Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

T-Bone posted:

lol that the game the Devils finally win is the one they get caved in

they need like 5 more of those for it to even out

https://twitter.com/AlexC_THW/status/1609053090434674691
OMG i didn't see this live and they called it a good goal???

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

The Kraken are literally a thrift shop team.

Macklemore is one of their owners now...

unless that was a joke in which case *whoosh*

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Expansion drafts are actual thrift shopping.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
lol McDavid is at 72 points which is 20 ahead of the next non-Oiler

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Something something 5x5 lmao I'm a nerd

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I can see how the refs might say that Siegenthaler's knee into Joseph's thigh caused Joseph's leg to move that way given the position of the bodies when they make contact. I'd be pissed if I were a Devils fan but I can definitely accept an argument that it wasn't a distinct kicking motion.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Anytime some Twitter account tries to say "connor doesn't do x" i turn into some old man (i turn 40 in 2 weeks) and yell watch the games you nerd cause lol do these guys even watch hockey???

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

One of the Oilers Sportsnet guy said that McDavid doesn't really do defense. How much did that age you?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lmao if you think any of those assholes has a clue

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

T-Bone posted:

lol that the game the Devils finally win is the one they get caved in

i've come to the conclusion that "goals" are far too random a metric to be determining the outcome of hockey games. i think we should instead award points proportionally based on the infallible Deserve to Win o Meter

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

secret volcano lair posted:

i've come to the conclusion that "goals" are far too random a metric to be determining the outcome of hockey games. i think we should instead award points proportionally based on the infallible Deserve to Win o Meter
Chicago’s back baby

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is gonna hit 100 points this season

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

Dumo was a great player for the Pens for a long time and I hate talking poo poo about him, but he's really gotta go :sigh: then we can go back to talking poo poo about K****** K****** as the gods intended.

Kaapo Kakko ?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

mcmagic posted:

The goal is credited to Carter. Hth.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

secret volcano lair posted:

i've come to the conclusion that if the Devils can only win games where Vanecek and Blackwood steal it, then their season is hosed

luckily that won't be the case going forward, probably

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/billmeltzer/status/1609251824510304261?t=esSbddT_fDRF_FgOl8VaSg&s=19

:ok:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Knowing Chuck Fletcher, he’s already called the barbers in.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

THE SABRES BEAT THE BRUINS HOLY loving poo poo

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

:toxx: The Buffalo Sabres will make the playoffs this season.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I forgot the Bruins even played today. Looks like they got a point though which means they hit 60 before the 2023 portion of the schedule pretty good

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Oooof I can see them making up some ground but they would need 2 of Pittsburgh/either NY team or Tampa to completely poo poo the bed down the stretch

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Dirty Burger posted:

Oooof I can see them making up some ground but they would need 2 of Pittsburgh/either NY team or Tampa to completely poo poo the bed down the stretch

Whatever, Jeffrey can have my :10bux: if I’m wrong

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arizona has 11 points more than Chicago and is now only 4 behind Nashville.

Clearly they have finally turned the corner.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I love that John Hynes has an 9-years-and-counting career as an NHL head coach built solely on the power of "wow, this guy is such an over-the-top rear end in a top hat that he must be a genius"

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Rip you then. Sabres are closer to Montreal than WC2.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Eric the Mauve posted:

I love that John Hynes has an 9-years-and-counting career as an NHL head coach built solely on the power of "wow, this guy is such an over-the-top rear end in a top hat that he must be a genius"

Have you heard of the NHL, my friend?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Rip you then. Sabres are closer to Montreal than WC2.

They’re five points above Montreal with two games in hand and six points out of WC2 with three games in hand. They’ve won six in a row and went 11-3-2 in their past 16. Their vibes are off the charts.

Edit: #1 scoring team in the league and the #2 PP.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Tough To Play Against ™️

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Tbf, it would be both funny and cool if the Sabres made it in. Goaltending alone I don’t think it could happen, but hey.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think it's funnier when the Sabres are bad and never get any better. I know eventually they will probably be good enough to make the playoffs, but I want this era to last as long as possible because I'm petty and I think it's funny that 5-6 years ago a Sabres fan told me they'd be better than Boston "very soon" and every year it hasn't happened.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Edit: #1 scoring team in the league and the #2 PP.

What the hell

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
january 2023 thread is up for you to stumble into as timezones permit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020884

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think it's funnier when the Sabres are bad and never get any better. I know eventually they will probably be good enough to make the playoffs, but I want this era to last as long as possible because I'm petty and I think it's funny that 5-6 years ago a Sabres fan told me they'd be better than Boston "very soon" and every year it hasn't happened.

That’s stupid. They’re fun as hell to watch rn, the youngest team in the league averaging four goals a game. They’re incredible.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 1, 2023

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
If you're wondering how the Bruins lost at home finally, I just HAD to make my Caps bet a parlay with an easy Boston layup.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The winter classic commercials are all Crosby and Swayman even though Ullmark is going to get the start.

I wonder when they recorded those.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Alex Ovechkin kicks rear end!

I’d like to thank the Montreal team defense. That was one of the saddest performances I’ve seen in a while.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Chad Sexington posted:

If you're wondering how the Bruins lost at home finally, I just HAD to make my Caps bet a parlay with an easy Boston layup.

this was actually the third time they lost at home, they still haven't lost at home in regulation though

Aphrodite posted:

The winter classic commercials are all Crosby and Swayman even though Ullmark is going to get the start.

I wonder when they recorded those.

It barely registered with me that they even have the winter classic this year until the last week or so when they really ramped up the coverage. It's just not that exciting anymore and I don't know why we're playing the Penguins instead of someone the Bruins have at least a little bit of a rivalry with.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah the Bruins and Penguins have a rivalry like the windshield and bug have a rivalry :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Seeing Bedard at the WJC reminded the habs they had to tank.

Also the Guhle-less Canadiens are not great