Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Koopa Kid posted:

Sens called up Zaitsev, which is notable to me because I didn’t realize he was actually playing in the AHL :lol: Lou doesn’t get enough poo poo for how bad that contract is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIxiCysYzpc&t=33s

Even Don knew it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

If a team like the Caps wants to sell, they should be selling now not at the deadline if an acceptable return is to be had, to maximize their Bedard lottery tickets.

But they are not going to sell, because of Ovechkin. Just like the Penguins aren't going to sell as long as Crosby is there. Both teams will be buyers this year.

I'm fine with the Caps mortgaging their future to keep watching Ovi sock dingers. And I think Caps fans are too.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

One easy variable, though, is Mike Yeo which the management hired to 'assist' Bruce. Given that Rutherford didn't want Bruce there in the first place, it would be easy to think that Yeo is there to undermine Bruce.

Wait. They did what? :psyduck:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

stab posted:

Just woke up and Lol Habs

What the gently caress? It was 4-0 when I went to bed, jesus.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

xzzy posted:

Regulate goalies until the league average is 0.8%. If this requires banning the butterfly, so be it. I demand pad stacks.

So replace them with lacrosse goalies?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

No, there's precedent. You're allowed to hit Gallagher in the face.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

What happened with Skinner anyway? He seemed to completely collapse as soon as the Sabres resigned him, but now he looks to be back in his old form. Why was he so bad for a couple years?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Poile’s been around since 97 and hasn’t drafted an elite forward in his entire tenure. His biggest achievement is a silver medal at the 2010 Olympics lol

Lol, looking at the list, the best forwards he ever drafted are Martin Erat, Scott Hartnell, Patric Hornqvist, and David Legwand. And that was all like 20 years ago.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

RIP this summer's free agents who were hoping to get super paid:

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/1602708808085774337

Wow, that's like adding a Curtis Lazar to your team for free!

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Same. The rivalry was so good in the early 2010's, I miss that.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

T-Bone posted:

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1602797178472337411

feels like it's probably inevitable that they'll go to 20/32 with a 3 game play-in even if Bettman seems to be against it

I... agree... with Gary Bettman?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Ovi rules.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

lol Atlanta. That's like 6 goals a year against them.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Can the habs please opt out of reverse retro? Please?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/ECHL/status/1603864505020211225

Atlanta Gladiators of the ECHL bringing back the thrashers look

I thought I saw the Thrashers playing last night, but it turned out to be the habs.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Pungry posted:

The most frustrating thing about this year is that Panthers' management already expected it to be a step back and all these small injuries keeping key players out of big games gives them further excuses to just run it back the next year with little change. "Oh, Barkov was out against the Bruins and it was Spencer Knight's first game back off of two weeks of sickness, of course they got thumped", "oh Duclair was out for 3 months, no wonder they had to sign Eric Staal", "oh they're putting $14.5 million against the cap for goaltending with Bob and Knight and were expecting the salary cap to go up for next year, of course they can't expect to compete" etc etc etc. Just super frustrating that you can list any number of excuses for why this year is not working anywhere near as well as last year without considering that this dumbass culture change of hiring Paul Maurice and trying to emulate the Lightning is the actual problem.

Wait. They did what?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Is Ron Tugnutt the hockey playing cousin of baseball legend Bobson Dugnutt?

Ron Tugnutt once pulled his groin tying his shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

McDavid should be the top of all hockey best of lists except for "interview ability." Anyone who says he is anything other than the most talented player in the post lockout world is just being a contrarian idiot like the 80s fedora guy who claimed Sergei Shepelev was better than Gretzky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-0rHnnS7U8

lol, it's so pointlessly contrarian it's like watching modern ESPN.