone repair booths...huh, a multimodal transport system run by the municipal government with a flat charge of €1.50 per trip anywhere in the city...what unworkable fantasy is this?"

France is not a utopia, and certainly not a progressive utopia, and has all sorts of social, political, ethical etc. issues to grapple with. But it does pass the test of "functional nation-state" which I increasingly doubt the UK does for most of us. And slamming straight off the Eurotunnel into a four-hour traffic jam caused by;
a) a shortage of ploughs to keep the nation's busiest motorway around its capital city free of four inches of snow
b) the inability of one in every three people to not be selfish pricks and not try to drive through that snow at 70mph before crashing and blocking the one passable lane
really just brought that home.

Lot of French people in France though.

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Dec 12, 2022

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

It's true, the UK as a whole isn't cutting enough heads off.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

killerwhat posted:

Forkboy84 and Jaeluni - I danced extra hard for you at the Sigh/Anaal Nathrakh gig!
Excellent night.

How are Anaal Nathrakh these days?

If a cat is twitching/wagging its tail - leave it alone!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I buy records, CDs and tapes!

[edit] I am actually 42 years old!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I will make sure to save my first King Brian coin and use it on my scratch cards. Our royal majesty is sure to bring me good luck,

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

"The customer is always right" is up there along with "there's no such thing as a stupid question" as phrases that have completely destroyed the human race.

No they aren't, yes there is.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I feel that "drop-in" trivialises the suffering of parachute accident survivors.

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Dec 21, 2022

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Happy Birthday, Jesus! Have a good day, mate!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I had a couple of sausage rolls this morning!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Tragedy is a Hardcore Punk band from America.

Very crusty, very d-beaty, very good.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

It's very tempting to get back on Twitter just to call people like this cunts.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

He's no Jay Leno, is he?

33 indeed.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I will never not read "Red Dead Redemption 2" as R2D2.

I bought a good game just before Christmas, called Norco.

I like point-and-click adventure games.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I like to buy a game, suck at it, and then watch someone else play it on YouTube.

It's a win-win, the developer gets their money, and I get to see the game finished.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

So, no social media and the show is going to try and teach them how to be decent human beings?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Murder doctors, innit.

It's a loving disgrace.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Another good game I have remembered that came out this year is Citizen Sleeper.

I think I read a review of it in the Morning Star, of all places, and had to check it out.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

My friend has been ill for what seems like a month now, and their partner has been the same for about a week less. I usually pop round for a coffee in the morning before they start work, and I think I might have started to come down with something, maybe?

My hearing in one ear has been terrible since Christmas day, and I feel like my head is underwater, or you know, that feeling you get when you've been swimming, and you get water in your ear? I had a bit of a sore throat last week for a day or two, but that didn't really turn into anything. I feel a bit like Schrödinger's cold, as long as I don't observe or measure, I'll be fine.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

If you're not calculating probabilities for continuous random variables all day, what are you even doing with your life?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just meat!

This is the short one without grandad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQu4Jj8S8Q

🎵 Did somebody say Just Meat? 🎵

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Autechre released their debut album in 1993.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jedit posted:

How does this affect the difference in tone between those headlines?

Isn't it obvious?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

She's very concerned about the plans to build a Mega-incinerator in my town, apparently.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Teslas like driving into emergency vehicles, so I have read.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

OwlFancier posted:

I would suggest it is as close to "neutral" language as possible given that "attempts to defend" would imply they have failed.

But that in itself is exemplary of the contemptible refusal to actually acknowledge the reality of anything they report on. Government says a thing, no idea if it's correct, but they said it, and that's all we'll say.

"Attempts to defend" also suggests that such awful things need defending in the first place.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

forkboy84 posted:

Hell. Sides 1 & 2 of their debut record Scum have almost entirely different lineups. Side 1 is Justin Broadrick, Mick Harris & Nic Bullen, side 2 is Lee Dorrian, Bill Steer, Jim Wheatley & Mick Harris.

Awww, that was going to be my piece of Napalm Death trivia!

Mick Harris' project Lull is excellent, he has just released a new record on Cold Spring.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Harry "The Grandmaster" Windsor is starting to make a lot of sense.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Has this been posted yet, surely it has...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

A-woke Hitlter

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 18, 2023