Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Heh, I'll be damned.

Reverse psychology!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The digital boards caused the Isles/CBJ game to be a stuttering mess for 3-4 minutes. :downsbravo:

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Jeff Skinner is tied with Austin Matthews in goals and played 5 less games.

Buffalo really is fun to watch this year.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1608640568627761154

Wizardry

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Misanthrope posted:

Jeff Skinner is tied with Austin Matthews in goals and played 5 less games.

Buffalo really is fun to watch this year.

... especially if they blow a 5 goal lead in one period

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I’d probably take kucherov but that’s just because I like winning Stanley cups. You dudes might prioritize other things like skating all around all zip zip zipparoo.

No wrong opinions, to be frank.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Misanthrope posted:

... especially if they blow a 5 goal lead in one period

Not if Kyle Okposo has anything to say about it!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

The habs are in their usual holiday form again!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Wonderllama posted:

I’d probably take kucherov but that’s just because I like winning Stanley cups. You dudes might prioritize other things like skating all around all zip zip zipparoo.

No wrong opinions, to be frank.

You can have the Oilers roster with Kucherov and i will take the Lightning roster with McDavid

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Zodijackylite posted:

Buchnevich has 42 goals and 103 points in 99 as a Blue. Blais has 0 goals in 44 games as a Ranger.

Yikes!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres picked up where they left off to (mostly) dunk on the Red Wings and win their fifth game in a row. They’re 10-3-2 in their last 15. Unfortunately they lost 8 straight before that which kinda screwed them!

If they somehow beat Boston tomorrow to extend their winning streak to six, I will be all in on believing they will make the playoffs.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
2022 wasn't my favorite year of hockey, but it did give us this great series of games between the Coyotes and Leafs.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1608686103984492546

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The zero goals thing for Blais is just a piece of it. I know he wasn’t exactly an offensive superstar before his ACL injury, but post injury he has been completely useless at the NHL level. Beyond even attempting to score a goal, the things you’d expect from a Blais-type player- skating fast north to south, throwing big hits, digging in corners, 4th liner poo poo, he can’t do.

The thing that baffles me the most though is that he was touted as a big agitator/pest and he hasn’t done any of that, which on a team with a deadly PP would actually give him some usefulness. Unlike everything else, I don’t see how his injury prevents him from being a prick that gets under opposing players skin. Maybe Gallant is telling him not to do that? Which would make the teams evaluation of him even more mind boggling than it already is. Just an absolute shitshow, just cut your loses and trade him for a 5th and move on. Pretty much the entirety of 4th line plugs NYR has down in Hartford would be a better option than Blais at this point.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ChrisDriedger/status/1608657754549542913?t=UoGTnDMdcJMt606sgLpAoA&s=19

This fuckin rules

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hey Dreidger and Cobain both know all about getting blown out in Seattle.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
You're a Good Poster ThinkTank and like I don't want to make a huge deal of it but suicide jokes really aren't cool. :(

Back on topic (kind of), I never liked Nirvana/Cobain but that's still a rad rear end mask.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s fine that’s a murder joke.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

Hey Dreidger and Cobain both know all about getting blown out in Seattle.

Too soon.

I don’t know why he’d get a cool mask done, it’s not like they’re going to play him. Maybe get a couple games? He’s one of three goalies with some sort of NTC, so that’s fun.

E: I should say that I find it disturbing that they use the refrain from Lithium as the goal song. Completely missing the point of the song where Lithium is the update to Marx’s opiate of the masses, and the song itself is about a guy who lost his girlfriend trying to find god before killing himself. Just not a great choice for a goal celebration.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 30, 2022

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jhet posted:

Too soon.

I don’t know why he’d get a cool mask done, it’s not like they’re going to play him. Maybe get a couple games? He’s one of three goalies with some sort of NTC, so that’s fun.

Getting a rad mask doesn’t need any reasoning

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aphrodite posted:

It’s fine that’s a murder joke.

:yowie:

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
make jokes about stuff

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Jhet posted:

Too soon.

E: I should say that I find it disturbing that they use the refrain from Lithium as the goal song. Completely missing the point of the song where Lithium is the update to Marx’s opiate of the masses, and the song itself is about a guy who lost his girlfriend trying to find god before killing himself. Just not a great choice for a goal celebration.

It has a chorus of Cobain yelling "yeaaaaah", is instantly recognizable as from Seattle, and is way better than basically any other local option. Like would you rather have a Macklemore song as the goal tune? No thanks.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Pungry posted:

It has a chorus of Cobain yelling "yeaaaaah", is instantly recognizable as from Seattle, and is way better than basically any other local option. Like would you rather have a Macklemore song as the goal tune? No thanks.

Could have gone with Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam? There are plenty of other options from the same decade as Nirvana even before you get to Macklemore.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

They should go with the true Seattle sound: Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Listen man I'd love for the Kraken goal song to be some obscure vberkvlt Cascadian black metal deep cut but it ain't gonna happen. Nirvana is probably the best we're gonna get

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ThinkTank posted:

They should go with the true Seattle sound: Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs

Kelsey Grammer saying "Scrambled eggs all over my face" for stupid penalties

Just Frasier all the way down

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Kraken are literally a thrift shop team.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/LachInTheCrease...-160503097.html

Locking up this gigantic baby for 7 years seems like a poor idea!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Jhet posted:

Could have gone with Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam? There are plenty of other options from the same decade as Nirvana even before you get to Macklemore.

I'm sure Sir Mix-A-Lot would love to let you have a look at his catalogue.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Mr. Fish posted:

Listen man I'd love for the Kraken goal song to be some obscure vberkvlt Cascadian black metal deep cut but it ain't gonna happen. Nirvana is probably the best we're gonna get

I pitched Wolves in the Throne Room - Astral Blood to anyone who would listen but could not win over the hearts and minds. I get that Lithium is an odd choice based on the meaning of the song but I'll contend that there weren't really any great ones, and for the 99% of the people in the arena who don't know anything about it it's a good enough song to get up and yell lets go Kraken. No one wants to hear loving Spoonman every time a goal gets scored, and I'm not about to get up and cheer while _any_ macklemore song.

Posse's on Broadway should have been in the running but I could see it getting weeded out pretty quick.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

.Spec posted:

I pitched Wolves in the Throne Room - Astral Blood to anyone who would listen but could not win over the hearts and minds. I get that Lithium is an odd choice based on the meaning of the song but I'll contend that there weren't really any great ones, and for the 99% of the people in the arena who don't know anything about it it's a good enough song to get up and yell lets go Kraken. No one wants to hear loving Spoonman every time a goal gets scored, and I'm not about to get up and cheer while _any_ macklemore song.

Posse's on Broadway should have been in the running but I could see it getting weeded out pretty quick.

Bolt Thrower

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/goalvechkin/status/1608881801111695360?s=20&t=zq3hVspO1YH35m3pRX2xrA

https://twitter.com/casadoresdean/status/1608883264890241027?s=20&t=DAzBwrrU3dxd-eu6zhyw5A

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1608905231416365061

2036 draft eligible…

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 31, 2022

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Looks like Sullivan has finally admitted that Carter at 3c is a problem. Hopefully Carter at wing is less of an issue. I know they won't scratch him so this is the best they can hope for in terms of how to use him. Dumo getting demoted is also encouraging.

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1608971341981708288?s=20&t=zgmjhvLTFxYpjPaEob0Ghw

That defense is a yikes but with Letang and Petry missing what are ya gonna do. Hopefully Dumo doesn't drag Ty Smith down too much (he will).

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Dumo was a great player for the Pens for a long time and I hate talking poo poo about him, but he's really gotta go :sigh: then we can go back to talking poo poo about K****** K****** as the gods intended.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

i was certain that it was gonna be Jimi on the opposite side but i guess Driedger can't find a better man

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

JoeRules posted:

i was certain that it was gonna be Jimi on the opposite side but i guess Driedger can't find a better man

His initial plan was to have ten musicians on there but was told to yield at 2 if he wanted them to stay big enough for people to see.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
gutty performance from the devils tonight when they needed it. officials were up their own rear end

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Obviously a much better generational talent. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
lol that the game the Devils finally win is the one they get caved in