Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
It has to be the Penguins new management which led to this - don’t they own another Boston team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
HNIC announced Flames vs Oilers in an outdoor game in October 2023

Worth a visit to Edmonton to get super drunk in -10 weather on Halloween weekend for 150 dollar tickets? Perhaps

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Zaroff posted:

It has to be the Penguins new management which led to this - don’t they own another Boston team?

That's probably reading too much into it. The Penguins and Bruins are two of the NHL's flagship franchises when it comes to tv ratings. I doubt there was any more thought put into it than that.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

sleep with the vicious posted:

HNIC announced Flames vs Oilers in an outdoor game in October 2023

Worth a visit to Edmonton to get super drunk in -10 weather on Halloween weekend for 150 dollar tickets? Perhaps

Depending on what the weather wants to do next year, it could be anywhere between -20 and +20, so it wouldn't be as cold as the Heritage Classic

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Ginette Reno posted:

That's probably reading too much into it. The Penguins and Bruins are two of the NHL's flagship franchises when it comes to tv ratings. I doubt there was any more thought put into it than that.

It is not a coincidence that the owners of Fenway Park and the Pittsburgh Penguins have managed to get the Pittsburgh Penguins playing at Fenway Park.

It makes sense as a draw in general so no complaints, but it was definitely set up deliberately.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

sleep with the vicious posted:

Worth a visit to Edmonton

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Arivia posted:

january 2023 thread is up for you to stumble into as timezones permit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020884